Status: Weekly Update

Enmeshment

Chapter III

Days passed and finally it's weekend. Things were a bit brutal for the last couple of days. The past two days happened to be combat practice. Eric paired Tris with Molly again and she beats her pretty bad. Tris ended up at the bottom of the scoreboard and bruises on her left cheek. Jack then again always got Eric's nerves for doing good and end up doing fifty to hundred push-ups every single practice. I still didn’t get it why he always chose Jack, not Edward or Peter. He didn’t even bother to talk to Al.

While not gave Jack a punishment, he will picked on me and calling me names every time he gets a chance. He divided me to another initiate or himself every time I paired up with Jack. I didn’t complain nor Jack since he didn’t want to do another push-ups or end up cleaning the toilet with his tongue like Eric said a few days ago. Goodness gracious I didn't have to do anything more damaging to his already broken nose, or worse, Eric doing something bad to me.

Four always reasons to Eric and told him that we should pick whichever partner we like to paired up with. But he just growled and confronted Four. Four on the other hand was patience and let him do whatever Eric wants to do. Despite I was pretty sure he could beat Eric in seconds. In fact he was the first of his class, and Eric came up second at the end of their initiation.

So it was good to finally have a break. I woke up early, went to the shower before anyone else awake and back to my bed again, rolling around and staring at the cold stone ceiling. I looked around my left to found Jack still snoring with his mouth open. I giggled and get up from my bed. I tucked him with his cover-up. I took my boots and walked slowly outside my dorm. I saw Tris's bed was already empty. I didn’t notice that when I went away for shower. Maybe she already woke up before me.

I slipped on my boots and go to the Pit. It was a large underground cavern with uneven rock walls that raise several stories high. Narrow paths and steps are carved from rock and connect each other. The roof was made of glass panels. Above the panels of glass is a glass building that lets light into the Pit. There are blue lanterns dangling at long intervals above all the stone paths that grow brighter as the sunlight dies. All paths in the Pit have no railings and were narrow.

It was so early and I just see a few people around. Some just doing exercise, some just hanging around, and I saw a couple smooching or should I say eating each other faces at the end of the corner under the shade.

I went to the Chasm where Eric almost got Christina killed for hanging her at the edge of the iron rail for five minutes. I continued walking upstairs until I reach the top of the Pit. I haven’t discovered this floor yet. I was hesitant at first, wondering if it was okay for initiates to come to this area. I shrugged and exploring around. I finally found a door that lead to the top of the building.

I was about to open the door when there was an announcement for Dauntless initiates to gathered around in the Pit. I immediately went back to the Pit and found out that it was now filled with parents and adults milled around. It was mostly the Dauntless adults and a few from another factions. All initiates were scattered around looking for their parents. I was so sure that today was visiting day. Peter stood with a tall man with busy eyebrows, and a short meek-looking lady both dressed in black pants, and white shirts. A Dauntless-born initiate with purple hair stood with a woman with a pierced eyebrow, and a tattooed father. Will stood with a woman in a blue dress, very young, similar looking; I bet she was his sister. Christina hugged a dark-skinned woman in black and white; and a younger sister stood beside them. Tris’ mother appeared with gray slacks, and grey jacket buttoned at the throat.

Tris ran towards her mother, and tears were running down as she hugged her and collapsed onto her arms. They were talking and I saw Tris was introducing Four to her mother and they talked a little bit before Four left. I was there standing by my own self, and I know nobody back in Abnegation non other than Tris’s Mom and some other nice women who took care of me after my parents died. Tris’s Mom noticed she and me waved at me to come closer.

“Look at you both being so fit and all.” She said as she hugged me.

“You have no idea Mom, she’s really good at this!” told Tris and made me blushing.

“I might be good at combat when Tris has a really big heart. She helped one of our friends from getting stabbed when we practicing knives throwing.” I returned her compliment.

Tris’s Mom was surprised with what her daughter did and she hugged her again. A moment after Will arrived with her sister and introduced her to us. Cara looked at us but she gave a withering look.

