Status: The first of many Supernatural fanfictions to come.

Red Hair and Green Eyes

Chapter 1

"Deana?" asks a tentative voice.

She slowly turns and puts on a purposefully fake smile. "Yes, Cas?"

"Are you in a bad mood?" the awkward angel asks.

"No, Cas. What would I possibly be mad about? Staking out a house when I'm supposed to have a night off to get off is fan-freaking-tastic."

Castiel blinks in bemused silence.

"What?"

"I have learned sarcasm by now, you know."

"Gold star, Cas!" She turns to continue staring out the window.

"....It is...admirable, how you put your work ahead of a good time."

Deana softens and gives him a solid pat on the shoulder. "Thanks, Cas. I don't mean to take out my anger on you; I'm sorry."

"It is quite alright, Deana."

They sit in silence for another twenty minutes, when Castiel says, "Did you see--"

"Yep." Deana sits up straight and peers out into the darkness.

A tense moment is broken by a knock on her window, causing her to leap inches off her seat. Her head whips to the left to see a ghostly white face practically glued to her window.

"Hi!" the smiling face says.

"Uh...hi."

"What'cha doin' parked outside my house?" she asks, very friendly. "Car trouble? Need help?"

Deana rolls down her window a crack. "Um, actually, yeah. It'd be great if we could use your phone. I was just texting my sister about coming to get us when my phone died."

"Oh, bummer! You can totally use my phone! Come inside." She stands upright and jogs back to her front door.

Castiel grips Deana's forearm as she starts to open her door. "Are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Come on, Cas. Even if she isn't the sweet, friendly girl she seems to be, we don't have a choice. Come on, be a brave hunter." She gets out and hurries up to the house, Cas following cautiously behind her. The door is open, so they walk in, just as the still-smiling woman holds out a phone.

"Here ya go."

Deana smiles, taking the phone. "Thanks."

"No problem."

Deana gives a thankful nod, and is about to look down at the phone, when she distinctly sees the woman gives her the up-down, with a sly sparkle in her huge green eyes. 'She's checking me out?' Deana thinks to herself, then looks down at the phone with a small smirk. 'This night might lead to something after all.'

"Hey, Sammy!" she says, when her little sister finally answers.

"What's going on, Deana?" Sam asks in a tired voice.

"Hey, sorry my phone died while I was texting you. I can give you the address of this nice girl's house so you can come get us."

Sam's tone changes, realizing there is potential danger. "Great, I'll write it down."

Deana looks to the redheaded beauty, who tells her the address, then reiterates it for Sam, who says she'll be there ASAP. Deana hangs up the phone and holds it out to the woman, who steps closer to take it.

"Thanks alot. I'm Deana. This weird guy behind me is Castiel."

"I'm Charlie." Her fingers brush along Deana's as she takes back the phone. "Great to meet you."

Deana melts as those big eyes stare into her soul. It takes alot for her to feel like the one being picked up, instead of the one picking someone up. And this girl is...well, alot.

Castiel clears his throat, and she turns to him with irritation.

"Maybe we should wait in the car," Cas says, glaring at Deana, who scowls back at him.

"Oh, no, you don't have to do that," Charlie says, and Deana turns back to her with a smile. "You're welcome to wait inside until your sister gets here."

"Are you sure?' Deana asks, just to sound polite.

"Of course, please, sit."

"Thanks so much, Charlie," Deana says as she walks past her, keeping eye contact, to the couch the redhead gestures them toward. She sits down, and Castiel shuts the door, then sits in a chair, which looks to be much easier to get up from quickly, if need be.

Charlie sits by Deana and asks, "Do you know how far away your sister is from here?"

"About fifteen minutes, I'd say."

"Do you live in town?" Charlie is sitting very close, her body turned toward Deana, so Deana turns toward her as well.

"Just passing through, unfortunately."

"Why is that unfortunate?" Castiel asks, earning a glare from Deana.

Charlie laughs. "Are you two together?"

