True Dreams Dreamt

Will They or Won't They

Before Boo Boo left, she managed to get his number, hoping they’d become friends. The day began to wind down, everyone began to leave except R5, Dove and Cameron. They all happened to be hanging outside in the yard, both Ross and Raen were being their normal goofball selves but then stopped to get the fire pit going. As they waited for the fire to pick up, Dove kept watching them. Dove:” Ah, can I ask something?” Raen:” Ah yes, sure go ahead.” Dove:” Why aren’t the two of you dating? I mean, I only ask due to what I’ve seen and I know others have too. You both goof around all the time whenever you’re together. The way the both of you seem to get along great and never correct the photographers when they catch you both together and ask if you’re together!” Ross glanced over at Raen who blushed, Ross:” Since we met, we just always seemed to hit it off. Got along great with each other from day one…” Raen:” We have always been there for each other. I guess we just never gave it any thought then what it is, two great friends enjoying each other’s company, who like being around each other.” Ross moved putting his arm around her, Ross:” And I’ll always be there for you because I know that you’ll always be there for me.” Raen smiled and pushed him off the chair. Riker helped him up and they looked to see where Raen had gone. Riker helped him up and they looked to see where Raen had gone. They saw her across from them standing by Cameron. Dove:” So if you two never gave dating each other a though, do you know if any of your brothers have?” Ross looked at all his brothers so it wasn’t obvious when his eyes met Riker’s. When their eyes met, Riker slightly shook his head no. Riker:” Some might think or say it’s me because it seems like I do but when I flirt with Raen it’s no different than when I flirt with others.” Raen glanced at Riker and smiled until Dove got her attention. Dove:” Ok than, so Raen…if you could date anyone in this group right here, who would you pick?” Raen looked over at Ross, she got nervous which Cameron noticed so he reached for her hand. Raen:” Cameron!” Dove:” Oh really, and why’s that?” Raen:” Because I’ve had a crush on him for months now. I appreciate Ross and the family’s opinions but I care more about what Cameron thinks.” She was blushing very red, but looked at him when he gave her hand a squeeze. Dove:” So Cameron, what do you think?” Cameron:” Well, I like her of course, she’s great to be around. I like how she speaks her mind, especially when needed. She’s very cute too. So to answer your next question I know you’re going to ask, yes I wouldn’t mind dating her. In fact, Raen would you like to go out on a date with me?” Raen:” I’d love to!” Ross:” So when’s this date?” Cameron:” Tomorrow night. I was thinking of keeping it simple, but sweet. A movie and dinner, then if we don’t want it to end right away, we’ll get some ice cream or something and eat under the stars!” Raen blushed, nodding.
A few hours passed and she had her head on Cameron’s shoulder and was falling asleep. Ross noticed and got up, Ross:” I think it’s time to put this fire out, get her to bed and then all of us just crash here.” Dove:” And Raen will be ok with that, she wouldn’t mind us crashing here?” Ross:” No of course not. She would insist and in fact, she’d say that it’s late why not just crash here.” Dove:” Man, you two really do know each other!” Ross nodded with a smile as he put the fire out and they all went in. Ross told them to crash anywhere they’d like while he went up to the spare room he normally ends up sharing with Riker. Rocky, Ellington, Rydel and Dove decided to crash in the living room. Riker made his way to the room closing the door behind him while Ross sat by the window thinking. Riker kept calling his name but he was lost in his mind. He had to throw a pillow at him to get Ross’ attention. Riker:” You ok? You’re spacing out.” Ross:” Oh ah, yea. I’m ah fine, fine.” Riker:” Ross, you know that you can talk to me about anything.” Ross:” Huh, oh yes I know. Ok.” There was silence, awkward silence and then he began. Ross:” Ok, so you know how Dove said all that stuff about Raen and I? (Riker nods looking curiously at him) Well, she has me thinking now, about it, about Raen differently.” Riker:” Ok, so what are you saying Ross. You might like Raen now?” Ross:” I don’t know, I think I might. Or maybe I always have.”
Meanwhile, Cameron brought Raen up to her room, gently placing her on the bed (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=190343069). He left going to join the others. When he walked into the room wearing a big smile across his face, Dove had to ask. Dove:” What’s with the smile?” Cameron:” Oh ah, I was just watching Raen sleep. That’s all.” Dove:” Hmm, looks like you’ve got it bad.” Cameron:” Ah no, not really.” When morning came, Raen woke up and went downstairs to the kitchen. She put the coffee on and had her normal half glass. She sat at the table, looking around at the guys and just looking out the glass door at the sunshine. Ross smelled the coffee and got up, she had his glass already out the cupboard on the counter waiting for him. He walked over to the counter, yawning, still somewhat asleep. But when he saw that his cup was already on the counter, he looked over at her smiling. Ross poured his cup, sat at across from her with a little smirk. While she was watching her and how beautiful she really is. As she gently blew on her coffee, she glanced up at him. Raen:” What, what is it?” Ross:” Oh ah, nothing. It’s just the way the sunlight lights up the room, that spot just seems to glow. Almost like you’re glowing.” Raen:” Ah ok.” She looked at him curiously, but confused and blushed taking another sip of her coffee.