“I can’t believe you associate with them, Will.” Mocked Cara.

“Cara, you don’t need to be rude!” said Will.

“Oh, certainly not. Do you know what… “ Cara pointed Tris’s Mom. “She is? She’s a council member’s wife is what she is. She runs the volunteer agency. That supposedly helps the factionless. You think I don’t know that you’re just hoarding goods to distribute to your own faction while we don’t get fresh food for a month, huh? Food for the factionless, my eye!” She yelled at her and I could see Tris’s was getting mad the way she talked to her mother that way.

“I’m sorry, I believe you are mistaken.” Answered Tris’s Mom calmly.

“Mistaken. Ha. Hilarious. I’m sure you’re exactly what you seem. A faction of happy-go-lucky does gooders without a selfish bone in their bodies. Oh definitely. Right!” Ridiculed Cara.

“Where’s your goddamn manner!? You shouldn’t talk to her like that!” I snapped.

“Don’t you dare speak to my mother that way? Or I swear I will break your nose!” said Tris angrily.

“Back off Tris!” Will step up between Tris and his sister. “You’re not going to punch my sister!”

“Try me! If you expect me to listen to people who spread the lies of the Erudite, and of that hag Jeanine, then you will mistake me.” Replied Tris.

But Cara wouldn’t stop talking even after Tris warned her. “Now, how are you so sure they are lies? You haven’t personally gotten involved with this government yet, you know nothing.”

Tris clenching her teeth holding her anger, “I may not know anything, but I have my certainty. And with that I will prove you wrong, and on with that I will go until I prove all of you wrong, especially Jeanine. Now, I suggest you move away and shut your mouth, before I seriously hurt you.” She warned her again.

“Tris, you’re not. Come on, Beatrice. We wouldn’t want to bother your friend’s sister.” Tris’s Mom tried to held her back. “It’s really nice to see you again.” She said to me before walked away with Tris.

After they left, Cara looked at me and she made a disgusted look before took Will’s arm and moved away farther from me. Slowly I walked to get away from the Pit since I couldn’t’ handle the tense and seeing everyone with their close ones made me feel lonely even when I already accepted that I would never see my parents again. I walked backward but then I bumped into Eric.

“Nobody looking for you stiff?” He teased me. “Even your parents don’t seem to care to visit you.” He tittered.

“It’s non of your business sir!” I casually bumped my shoulder to his before I ran away from the Pit. I went back to the rooftop. There was a warning sign on the door so I looked back and forth to make sure nobody’s around. I opened up door but it was a little jammed, so I had to kick the corner of it. It finally opens and I could breathe the fresh air.

It was a really good spot at the top of the building. I walked, climbed up and carefully sit at the edge of the rooftop. My feet fly in the air and adrenaline started to pump to chest but it was a good feeling. I could see the whole city from up there. I was gazing around until the sun is finally clear up the entire city. I didn’t realize it I spend hours in there so I get up quickly and ready to go back to dining hall downstairs for lunch.

"You shouldn't be in here initiate!" I aghast and almost drop myself from the tower when I lose my grip and stumbled upon my own feet. Eric quickly grabbed me and pulled me toward him. I fall back on the floor with him on top of me. My heart racing, knowing that I almost fall to my death.

"What do you think you're doing stiff!!?" He screams. "You could've got yourself killed! Use your fucking brain!"

"I was fine until I was shocked because you yelled at me!" He glared at me. “Sir!” I added quickly. I pushed him away and get up to my feet. I raced to the door and go back inside. It was when I realized I sprained my ankle and it hurts so badly. I fall to my knee trying to hold the pain. Eric passed beside me and hand me his help, “get up!”

"I’m fine with my own!" I ward his hand. I was pretty angry with him right now for almost got me killed.

"Fine! Good luck going back to the first floor with that ankle!" And then he walked away.

I tried to get back up again but the pain strikes and I could feel it all over my foot, "aww dammit!" I was back sitting on the floor to loosen up a bit. I looked around and nobody was in the floor. That area was basically empty and nothing in there, so nobody was around. I sighed and tried to get up when I saw Eric rushed back and picked me up. "Put me down!" I screamed. He didn't respond, so I scream louder. "Put me down! Put me down!"

