Status: I plan for the whole AvengersAssemble! crew to come in. Also a brotp between Hayden/Natasha ;)

Doing It to Death

Chapter III

“Nat,” Clint interrupted the killer redhead watching the newbie agents train on the mats, and pulled her to the side. “Remember Colombia?”

She tilted her head ever so slightly, “Which time? When we were doing that false flag operation? Or when-”

Clint interrupted her, “When that girl... you know.” he looked around him and didn't dare finish the sentence with ‘saved your life’. The black widow would crush his windpipe before he dare finish the sentence.

She looked at him. “What about it?”

He opened the folder, showing her the files and the photos, one in particular which showed a brunette woman standing next to some mercenaries. Everyone in the photo had kevlar vests and automatic rifles.

Natasha frowned, “That's her?”

Clint nodded his head. “Hayden Walker. Come on, let's go, you're driving.”

~~~

Ajax and his mercs were littered around the cache of weapons at the dead drop. He sat perched on a large metal case, watching Hayden smoke her cigarette.

She had bummed it off one the men, and stood off the side, pacing, thinking deep thoughts. He watched her brows furrow and then relax. Her shoulders were tense and she smoked with one hand while the other stayed on her gun.

The man was making them wait. Which only pleased him more as he thought about how Ajax was going to end his life.

His thoughts were interrupted by a large truck and a cavalry of black cars drove up to where he was situated. She didn't stop pacing, but moved closer to him, coming to his side.

Mr Wayne Evans was a large fat man that was selling Ajax’s weapons to HYDRA. Along with making a bigger profit, he was selling guns to people Ajax did not want to be associated with. He had big plans for his empire, and the last thing he needed was the intervention of a government agency because he was inadvertently supplying a terrorist organisation with weapons.

Hayden puffed on her cigarette and was keeping her feet busy when Wayne got out of the second SUV from the front of the line of vehicles. She counted the men he had before he came waddling over, his posse behind him.

“Ajax! How goes it?”

“Not too well, Wayne,” his tone conveyed some emotion but it was not sadness, “But it's a beautiful day in New York so I shouldn't complain.”

Wayne smirked, “And with such beautiful company, nonetheless,” he looked at her and she watched his gaze linger over her body “Who's this treasure?”

Ajax didn't move, but let a smile grace his lips, “This treasure,” he looked over at her, a smile on his lips like he was laughing at her, “Is Hayden.”

“Such gorgeous eyes,” he turned to her direction. He was a disgusting man, she thought, and looked at her like she was a piece of meat and had some sort of accent that was thick that she couldn't pinpoint. “What can I do to make you leave with me?”

Hayden threw her cigarette at his feet, “Are you fucking kidding me?”

“Play nice, Hades,” Ajax was quick to butt in once he saw how red Wayne's face grew. “Let's get back to business, you bring the money?”

Wayne looked towards him, his deathly glare leaving Hayden's face. “Is that my weapons?” he gestured to the large metal cases in a pile, of which Ajax was perched.

“Of course.” Ajax moved and opened a case, the array of weapons met their eyes and Wayne nodded.

“Vasily, the money.” a large man passed a black duffel bag full of money to Wayne, and he handed it over.

“Boys, help them pack up,” Ajax counted the money as his men picked up the heavy cases, taking them to the fleet of vehicles that belonged to their new owner. “All here. pleasure doing business with you, Evans.”

“You too, Ajax, tell me if that problem doesn't clear up, maybe I have some friends that might be able to help,” the fat man shook hands with him, “And if the problem is that girl then I will take her, and I can show her how I deal with women with smart mouths.”

Ajax bit his jaw, “Don’t bother, I'm clearing up my problem after our meeting Mr Evans, and she is detrimental in solving it.”

“Excellent,” his smile said otherwise. “Till next time, Ajax.”

He turned and walked to his cars, his security following behind him.

“Tell me you're gonna kill that fucking asshole,” Hayden walked up to Ajax and they watched as they drove off.

His chest shook with laughter, “No, the honours fall to you.”

Hayden smiled. If she had to kill people for him then she had no problems getting rid of that sexist pig.

“Marco, take the money back to the compound.” Ajax threw the duffel bag of cash to the driver of the first vehicle. They walked back to the SUVs, and his bike which was hidden behind them. So Evans men wouldn't put the two together. Ajax didn't want HYDRA to know that he was behind the killing, it was merely business. “We’re going to go take care of that fuck.”

Ajax hopped on his black motorbike first, Hayden hopping on afterwards. They geared up, and she rested her rifle inbetween her stomach and his back. So it was completely hidden from view.

They left without another word, following behind Wayne Evans fleet of black SUVs. When they were a few cars behind, stationary at a red light, Ajax lifted his visor and turned his head to look at Hayden over shoulder.

“When I come up next to his car, I'll open the rear left door. Kill all four of them. Then shoot out the tyres.”

Hayden gave a thumbs up to signal she was on the same page, and as she leaned against him she readjusted her weapon.

“We'll do it on the highway.”

He flipped down his visor and the light turned green, and they slowly followed the fleet of black cars through the city.

She was nervous. Relatively. Whenever she did a job or a kill or a mission she'd always praise her nerves. Welcome them. They kept her on her toes, kept her alive.

Always paranoid or compensating, she gathered it was one of the main reasons she was still alive.

Well, that and her immortality.

Once they made it to the highway, Ajax pulled back the throttle and the two went flying towards Wayne Evans, catching up by weaving in and out of traffic easily. They passed the rear vehicle in the fleet, and passed more as they made their way to the second from the front, Mr Evans vehicle.

Repositioning her weapon, Hayden brought it to rest on the right side of her body against her thigh, pointing down at the ground. She flicked the safety off and Ajax pulled into the cars lane, hand on the rear door. He pulled it open with one hand, and accelerated the motorcycle a little so it opened wide.

Four heads turned to Hayden, and she watched with a smirk as she pulled up her gun and shot a spray of bullets into the front and the back, leaving Wayne Evans until last. The bodyguards were too slow in reaching for their weapons. Wayne screamed bloody murder, and shook as she pointed her gun at him. The driver, now dead, slumped against the steering wheel, his foot still on the accelerator, causing the car to climb in speed.

Hayden flicked up her visor, so Wayne could see exactly who it was before he died. When his eyes met hers they grew with anger, and she winked.

She heard the engine of the car behind theirs accelerate, shouts could be heard as the rear cars noticed what was happening and they started to assemble plans.

With three pulls of the trigger, she unloaded two bullets in his chest and one in his head. Ajax let go of the door and the force of their speed shut it instantly. As her final act, she shot out the left hand tyres and they accelerated off, disappearing into traffic. The SUV now full of dead people lost control, hitting into cars next to it before crashed into the side barrier with the other SUVs.

