True Dreams Dreamt

Of Course....More Trouble

As they were about to leave, Raen got a call. Raen:” Oh hey Ross, good morning!” Ross:” I don’t know about good, but morning. Just a warning we had company following us last night. They got pictures of us kissing, so Cameron might see them and get mad.” The moment he said it, she felt a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach. When Raen hung up, Cameron called her. Cameron:” Ah Raen, is there anything you want to tell me?” Raen:” Yes. Um…Ross kissed me last night but I didn’t stop him and kissed him back?” Cameron:” Ok, glad you’re honest. Does this mean that you like him now and might want to be with him instead of me?” Raen:” Well, I do realize that I like him but I nor he wants to destroy what us, what we have. Plus, I don’t know if I’d say that I would want to be with him.” Cameron:” Raen, are you really happy with me?” Raen:” What, why would you ask that? Yes of course I’m happy with you.” Cameron:” I love you so much Raen and I know that you don’t want to hurt me if your feelings for Ross get stronger…However, I believe that if you and I were truly meant to be together we will get back together. So I don’t mind, go see what happens with Ross and the both of you. If anyone asks the break up was mutual and we’re still good friends. I will always love you, thank you for loving me back.” Raen:” Wow Cam, thanks I think. I don’t think that I will ever be strong enough to do that, to do what you just did. You really do love me so very much. I will always love you too Cam.” When they hung up she was still shocked. Debby:” Ah Raen, are you ok?” Raen:” H... he let me go. He loves me that much that if we’re really meant to be, we will find a way back to each other.” Debby:” Oh wow. That’s admirable. So what are you going to do now?” Raen shook her head a little shock still left on her face. Raen:” Right now I’m not going to worry about it. I’m going to go to the spa with my girls! Let’s go.” Ah Laura, will you and the girls help me? <Rs Ah sure, what’s up? <L Cameron told me what he just talked about with Raen. So, I want to plan a romantic dinner. But, you all are going to a movie premiere. I will come up with an excuse to leave and you convince her that she can come too, but I know Raen…She’ll want to go home after the spa because when she relaxes she gets ideas for projects. Plus, she clears her mind out. <Rs Ok I will help. I will let the girls know and we’ll get to work. <L. Laura informed the girls of Ross’ plans and they all agreed to help. Sabrina asked Raen to try something she usually gets at the spa, so they extended their time there a little longer than normal. When Raen was done, she waited for the others. Ross text Laura to tell her it’s time for the movie premiere. When the girls came out, Dove smiled at her. Dove:” Ready for what’s up next?” Raen looked at all her girls and gave them a nod. Raen:” Bring it. What’s next?” Rowan:” We’re going to stop by Dove’s house, change into these outfits we just got and then head to a movie premiere.” Raen nodded and they left, heading to Dove’s house. While there, she got a tour of Dove’s place which she found quite pretty, then they all changed (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=197376672). They all helped each other with hair and make-up, as well as accessories. Raen:” Oh wow, I love those clothes.” She picked up some dark purple/black jeans, a purple leather jacket that had a touch of lime green and hot pink. Dove:” Hmm, maybe after the filming is done, they’ll let me keep some or all the clothes in which case you could have them!” Raen:” What, really?! You’d just give me them?” Dove nodded with a smile. Once they were finished, Laura shot Ross a text to let him know they were heading to the movie. Dove checked the mailbox before they left and got the mail. They movie was a Johnny Depp movie and they got out the limo onto a red carpet. Once the girls were inside they all talked about which movies they’ve seen of Johnny Deep’s. Raen:” Are you sure you want me to answer this? (they all nodded) Ok I’ve seen all his movies but one of The Pirates of the Caribbean, I’ve seen Rango, Edward Scissorhands, The Lone Ranger, Into the Woods; bummed that he didn’t last much too long in that movie; Dark Shadows, Corpse Bride, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Secret Window, The