"Shut up!" He yelled.

I wanted to scream again but I take back my mind since I was sure it would be useless to argue with him. So I decided to keep my mouth shut and put an angry face instead. I wrapped my arms around his neck, in case he’s being a dick, tricking me and drop me at the chasm. At least I would drag him with me. Eric walked downstairs. Other Dauntless member passed by us and I was embarrassed to be carried by Eric. I didn't want them to stared at me but the truth is they didn't stare at me at all. Maybe it was because of Eric, and they were too afraid to face him. He kept going down until he stop at the leaders apartment floor and turn around the corner.

"We didn't go to the infirmary?" I asked but he didn't reply. No surprised at all. "Heyyy! Can you talk to me? I sprained my ankle indirectly because of you."

"Can you just shut up!?" He stopped and put me down to my feet. He grabbed a key from his right pocket and slides it to the censored. The door opens. He picked me up again, and took me inside. He dropped me to a three seats black leather sofa and it was when I was aware that I was inside Eric's apartment.

"Stay!" He commanded and left to his kitchen. He came back with a flat metal bucket full with ice and a hand towel.

He squatted in front of me. Untied my boot, took my right foot away. He rolled my pants up a little and dipped it to the bucket. I gasped when my skin touch the icy water but relaxed afterward. I was started to become best friend with ice since I joined Dauntless.

"Y-you could just take me to the infirmary. I-I will be fine."

He didn't reply as always and just starred at my foot. I felt awkward but then he get up, "just let it rest for a while. Do not take it out!" And then he left to another room.

I was left in the couch alone. I titled my head and checking around the room. I still couldn't believe that I was in Eric’s apartment, the scariest person Dauntless have. Surprisingly it was quite neat for a character like him. Almost everything in his apartment was black with a touch of leather and metallic shade.

I played with the hole on the couch and noticing there was a sketchbook laying on the coffee table in front of the couch. I leaned forward and open it slowly. There were bunch of great sketches with really good detailing. There were sketches of the cityscape, and some mythical animals that I've seen in the books when I was a little girl. I was fascinated by it and there was even a sketch of us in the gym. I kept opening it up until I stop at a closed-up sketch of very beautiful detailed eyes. He hasn’t drawn the entire face so I didn’t know who it was.

"This is not for you to see, initiate!" He grabbed the sketchbook from my hand harshly and threw it onto the coffee table.

"You drew all of that? Who is she?" I asked.

"It's non of your business!" He seemed angry and squatted back in front of me. “What the hell are you doing at the rooftop? You’re supposed to be at the Visiting Day in the Pit!” He took out my foot from the bucket and then wrapped it up tightly with roller bandage.

“Like you said, I don’t have anyone that care for me…” I answered and he looked up to see me before going back taking care of my foot. “My parents died when I was a kid. Some factionless tried to robbed them and end up killing them, even when my Mom said that they could take whatever they want…” I paused. “They killed them right in front of my own eyes…” He stopped bandaging my ankle before continued again. “Ha. I’m sorry I shouldn’t talk to you about this.” I realized I just told my story to him, and he probably didn’t even care about it.

He didn’t respond but he stopped doing what he was doing and leaned his face closer and it made me leaned back away when he was starring at me. We were like that for a few seconds before he tapped my ankle. "It should do!" He got up to his feet.

I get up quickly but I stumbled and I hold myself on Eric's arms. "Sorry..." He steadied myself on my feet and starred back at me. "I-I... I should go back to my dorm," I stuttered.

He shrugged a little and sat in the couch. I looked at him as he busied himself behind a book and I went to the door. "Thank you!" I thanked him and I heard him murmured before I got out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I tried my best to mix between the book, the original movie script, and my own story. Sorry if the timeline doesn't really match. And thank you all for the subs. I'd love to know what you think about the story so far :)

Outfit: Roxy's Outfit