Deana returns her eyes to Charlie's face. "Oh, no. Just friends. He lives with my sister and me." She leans in slightly, speaking more quietly, as if her next sentence is a secret. Charlie leans in, too, seeming to find it amusing already, and Deana speaks. "It was really Sammy's idea to take him in. Poor bastard wouldn't know what to do without us."

"How kind of the two of you," Charlie replies, just as quietly as her smile grows.

"I can hear you, Deana" Castiel says in a biting tone, and the women dissolve into laughter.

Charlie's hand falls to just above Deana's knee, and when their laughter ceases, they sit looking into eachother's eyes. Deana hears Castiel sigh loudly, but she ignores him. She and Charlie talk--and flirt quite a bit--until someone starts knocking heavily on the door.

"I'll get it," Charlie says, standing and hurrying to the door, with Castiel right behind her. She opens it, still all smiles. "Hi, are you Sam?"

"Uh, yeah. Are my sister and friend here?"

"Yep." She steps aside, as Cas and Deana step up to greet Sam.

"Hey, sissy," Deana says adorably, giving her a big hug that pins her arms to her sides. "Thanks for coming to get me!"

"Don't I always?" Sam asks with a small smile. To their host, she says, "Hi."

"Hiya! I'm Charlie. Glad I was awake to help!"

"Yes, very fortunate," says Cas. "Can we please go now?"

"God, Cas," says Deana, and turns to Charlie. "I'm sorry, he's really not trying to be rude. He's like a man-child."

Charlie laughs this awesome laugh and gives Deana's shoulder a squeeze. "No problem; it takes alot to offend me."

"I like a woman with thick skin," Deana says.

The two make eyes at eachother until Sam yanks her out the door, calling to Charlie, "Really, thanks so much!"

"You're welcome! Good to meet you, Sam! Cas!"

"Dammit, Sam!" Deana says once their shut inside Bobby's truck. "I didn't even have the chance to get her number!"

Sam looks bemused and pissed at the same time--an expression she often wears--as she pulls away from the house and drives off. "You have to come back tomorrow to get your car anyway, genius."

"Oh, yeah," Deana says with a grin.

"So I take it you checked to make sure this woman wasn't a monster of some sort?"

"Please, Sam. That's first date talk."

Sam gives the biggest, most dramatic eye-roll ever. She and Cas do that alot, Deana has noticed.

***

The next day, Deana dresses in a green flannel shirt that reminds her of Charlie's eyes, blue jeans with a black belt and silver buckle, and boots. Always boots, of course. She grabs the keys to Bobby's truck and tosses them to Sam. "Let's go get my car. And my lady."

Sam rolls her eyes and gets up from the dining table. Deana has already sprinted out to wait by the truck, and Sam follows much too slowly. The elder sister is bouncing like an excited dog, and when the door is unlocked, she jumps in, shuts it and cranks the radio.

"Let's go, Sammy!" she demands, and Sam pulls out of the driveway with a roll of her eyes.

***

Before the truck has come to a full stop outside of Charlie's house, Deana hops out and rushes to her '67 Impala. She gives it a thorough examination, and as she's finishing, a chipper voice says, "Hi!"

Deana straightens up, grinning. "Hey, there."

"You sure hurried back for your car."

"Who says I came back just for the car?"

A light blush colours the porcelain skin of Charlie's cheeks and nose, and Deana inwardly congratulates herself on this.

"Well," Charlie says, stepping around the back of the car, up to Deana, "if there's anything else I can help you with...."

Deana tilts her head to the side, with a cute smile, and says, "Your number would be most helpful."

Charlie holds out a long-fingered hand, and Deana places her cell phone into her palm. Charlie puts her number into the phone and gives it back.

"Thanks, Charlie."

"You're very welcome."

Sam honks her horn, and Charlie laughs.

"I'll call you very soon," Deana says, tossing the empty gas can into the trunk of the car, which they'd brought along so Charlie wouldn't be suspicious of the car trouble story.