Ninth Gate, Ed Wood, What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, Sleepy Hallow, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, From Hell, Platoon and Cry Baby.” Halfway through naming off the list of movies, Johnny Depp heard some of them and walked over. He asked Raen to repeat herself which she did, Raen:” Did you guys know that he has beaches named after his kids, and an old friend. Plus, a few famous people including Heath Ledger! Oh and the money he made off that movie that had a bit of the late actor, he donated to Matilda; Ledger’s daughter?!” Rowan:” Ah, you might…want to stop.” Raen:” Did you also know that he started his career as a musician but thanks to Nicholas Cage, he went into acting. His big break came in A Nightmare on Elm Street. His favorite characters that he played are Ed Wood, Jack Sparrow and Edward Scissorhands.” Johnny Depp:” My, my…seems like I have a big fan over here!” Raen’s mouth dropped, she looked at Sabrina and Olivia who both simply nodded their heads smirking. Raen turned around blushing, Raen:” Please say you didn’t hear all of that?” Johnny:” Oh but I did! So, how do you happen to know all that you know about me?” Raen:” I do a lot of reading, a lot of research on actors, actresses anyone famous.” He nodded grabbing her arm, leading her and the girls into the movie theater. He let her sit in the perfect seats, he pulled out a business card handing it to her which had his email on it. Johnny:” I’d love to keep in touch!” Sabrina:” Wait, you’re not staying for your own movie?” He smiled but looked at Raen, searching her eyes. Raen:” He doesn’t watch his own movies.” He gave her a kiss upon her cheek, but she followed him out. Raen:” Would it be ok if I asked for a picture?” He smiled and told her it was fine, so she pulled out her phone to take a picture or two. Raen gave him a hug, Raen:” It’s both an honor and privilege to meet you, sir!” He kissed her cheek again and told her to enjoy the movie. Raen went back to her seat eagerly awaiting the start of the movie.
Halfway through the movie, Ross finally found them thanks to Laura. When he saw Raen he handed her a rose, Raen:” Thank you, um what’s this for?” Ross:” Just for you and because I can!” He stayed for the rest of the movie, Deep had listened in on her comments thanks to the mics in the seats. He laughed when she had commented the girl Depp was killing in the movie should’ve been dead already, and not making noises. He also found it funny when she said “I don’t care, if I had to die in a movie or whatever, I’d love for Johnny Deep to be the one to kill me, or Johnny Depp could kill me anytime.” Ross:” Ah Raen, could you come to my house with me? I think we need to talk.” She nodded and followed him to the car, she went back to the girls and pulled them into a hug thanking them for the great night and day.
When Ross pulled into the driveway he turned the car off and turned to her. Ross:” Raen, do you trust me?” She searched his eyes, then told him that she does. He had her get out the car, once he locked it he pulled out a bandana which he tied around her eyes so he could lead her around the house to the backyard. There he had a beautiful dinner all set up. He stopped her so the spot she was standing; she could see it all. Ross:” Are you ready?” She gave a slight nod, nervous, he took off the blindfold and she looked around taking it all in. Raen:” Oh my gosh, Ross! Wow this, this is very beautiful, what’s all this?” Ross:” Oh this…this is just a beautiful diner I put together for us. I just wanted to show you that I can be very romantic and so we could talk some.” He pulled out her chair, then pushed her in gently while he sat down himself. He poured her some champagne and smiled across the table at her. Raen:” So what’s for dinner?” Ross:” Oh ah, just your favorite. Chicken, broccoli and bow tie pasta with Italian dressing.” Raen:” Ooh, yummy.” He gently put some in her bowl and they ate a little before talking. She told him she liked the spinach in it. Ross:” So how have you been?” Raen:” I’ve been alright since the breakup if you want to call it that. Honestly, it’s like I haven’t had a moment to even think about it. What with everyone asking me or trying to get me not to think of it.” He looked away, Ross:” Ah yea, I heard. Cameron told me.” She looked at him confused, so he explained it to her.
