Status: Slowly Active

Wild Love

Chapter One

“Jacob!” Renesmee giggled from the living room, “Stop it!” she continued to squeal gleefully. I sighed obviously annoyed while attempting to ignore the obvious flirtations proceeding in the room next door.

“Does it ever stop?” I asked my father, Edward Cullen, in a huff as I continued to cook my dinner.

“Relax Ellie,” Edward hummed, kissing the back of my head in a fatherly way as he passed by me. “Your time will come too, you won’t be alone forever.”

“I don’t need a man in my life to be happy, Dad.” I snipped, “What I do need however is to not be constantly drowning in “true love” that our family appears to be obsessed with.”

My father laughed musically as he swept out of the room, no doubt to go find my mother. However, my statement was not inaccurate or made out of spite. All of my four years on this Earth has been surrounded in perfect love stories, between unimaginably perfect people; something that I will never have a chance of living up to. I don’t want a perfect star-lite romance, and I don’t mind being single but being constantly reminded of it was exhausting. To top it all off I was one of the few family members that was without a special power. This constantly resulted in me being seen as second to Nessie. She was the one that was the answer to the great love triangle between our parents, and her boyfriend – which still caused me serious discomfort to think about - saved our entire family with her “amazing” power, and was the more attractive one of us. My mother, Bella (formerly Swan) Cullen, being my number one non-supporter.

Nessie has always been the favourite out of the two of us in our mother’s eyes. Nessie was born first, by two minute I might aid, the more beautiful, talented, and intelligent. Doesn’t help that Nessie has the special ability to share her thoughts, memories, and feeling through touch. In other words she was the families perfect, little angel, and savior at the mere age of a couple months old. The only thing that was special about me was my crystal light blue eyes, which were inherited from my father’s mother. The woman who I was named after, or at least my middle name was anyway. Adelaide Elizabeth Cullen was my full name, however I preferred to be called “Ellie” after my father’s mother. He admired and loved the woman so dearly; it was my way to connecting to her and trying to draw from her strength to survive this family. I’m just a typical 4-year-old Human/Vampire Hybrid who appears 18, or at least as normal as one can be in a situation like this.