Status: Weekly Update

Enmeshment

Chapter V

I was done showering when a few minutes later Jen burst inside the dorm. She was looking around before she saw Jack and I, and then running toward us. "Guys! One of the residents is throwing a party tonight. Everyone is invited!" she emphasized the last word. "We should come! Come on it'll be awesome. And, and, and I met this Dauntless guy and he is so cute!" Jen held my hands and shaking it off excitingly. "Please can we come?"

I didn't want to go anywhere and wanted to just straight going to bed but looking at Jen and how excited she is about this changed my mind. "As long you don't ask me to wear that insanely tall heels you bought a couple days, I'll be fine." I smirked. Jen squeaked happily and took my hand. "Come on! We need to go to the Pit!"

"What for?"

"Oh please, to get you something nice to wear tonight, duh! You can't come with just your plain sweatshirt."

"Is it really necessary?" I slowly got up from my bed.

Jen rolled her eyes. "You just need to trust me!" She pulled me to started going to walk. Jack was about to follow us when Jen stopped him. "Nah brother, you stay here! It's girls only!" She waved at him and dragged me faster. We arrived at the only dress store in the Pit and Jen started to look around to find her favorite. Most of the dresses were black with a little touch of colors.

"So who is this cute guy you're going with?" I asked as I nudged her elbow. Jen giggled. "Well, he's a Dauntless-born guy" She answered as she took a one-shoulder dress. "What do you think?"

"That's cute." I replied. "Cute? Uh oh nope!" She immediately put the dress back. "How do he look like? How long have you been seen him?" I smirked and Jen blushed. "A couple of weeks. Oh! You really need to see him. He is tall and handsome, with dark, bronzed skin and dark, brown eyes. His smile looked white against his bronze skin. He has brown hair. He also has a snake tattooed behind his ear. Oh he is so dreamy! That's why I wanna look good!" She took another one, a body-con dress. "Well, that looks great!"

"I'll try this one." And then she went to the dressing room.

I was wondering around the store and sometimes checking some dresses when I heard the front door was opened and I saw Eric came in and approaching the girl in the cashier. "You've got the leather jacket I asked?" He asked and she nodded before going to the storeroom behind her. He was waiting against the counter when he realized I was staring at him. I quickly turned around and trying to make myself busy checking on the rack. I saw him coming closer to me at the side of my eyes.

"You lost stiff?"

"Huh? What?" I turned around and he stood a couple feet from me.

"You can't find some boring grayish stiff clothes in here." He made fun of me again as usual.

I sighed. "Just accompany my friend looking for something for the party" I replied lazily. "Sir!" I added. I didn't understand Eric one bit, like he was being nice for helping me earlier and then turned into a jackass in a second. Right after that Jen came out from the dressing room. "Does it scream sexy?" She shouted but then shut her mouth when she saw Eric, "Sir..." Eric didn't bother to see Jen and he just staring at me. "Party huh? He asked. "Yes sir. You should come." Said Jen politely as she got closer to us.

It was really awkward for him standing in front of me not saying anything and just looking at me. The store attendant called Eric knowing him that she got him the jacket he asked. He took a second before walked to the cashier, paid her the money and got out from the store.

"Ha! That's something!" Said Jen as she nudged me. "Come on, let's find something for you!"

It took a while for Jen to pick the perfect dress for me. She asked me to try maybe almost half of the store collection and she decided that the last dress I tried is the perfect one. We paid for our dresses and then when I thought we were going back to our dorm, she took me to a hairdresser.

"Really, Jen?"

"Just trust me on this ok!"

We went inside and Jen talked to a woman who has a very awesome hair, black and shading into perfect silver in the bottom. I didn't ask for anything more and let the hairdresser did her job. Almost a couple hours later she was done doing my hair. I looked at the mirror it has a blue grayish shade at the bottom.

"Nice color! It suits you perfectly!" Said Jen who sat next to me. "You like it?"

I was amazed and nodded repeatedly, making Jen feel proud for her. She smiled so big and we left the saloon afterward and going back to our dorm. Jen was peeking her head in. "Good! Jack isn't here. Come on!" We entered the dorm and she immediately prepared herself and helping me get myself done for the party.

Jen and I went to rooftop where the party was held. The music was blaring so loud and they installed some strobe lights that kept changing colors every split second. I bet all other compounds could see Dauntless headquarters right now. I didn't recognize most of the people in here so I kept following Jen wherever she go. She was looking for this boy Uriah and then squealing when she saw him standing next to a pop-up bar.

