Decode

One

Aiden’s POV
I woke up at my usual time of 6 am. I got out of bed to go make breakfast for my Dom, Cooper, and I. He never forced me into making him breakfast (his mom is a lovely fertile who made him learn to cook); I just do because it is the right thing as his fertile. Once in the kitchen I pulled out eggs, chopped vegetables and beef liver. I cracked three eggs into a bowl and scrambled them before pulling a pan down and placing it on the stove. I turned the burner on and poured the eggs and vegetables in.

I began to think about how things were before my accident. I used to be able to wake up an hour later. A stupid human ran me over with his car. It did a lot of damaged, so now I have a lot of muscle weakness. I can’t breathe as well as getting light headed and dizzy if I get up too quickly because my blood pressure does not adjust right. I can’t walk that far due to leg weakness and have to use a wheelchair outside the house. Sometimes when I get tired I have to use it in the house. The worst part was having a miscarriage and needing a hysterectomy. I was six months pregnant with a little female fertile, but now I can never get pregnant again. I suppose it’s kind of a good thing though; I don’t know if I could go through having a child with all the problems I’m left with. I mean, I tried to kill myself as soon as I had the chance because I felt I had nothing left.

My parents abandoned me after they found out I was infertile. I apparently was a disgrace to them. Cooper’s father, who is the head of the clan, promptly kicked them out. I shouldn’t be surprised. They disowned my Dom brother when I was seven after he didn’t mate with the fertile daughter of a head of a powerful clan. (Cooper’s clan took us in not long after that. His parents were unaware of my brother until I told them after my parents left me.)

Lost in my thoughts, I forgot I was cooking on until my hand hit the side of the pan causing me to jump back. The eggs and vegetables were nearly done. I grabbed a plate and gently emptied the pan once they finished. I grabbed a cutting board out and began mincing the beef liver. I put two thirds on the plate with the eggs and put the other third on a second plate for me. I was on a high blood diet because it helped keep me healthy with my problems. I my digestive system is not what it used to be. I feed from Cooper and raw beef liver is essentially the same as human blood.

I have to use a vest that vibrates to make sure my airways are clear because my muscles were affected by my accident and I couldn’t clear my lungs properly. I went to the living room to put on the vest. Cooper will be down soon and usually joins me with his food. I’ll eat when I’m done so I don’t throw up while I do my vest.

“Hey, baby, the food smells delicious,” Cooper said, kissing my forehead. He sat down and began eating.

I smiled. “I’m tired,” I announce after a moment of silence.

“You didn’t have to get up and cook if you aren’t feeling well,” he cooed.

“But I wanted to, it’s what I’m supposed to do as your mate,” I reply sadly. My vest went off as the treatment was completed. I unbuckled the front of the vest and pulled my knees up. Cooper came over next to me and wrapped his arm around me.

“Don’t get caught up in that, Aid. I know it’s hard for you. Just having you here is enough for me. I love you.”

I sighed trying not to cry. “I love you, too,” I whisper.

“Do you want to go finish eating in the kitchen,” he asked.

I nod. We both get up and head into the kitchen. Cooper grabs his plate on his way out. I get my plate and sit at the table in our kitchen. We sat quietly and ate.

“Do you feel well enough to go to school today?” he questioned as he put our plates in the sink.

“I think so,” I reply. I knew if I didn’t have to go and no one would fault me for staying home. I could drop out all together if I wanted. It is not uncommon for mated fertiles to drop out. I wanted to keep going to school because it gave me some normalcy.

Cooper carried me back to our bedroom. The bed looked super comfortable right now, but I still wanted to go to school. I went into the bathroom to get ready while my Dom laid out our clothes. Most fertiles let their Doms pick their clothes for them. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and threw my shoulder length, platinum blonde hair into a ponytail. I did not feel like putting on makeup today. I knew I looked sick, but I felt sick too. Cooper never pressured me to. Cooper came in just as I was finishing up.

“Are you sure you want to go today?” he asks, wrapping his arms around me.

“Yes Coop,” I nuzzle into his embrace.

“Just know we can always come home if you want,” he assured.

I went back to into our room and saw the clothes laid out on the bed. I took off my pajama and placed them in the hamper. I pulled on the black and white striped sweater and black skinny jeans Cooper had lain out. I had to lie down on the bed after standing back up because I felt really light headed and dizzy. Lying down quickly resolved it. I reached over to grab my phone. I saw my fertile friend Ryan had texted me asking how I was today.

Okay, I text back.

Do you want to hang out after school? he replies.

I don’t know if I’ll have the energy. I sigh.

“What are you sighing about?” Cooper asks.

“Ryan wants to hang out after school, but I don’t know if I’ll feel up to it.” I sit up.

“Well, he’ll understand if you don’t, and if you do than he’ll be glad you do. Maybe he and Sebastian could come over for dinner and I’ll cook that way it’ll be easier on you,” he says undressing.

“Okay,” I answer. He leans over and kisses my forehead before dressing himself in a black t-shirt and dark indigo jeans.

“Do you need me to carry you to the car?”

I nod shyly. I was already getting worn out and the day was just beginning. Cooper gently scooped me off the bed and carried me to our car, stopping to get our stuff on the way out.

The ride to school was uneventful. Half of me was wishing I’d just stayed home, but we were already here.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first chapter. I don't know how often I will update. I'm done with school for the year, but might be busy over the summer.