"See you later," she says with a wave, then turns and takes wide strides toward her own car, which she gets into.

***

Deana walks around to her door, gets in, and follows Sam back to Bobby's, grinning all the way.
Deana drives everyone crazy for the rest of the day, pacing throughout the house and pestering her fam' for entertainment. She's just trying to pass the time until it's been long enough to call Charlie.

"Why don't you just call her?" Sam asks.

Deana looks at her incredulously. "I can't call her too soon! I'll look desperate!"

"Are you not?" asks Castiel. "Desperate?"

Dean shoots him a glare as Sam bursts into laughter.

"Eh, shut up!" Bobby calls from the living room. "Ya idjits."

"I'm getting pizza," Deana declares, setting off for the kitchen.

***

That evening, Deana finally calls Charlie, her fingers tapping nervously on her knee as she lounges outside. 'Why am I so nervous?' She doesn't usually feel intimidated or shy around the ladies. 'Because she's special,' she realizes, just before Charlie picks up the phone.

"Hello?"

'Wow, she's always so cheerful and sweet....' "Hi! It's--"

"Deana, hi! Great to hear from you."

"Hey. Um...."

"Would you like to get drinks with me tonight?"

Deana stares into space. Usually, she is the one to ask girls out, not the other way around. "Uh-umm, yeah! Yeah, okay."

"Awesome. What time?"

"I'm free the rest of the night, so it's up to you."

"I can be ready by eight."

"Great, I'll be there." Deana can hear the smile grow in Charlie's voice when she speaks again.

"See you then."

When they hang up, Deana lurches to her feet and does a little dance. 'Fuck, yeah!'

***

Deana pulls up to Charlie's house at 7:58 and jogs up to the door. She knocks, and only has to wait about a minute before Charlie opens the door.

"Hey."

"Hey...." Deana can't believe her eyes. The already beautiful woman is drop-dead gorgeous, with her read hair teased, black liquid liner and green eye shadow, and a short green dress with a black belt and thigh-high black boots. The hottest thing she's wearing is a black pair of scissors around her neck, a bit bigger than a quarter, that look very familiar. "You look awesome...."

Charlie conveniently has to step closer to Deana in order to step out and shut the door behind her. "You look hott, as usual."

Deana blushes and Charlie's eyes dance.

"Um, you like the Scissor Sisters?" Deana asks, pointing at the necklace.

Charlie's eyes pop wide open, and her hand flies to the pendant. "Yes! You know the Scissor Sisters?!"

Deana grins and nods. "Of course. They're one of my favourite groups."

"Oh, wow; I don't know many people who have even heard of them."

"Same here."

Charlie grins and takes her hand. "You're awesome. Ready to go?" She's already pulling Deana behind her to the Impala, and Deana lets herself be led.

"Yes, ma'am."

***

Deana drives Charlie to the local bar, hops out and runs around the car to open the car door for her.

"You don't have to open doors for me," Charlie tells her.

"Would you hate me if I said I really wanted to?"

Charlie smiles warmly. "Okay, I'll allow it. Just because you're so cute."

Deana's face heats up as she takes Charlie's hand and walks up to the bar's entrance with her. She realizes that this girl has made her blush twice already. Women never make her blush....

Inside the bar, Deana and Charlie order their drinks, and Deana pays.

"I'll get the next ones," Charlie states, and Deana smiles at her, placing a hand on the woman's lower back.

"I don't usually let my dates pay. But whatever makes you happy, you can do it."

Charlie looks her in the eyes. "I can do whatever makes me happy?"

"Yeah, sweetheart, whatever you want."

Her eyes dance as she leans in and kisses Deana, taking her totally by surprise. When they break apart, Charlie says, "I know you're supposed to wait 'til the end to do that, but it made me happy," cheerfully playing off Deana's words.

Deana grins. "What makes you happy, makes me happy, darlin'."
♠ ♠ ♠
This might be a oneshot, but maybe not, so you might want to turn on alerts for it. I hope y'all enjoyed!