Status: Sorry for any errors, pretty hard to catch them all with my cell phone. Being put on hold for a little while

Haunting

One.

Her eyes opened slowly as the sound of the tea-pot sang, she hadn't realized that for a few quick minutes she had dozed off. Her life was much different now, calm, collected, free, she was able to make her own choices and make new memories. But she was still struggling on the how, when and where of it all.

She didn't know anyone, she couldn't go anywhere far because she was hiding and she still felt as if she was dangerous. Not a good way to make new memories, so the old ones still flashed through her mind, sometimes in quick bursts while she was out or in dreams as if she was reliving it all.

How could see rid of them? How could she make new ones? Her fingers gripped the couch so hard she heard the wood crack under pressure, pulling her from her deepest thoughts causing her to let go.

Pushing herself up she glanced around her small apartment, one bathroom, small kitchen and a living room with a bed and couch. Nothing special, cheap and easy to hide. The walls had an ugly paint job of a brown beige color, as the windows held a small black tint to them.

The song if the tea-pot rang in her ears again and she quickly moved to remove it from the heat, her hands clenched again as if ready to hit something. It was a reflex she couldn't rid of, pouring the water over the tea bag she then placed it down.

Just as she did so, it was as if everything went in slow motion. Her front door swung open followed by a cop hitting the floor, her eyes widened and the cup in her hand shattered. It wasn't long before two men came running through, the first one was someone she'd thought would never be seen again. Their eyes met for a meer moment, remembering each other before he kept moving, the second one triggered something in her.

The urge to kill.

His blue shield and matching suit sent her mind into over flow and she reacted, her fist flying before she could even stop herself. The sound of flesh and knuckle against metal radiated through the apartment. Her leg moved quickly under his feet but he was able to dodge it, moving his arm and slamming her with the shield causing her to stumble back.

"Listen woman, I don't know who you are" He turned kicking the cop out of the house, "but I don't have time for this."

Getting back on her feet she followed as he ran and jumped out of her window into the next apartment in pursue of him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Can you tell me how this chapter went? I may re-do it.

Edited.