"Uriah!" She called him.

"Heyyy!" He greeted her and kissed her cheek. "You come!" He grinned and held her closer to him.

"This is my friend!" She introduced me to him.

"Hi, I'm Roxy. Nice to meet you!"

"Yeah, I know you for some reason!" He smirked and I was a little confused. "Some reason?" I asked and he just shrugged. A second later the music changed. "Shall we dance now?" Asked Uriah as he lends a hand to Jen. She bit her lips and nodded. "You ok with yourself?" She asked me. I gave her a thumb up before she left to the dance floor. I was sitting on a bar stool looking for my other friends but it was too crowded, I couldn't even saw anyone and the lights made me a bit dizzy. I saw Jen was having a good time with Uriah when someone tapped my shoulder.

"Jack!"

Image
"Wow! You insanely good!" He said.

I gave him an awkward laugh. "Your sister did all the job."

"She sure did a really impressive job!" He smirked. "Hey wanna dance?" He asked me when the music changed again.

"Nah! I'm not good, Jack." I refused but he pulled me one step to the dance floor. "Come on Rox. It'll be fun."

"No, don't Jack. I'm terrible at this." I laughed and tried to refuse him politely but he kept pulling me to the dance floor so I just followed him. Jack started to move around and he threw my hands upside down and made silly faces to lighten up my mood. I was getting to loosen up when I saw Eric just entered and he was scanning the crowd. I tried to hide myself when suddenly I bumped into Jen.

"Heyyy! Look at you dancing!" She pinched my cheek.

"Your brother forced me to." I stick my tongue out to Jack and he just chuckled.

"Nice move Jack!" Said Jen and Jack just replied her with a glare. "I haven't introduce you with him." Said Jen when Uriah joined us with drink on his hands for Jen and himself. "Jack, this Uriah. Uriah, Jack." Both boys shook hands. "Can you guys please excuse us for a minute?"

"Where are you going?" Asked Uriah.

"Get a drink." She replied.

"I got this one for you." He showed her the glass on his hands.

"Jack can have that one. I'll be right back! Come on Rox!" She grabbed my wrist.

"Nah, I'm good Jen."

"No! You come with me!" She gave me an eye so I followed her out from the dance floor and moved to a corner instead of the bar.

"I thought you want to get a drink." I asked her confusedly

"Do not turn around. Eyes on me!" She said and it made me curious and I was about to turn my face around but Jen grabbed my jaw and bring it back. "I said don't!"

"What is it!?"

Image

"Eric is in the other side and he keeps his eyes on you since he gets here." I glanced a little and I saw him standing with other Dauntless leaders in the other side of the corner and his eyes kept focusing to my direction. I quickly turned back to Jen. "Well, I'll always be Team Jack but I don't want him beaten up my brother again. I can see, he is giving Jack a death stare."

"Why would he do that!?"

"Stop it Roxy. Like you don't see? I mean I can see it clearly! Well anyway, I have to go back to Uriah. See you around, ok?" And I nodded. I was standing alone when a couple minutes later Jack showed up. "Hey, why don't you come back? What are you doing here alone? I thought you get a drink with Jen."

"Yeah your sister worried about you."

"Me? What about me?"

"She said..." I paused. "Nah nevermind."

"You wanna go back to the dorm?"

"Nah, I'm fine. I probably should wait for Jen."

"She can take care of herself. Who knows what time she's going back?"

"I can take care of myself too." I stated. Suddenly a guy approached us. "Jack, right?" He asked and Jack nodded. "Four is looking for you at the control room."

"Me? Now? What's wrong?"

"I don't know. He said it's important." The guy said before he left.

"Dammit can I just have one free night!?" He complained.

"You better go now!"

"Ok! I'll be right back when it's done!" He then walked away to the entrance.

I was wondering around alone and end up back sitting in front of the bar when suddenly Eric took a seat beside me. "Two shots for me and her!" He ordered to the bartender as he scanned me from the bottom to the top and making me blushed. "I don't drink." I told him as the bartender served us. Eric took a shot. "Why? Alcohol to hard for a stiff to handle?" He chuckled.