Over the next few weeks they hung out as if nothing happened and one afternoon Ross was at the house. Raen got a call from her agent while he was there, Raen:” Ah yes, what’s up.” She moved and then listened. When she hung up Ross asked what it was, Raen:” The Disney bosses, they think I’d be good for a part in this movie they’re working on. My agent is sending over a copy of the script soon for me to look over. They haven’t told me if anyone else has signed up to play the parts in it or not.” Ross nodded smiling, Raen couldn’t sleep and reread the script again. She felt bad that she lied to Ross but it was better than reality. For so long she thought no, she dreamed about being with Ross and now…all her heart really wants is…Cameron. Raen was secretly hoping that something might happen between them. She was hoping since the script in her hands was for Descendants 2. Her part was a girlfriend to Carlos but Mal’s long lost sister. Raen left all of Cameron’s contact info on her computer and she brought it up just sitting there staring at it. Instead, she messaged Dove.
Finding out:
R2: Do you know if Cam has the script for the new Descendants 2?
Dove: Of course, we all got them first. Wait, you have a script? Ooh, who do they want you to play?
R2: You’re long lost sister and Carlos’ possible girlfriend.
Dove: Oh…oh that’s why you were wondering if he got the script?
R2: Um, maybe just a little.
B.Bs wants to join the chat…
B.Bs: So you’re part of the movie now Rae?
R2: Ah, how’d you know. I only just found out yesterday night, and just told Dove now?
B.Bs: I have my ways. I don’t know if Cam knows though, do either of you?
R2: No, that’s what I’m wondering and just asked Dove.
S.C wants to join chat…
S.C: Just heard, congrats Raen. Can’t wait to start working with you!
R2: Um thanks. You don’t happen to know if Cam knows yet? I want to talk to him but for the past month or so we’ve been talking less and less
S.C: Not sure if he knows. Let’s ask Mitchell, he might now.
S.C invites M_Hope to join the conversation.
M_Hope: Hey everyone. Hey Raen, way to go on joining us!
R2: Thanks Mitchell. Ah…
Dove: Do you know if Cameron knows yet?
M_Hope: No, I haven’t talked with him today yet. Why not invite him to join us?
B.Bs: He might not want to, with Raen in here.
R2: I could make myself appear offline so it looks like I’m not on or in the IM chat. Go for it…
M_Hope invites Cam_B who accepts.
Cam_B: What’s up, everyone?
All: Nothing…
S.C: Just talking about the script mostly.
B.Bs: Yea, Mal’s long lost sister, who turns out might be your love interest.
Cam_B: Yes, I see that.
Dove: Any thoughts on who it could be or might be they might cast?
Cam_B: I heard they cast someone but not sure who and they don’t want to tell me. Do you guys know?
All: um…yes…
M_Hope: It’s…ah….
B.Bs: Cam it’s Raen
Cam_B: Oh yea, we’ll that’s good for her. I’m happy for her.
M_Hope: So you don’t have a problem with playing her boyfriend if it comes to it?
Cam_B: No, no we are both professionals. Um, Mitchell, Boo Boo can I talk to you guys?
B.Bs: No, we are all friends here. Just say whatever it is you want to say.
Cam_B: Is it wrong for me to want something to happen between us again? I’ve been thinking of her lately and I ...I miss her.
Dove: What if you found out she feels the same way?
Cam_B: I highly doubt it, she’s probably beyond happy that she’s finally with Ross.
Raen bit her lip, but clicked on his name so it brought up a private box for them to chat alone…
R2: Um…h hey
Cam_B: …oh hey…
R2: So I wanted to ask you something…
Cam_B: Ok, what’s that?
R2: Kenny asked me to be part of the new movie, but there’s a small problem…
Cam_B: Ok, what’s the problem?
R2: …he wrote that I’d be playing a love interest to your character and possible girlfriend. I haven’t said yes I’d do it, I actually wanted to see if it’s ok with you?
Cam_B: Yes, it’s fine. We are both profession. I think we’ll be fine. So um…how are you and Ross?
R2: um, ok. Honestly I think I had all these different ideas in my head of what it’d be like to date him, and it’s nothing like that at all.
Cam_B: oh, um wow. Really?