~~~

Natasha had watched the meeting with interest. Wayne was a very important man, so whoever he met with she liked to think was almost as equally as important. Or at least as dangerous.

The leader, Ajax, was a good looking man. Strong, tall, confident. And most of his men were like he was, but the young woman in his employ was eliciting the most intrigue.

Hayden was an interesting character. And what Natasha remembered about the girl was very little, but enough to decide that perhaps she wasn't a bad guy after all.

She knew almost more than anyone that the lines between good and evil, bad guy and good guy were sometimes blurred. Her own past was testament to that. And then SHIELD saved her.

“Nat, you saw that right?” Clints voice could be heard through her ear piece.

“Yeah,” she replied and watched her target leave on the motorcycle, and she decided instantly to follow. “I'm in pursuit.”

“Pursuit?” Clint almost screamed, “This is recon gathering, we can't let them know we're watching. Fury said to keep our distance.”

“I won't.” Natasha sped through traffic, still far behind the motorcycle as to not attract any attention.

“She's not even the target.” he huffed, knowing he was not able to change her mind, but perhaps provide another line of reasoning.

“No, she just killed the target.” Natasha spoke clearly. “So I'm gonna gather intel on her. I'll talk to you later. Don't wait up.”

And then she turned her earpiece off. She was the black widow, this was a piece of cake.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments! xx