I was so done with him making fun of me so I took the glass, chugged it and slammed it back to the counter. "One more!" I shouted to the bartender who then poured another glass for Eric and I. I quickly took another glass after the bartender stopped pouring

"Wow not so bad Roxy!" He grinned and called for another shot. Both of us chugged it at the same time. I called for another one and the glass was ready on my hand when suddenly Four showed up behind me and took the glass. "Wow, easy there initiate!" I turned around and I saw Four was coming to the party with Tris.

"What are you doing Eric? You know initiates are off limits!" Four stated.

"Guess I'm not the only one who violated the rules." Replied Eric as he gave an eye to Tris.

"How much did you take?" Asked Tris concernedly.

"Two!" I raised my fingers and didn't realize I raised three fingers instead of two and it made Eric laughed at me. "Anyway, what are you doing here sir?" I asked Four.

"Partying, obviously!" Replied Four.

"I thought you called Jack to help you in your office."

"I certainly not working right now."

"But the guy said you need him." I paused and Four was shaking his head. "Hmm... That's weird." I frowned.

Eric chuckled a little and it made me suspicious. Four shrugged and then asked Tris to joined him to the dance floor. Leaving me alone with Eric who couldn't stop drinking. We were in silent but then Eric went away from the bar to join the group of Dauntless leaders.

I took my time enjoying the music and sometime gazing the view but I was getting bored being in a party alone, so I decided to go back to my dorm. I tried to find Jen letting her know that I was going back but she was nowhere to be found. I walked to the door that leads to the stairs when I heard someone was causing a scene on the other side. My curiosity brought me closer to see what happened. I tiptoed and peeked behind a stranger's shoulder, and there I saw Eric.

"Roxy!" He saw me right after I wanted to hide behind this tall stranger. "Come here stiff!" He called.

People started to stare at me and I didn't like the feeling of it. I approached Eric and I saw he was already drinking a lot since he left me in the bar. Max was also in there with a couple other leaders.

"Hey you!" Max pointed me. "You're one of the initiates, Roxy right?" He asked and I nodded. "Do me a favor and take him to his apartment!"

"W-what?"

"I can take care myself!" Eric shouted yet still a bit tipsy.

"No! You take him back, understand!?" Instructed Max.

I was unwilling to help Eric especially when he was drunk like this, but Max was persistent and said that I'll get score for doing this. I took Eric's arm and wrapped it on my shoulder before I walked downstairs.

We were on the dark path when Eric started to babble. "I like your new hair." I stopped and looked at him in surprised. "It matches your eye." He grinned before blinked his eyes trying to stay awake. "You look pretty in that dress!" He added follow with a yawn. I shook my head because he was obviously drunk and probably didn't know what he was talking about. I struggled to weight him up over my small figure compares to him as he started to fell asleep.

"Nope!" I yelled as I tapped his cheek to wake him up. "I can't carry you. You need to stay awake!" I pulled him up again.

After a walk that felt like a really long trip I finally reached Eric's apartment. "Where's your key?" I asked and he just patted the pocket of his jeans. I grope under his pocket to find the key but Eric gave me a smirk and giggled after that. "Stop!" I smacked his hand and he stopped grinning. Surprisingly Eric was much easier to control when he was drunk.

I got the key, opened it up, and helped him get inside his apartment. I wanted to leave him in the couch but he kept pointing the bed. So I dragged him a few more meters away to his bed. "You better be grateful that we don't have any training tomorrow!"

He suddenly pushed me against the wall and his face was just an inch away from me. "Sorry…" I whispered as his eyes were looking at me straightly.

"That guy is so stupid!" He said and I didn't really understand.

"What? Who?" I asked confusedly.

"Your friend, your stupid friend!"

"You mean Jack?" And he nodded repeatedly. Clearly the booze made him acted funny. I realized he was talking about the prank. Eric tricked him to go to the control room while Four wasn't even there.

"He had know idea, doesn't he?" He laughed mischievously.

"Why you always picked on him? He's the top of our class, and he's a good guy, you know!" I emphasized the last one.

"What, you have a problem with that?" He moved closer to me. "You like him!? Ha!?" And he made a contemptuous smile.

"N-no! He's my friend sir!" I told him straightly.

"Eric!" he mumbled. "It's Eric for you! Don't call me sir anymore!"

"O-okay… Eric…" I replied softly.

He then walked to his bed and collapsed against his chest onto the bed and flexed his muscled. I was looking for a blanket and tucked him in. I took a step away but he grabbed my wrist. I turned around to see he was smirking before fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Theme song: A Lovely Mess by Front Porch Step
Outfit: Roxy's Outfit