R2: Yes…between us it’s like just hanging out with him, only all the time now than before. Nothing like what I thought it’d be like. Don’t get me wrong, he does try with some flowers, romantic dinners and he’s always sweet and all but I feel like it’s not going anywhere except day by day. We are taking it day by day, like there’s no more excitement.
Cam_B: Oh, I’m sorry Rae. So, what are his thoughts on us working together?
R2: Well since I just got the script yesterday, late afternoon, all I told him was that it’s a Disney movie. That it was nothing big, and the script wasn’t done. I’m going to tell him later and then talk to him.
Cam_B: You’re not going to break up with him because of “us” are you? I mean because of us working together on the movie?
R2: Well, I don’t know about the break up part, but if it happens then it won’t be because of you or the movie. It will be because of how I feel or have felt.
She signed off and went to bed. In the morning after her shower she called Ross who came over. Ross:” Raen, is everything ok?” Raen:” Ah Ross, I want to talk to you. The script I got the other day was for Descendants 2, that Disney movie. I will be playing Mal’s long lost sister who’s also a possible love interest for Carlos.” Ross:” Ok that’s great. The first movie was such a huge hit, this one should be too.” Raen:” But that’s not all…I had this whole idea in my head on what it would be like to be with you and it’s nothing like I thought it would. Don’t get me wrong, you make me very happy but it’s just not the same.” Ross:” I know what you mean, like our fun just stopped all of a sudden once we got together.” Raen:” So, I think we should go back to just being good friends. I believe we’ll be just like we were before only without the pressure we seemed to put on ourselves.” Ross agreed and pulled her into a hug, both very relieved and seeming to be very relaxed now.
Ross left to join the rest of R5 for a show in the park, Raen straightened up and got on her laptop. She requested to video chat with Cameron.
Video Chat w/Cameron:
Cameron:” Hey Rae, what’s up?” Raen:” Ah, just bored. Would you like to come over?” Cameron:” Ah sure, I’ll be there soon.”
When he got there they didn’t know what to do. They gave each other an awkward hug. Both of them caught up, he helped her with some of her lines. Raen:” I hope you don’t get mad or upset but I hope we get close. Close enough maybe to go out again.” She looked away, clearly uncomfortable. Cameron gently turned her face to face him, she looked up at him. Cameron:” Can you tell me why?” Raen blushed, looking away biting her lip. Raen:” Oh well, ah ok. For the last few months I’ve thinking about you. My mind got away with what it could be like to be with my best friend, but the spark wasn’t there. Ross said the same thing, so we went back to just being best friends.” He nodded and they sat there in silence for a little while. Cameron:” Can I ask you something else?” Raen nodded, Cameron:” Why would you want to be with me again anyways?” That made her smile, Raen:” I’ll answer the question but first…” She pulled him into her and kissed him, when they pulled apart, Cameron had that look she missed. Cameron:” I’ve missed that.” Raen:” I’ve missed that too and missed you. How you make me feel. I mean, even if we don’t want to do anything and we’re just sitting there, you still make it fun somehow.” Cameron smiled, he invited her to join them for lunch. When Dove, Sofia and Boo Boo saw her with Cameron, they smiled.
When they began working on the movie, it was easy for both Cameron and Raen to just fall in love all over again. What you see in the movie of Carlos and Vie falling for each other, is what really happened. Dove:” Ready for your world to change?” Raen:” Ah, sure.” They did some promoting, Raen always with Cameron or Dove. The movie had a lot of one on ones of “Mal & Vie”. Raen remembers that Kenny got her in the studio last, all the cast was waiting to hear her voice. Raen had the lights off in the booth but one was kept on to read the song so she knew they didn’t see her and she only looked at Cameron or Dove. The first song she had to sing is after she has met Mal, she knows they’re connected and feels confused. Kenny had her do a few minor changes, if there were more he’d talk it over with the rest then let her know. Kenny wrote another great song like “If Only” that she sings when she first meets Carlos. The whole time Raen was singing it, she looked at Cameron. She held her laughter when she saw his face after pouring her heart out in the song. Cameron:” Whoa Rae, that was beautiful. What were you thinking about?” Raen looked away biting her lip blushing, Raen:” Well…you!”