Status: In progress

The Fire Within a Human Burns Brighter Than All of Hell

Chapter 1

I'm dead. That much is clear. Well, I'm ready to accept the white clouds and the harps and the bullshit, so long as I don't gotta start over my torture in Hell.... What's happening? I've been sucked back into my body, but I can't move, don't need to breathe. My eyes are closed, but somehow I can still see. I'm lying on my back, looking up at Crowley. Shit, why's he looking at my body like that? HEY! Hey, Crowley! Get the hell away from my body, you piece a shit! His eyes flash and I know he can hear me. He looks more serious, more determined than I've ever seen him. Determined for what? Then my mind's eye can see into his mind, and I know before he speaks.

"Listen to me, Deana Winchester. What's you're feeling right now isn't death. It's life, a new kind of life. Open your eyes, Deana. See what I see, feel what I feel. Let's go take a howl at that moon."

NO! No, Crowley, no! Send me back, please, please send me back! He can't, he can't possibly.... I SAID NO! I feel a force seize me, and it sucks and rips away everything I am, minus my memories and the more physical desires. I silently scream throughout the process, and then I feel nothing...no emotion. Well, that's not true. I feel some things. Like excitement, glee, strength. But it's all a wicked version of what it once was. My eyes fly open, and Crowley smirks, offering me his hand. I take it and we flee the motel room. And I feel free.

***

They've worked together in demon dealings for a few weeks now, with Deana living at Crowley's house with him. The pair has gotten so close, they can practically read eachother's minds, and they live in comfortable companionship. Sure, they still bicker and banter, but that's how they play--wouldn't be them if they didn't. Tonight, Deana is crowched on the ground and torturing some guy for Crowley, making his cold heart swell in a way that only she has ever been able to do.

"Now, Deana," he speaks leisurely, his words dragging out on a lazy drawl. "Let's not drive him into unconciousness, hmmm? We still need to get some information out of him, you know."

"Sorry, Crowley," she says, gripping the scum's collar and staring cruelly into his eyes. "He's just so damn pathetic...it makes me sick," Deana explains, spitting the fifth and last word.

"I understand my dear, but do try and control yourself."

She nods, and the effort it takes her to concede makes his insides flutter with amused fondness. Deana drops the man and rips a knife across his chest. This must have been the last straw for his pain threshold, as he spills everything he knows to the demon king.

"Very, good, Deana," Crowley says, stepping up to her flank and looking down at her. It surprises him as she smiles up at him, eyes shining at his praise. He rests a tentative hand curiously on her head, and her gleeful pride seems to grow. Crowley turns his attention to their captive, deciding to wonder about Deana later.

***

Deana's blood boiled and her stomach churned as she dealt with the pathetic creature she was torturing for Crowley. Now, as he praises her for a job well done, she glows warm on the inside. When he touches her, a caring hand on her head, Deana feels this spark in her heart that she hasn't felt in a long time...something she can't identify right at this moment, and she feels her smile widen embarassingly. When the demon king steps forward to finish off the pitiful worm on the ground before her, Deana feels her heart and her loins clench painfully, deliciously, as she watches.

***

A few weeks later, Crowley has noticed that Deana's attitude and reactions toward him--especially when he praises her for something--have become gradually more affectionate. Not in a flirty way, but like a child toward a caring authority figure. He marvels at how their relationship has grown, and wonders how much more it could....

***

Deana has realized by now that her feelings for Crowley are becoming too strong for her to ignore and supress. She'll snap soon, of that she is certain. When Deana was a human and a hunter, it was not difficult in the slightest to fight down the spark of attraction she felt for him, though she constantly found herself slipping up when it came to friendship--Sam questioned Deana everytime her attitude toward the demon became overly friendly. But, hey, they were just so much alike! Sarcastic and snarky with short fuses and a firey pride. And it's so damn easy for them to let go and have fun together, or to open up and have deep talks. Deana is not sure why it took her so long after becoming a demon to start letting go of her human sensibilities and aversions, but now that she is coming to terms with the fact that she and Crowley eventually lighting eachother's fires is inevitable, Deana feels much more at ease...so unlike the uptight hunter she once was.

***

Crowley and Deana are in the woods, ripping apart a man who dared cross them on a business deal, and as the shredded mass between them stops moving, they look up at eachother through their eyelashes. Covered in sweat and blood, their hungry eyes lock, hold for a moment, and then they're locked in eachother's arms, their mouths having crashed together as each demon paws at the other in desperate need. Crowley teleports them back to his house, to his bedroom, where he pins Deana on her back.

She smiles up at him and asks, "What took us so long?"

"I don't have a bloody clue, love," he answers, and kisses her mouth again, before trailing his lips across her cheek, along her jaw and down her neck, while she shudders beneath him. He smiles against her collar, before continuing down....

***

"Crowley, please!" Deana cries.

The demon king rises from between her legs, fresh blood coating his face from his cruel kisses. He smirks and replies, "Tell me what you want, love."

"You, bitch!" she answers.

He grins and plants a kiss on her dirty mouth. Deana decides that there is nowhere she'd rather be, than here with him forever in their hellish home.

***

As Crowley hears Deana, his love, screaming his name beneath his thrusting body, hears her growls and her roars and her moans, he knows that there is no way he'll ever be able to let her go, and will never waste another second with her, for the rest of eternity.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you've seen the show, you'll recognize Crowley's line in the beginning.

Hope y'all enjoyed! Chapter two soon to come!