Raen’s Thoughts:
“I wonder if he thought about what I did last night. I mean I faked falling asleep after Dove asked all those questions and said those comments. Are Ross and I really perfect together? Why haven’t I thought of him as more than just a friend, or why hasn’t he? Why haven’t we dated before? I mean now that it’s out there he is totally hot now that I’m looking at him that way. But if I start liking him what about Cameron? Hmm, I know…”
Raen cleared her throat, Ross looked over at her. Raen:” Before the others wake up, I want to say something. No matter what, I’m glad and very grateful that your part of my life. That we are such great friends, I don’t want that to change. I want you to always be there for me, be my strong shoulder to cry on…maybe someday if something happens we can give it a try.” Ross:” So if something were to happen in our future you’d…you wouldn’t have a problem with it?” Raen shook her head giving him that smirk she does that’s just for him.
Date Time:
As it grew closer to her date with Cameron, she began to get nervous for some reason.
Raen’s Thoughts:
“Part of me wants to do this date and wants it to go great to see where it goes. Start dating but…on the other hand if this date goes bad I now I could always go to Ross and cry on his shoulder…Ugh”
Cameron had got there to get her and she smiled biting her lip (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=190692597). When they got to the theater he gently grabbed her hand. Cameron:” Which movie would you like to see?” Raen:” You’re probably either going to laugh at me or look at me funny!” Cameron:” Why’s that?” Raen:” Because I would like to see Jurassic World.” Cameron:” Really, you want to see the Jurassic Park movie?” Raen:” Yes, I’ve seen all the movies, have them on DVD too.” Cameron:” Ok good. Hmm then how about seeing it in 3D?” Raen got very excited and said it would be an amazing idea to see it in 3D. He bought the tickets and whatever they wanted for snacks, then found the theater their movie was in. During the movie Raen tried not to jump but even with the music in the background she did. When she jumped Cameron thought it was cute and smirked. Once the movie was done, Cameron took her out for their diner where they talked about the movie.
Cameron’s Thoughts:
She’s this huge Jurassic Park fan, no way! Plus, she’s just amazing to be around, even if you’re in a bad mood. Being around her she always brings out the best in people from what I can tell. I hope I make a good enough impression on her and we can now officially date. I’d love to take her places, go to premieres with her and everything!”
After dinner, he brought her home and she gently gave him a kiss on the cheek saying good night. When she looked up she grabbed her laptop and logged into skype. Before she did anything she text Ross. I’m home now, don’t worry :P Btw he was a perfect gentleman. Going skype with the girls. Nite <R2 Glad you’re home now safe & sound. When you’re done I will be on if you want to chat with me. <R. Laura, Dove, Debby, Rani, Sabrina, Olivia and Rowan all got on. Raen did a group chat and waited for them.
Skype with the Girls:
Dove:” Ok, so how’d it go?” Raen:” It was better than I thought. We went and saw Jurassic World in 3D! I think he was a little surprised when I told him I have all the movies on DVD. He bought us snacks as well and we found the perfect seats. After the movie he took me out to dinner where we talked about the movie, how’d they try to continue the franchise. He even fed some of his food to try it out which was good but also very romantic.” All the girls listened intently, Rydel popped up to join, Rydel:” Oh you’re home now. Have you text Ross to let him know so he can stop worrying?” Raen glanced at the others who were waiting for her to answer. Raen:” Before I logged onto here I already text him to let him know. In fact, I text him the minute I walked in and closed the door behind me. He knows I’m home and he doesn’t worry.” Rydel:” Bullshit, you know dam well that when Ross knows when you’re on the tour bus, a plane or just anytime it’s late and he knows that you’re not home he worries. How long have you known my family? You should know that.” Dove:” Rydel, do you think he’s worrying now because of what I said about them last night and how because of that he might be realizing he actually likes her?” Rydel:” No, just Ross being Ross. He doesn’t seem any different than any other time that he’s worried over her. (Starts laughing) Ross liking Raen, as in more than a friend, sure they’ve been friends for many, many years. That will never happen.” Laura & Rowan:” People that have been friends for over ten years have been known to fall in love.” Sabrina:” What better way to fall in love than with your best friend. I mean, they’ve been there for you through both good and bad times so they’ve seen you at your worst as well as your best. They know you better than anyone including yourself…” Dove:” And both of them would make the absolute adorable and rather cute couple!”
They got off and she saw Ross was still on. She changed for bed first, then sat there debating on if she wanted to video chat with him or not. Meanwhile, when Cameron got home he went onto skype himself to talk with the guys.
Cameron’s Video Chat w/The Guys:
Mitchell was the first to log on, Mitchell:” So, how was your date with Raen?” Cameron was wearing an ear to ear grin. Cameron:” It was great. I was a little surprised to know that he’s a huge fan of the Jurassic Park franchise.” Ross went on, he went to say something but Boo Boo beat him to it first. Boo Boo:” Oh yea. I noticed she has the books when we were in her room.” Ross:” And she has them all on DVD too.” Cameron:” She said that after she picked them movie. We saw Jurassic World in 3D, then went to dinner.” Mitchell:” Well, let’s hear it. Did she kiss you or you kiss her?” Cameron blushed, getting nervous. Cameron:” She kissed me on the cheek. It was real sweet. I hope I left an impression on her and she’ll want to go on another date with me!” Mitchell:” I hope that I get to meet her soon. She sounds amazing!” Cameron:” Oh she is. You know you can just stop by her house one day. She always has people stopping by the house. She loves meeting new people too.” Mitchell:” Hmm, we’ll see.”