Status: In progress

The Fire Within a Human Burns Brighter Than All of Hell

Chapter 5

Deana is shaken awake by Castiel, when the sky is deep blue from a nearly risen sun. "What?" she asks, already alert at the risk of danger. "What?"

"A vampire has Sam," he explains, panicked. "There must have been some who weren't in the nest when we struck. I can't get into the building--the place has been warded."

As soon as her sister's name left his lips, she was up, tugging on jeans and boots. "Take me there!" she demands.

***

Deana bursts into the house and is immediately faced with five vampires. "You guys are like roaches, huh? For every one you see, there are a thousand more. Also, you're diseased."

The one behind the first four laughs. "I see the rumours of the elder Winchester are true--she does use jokes to mask her fear."

"It's cute that you think I'm afraid of a few bats, 'specially when I took out your whole nest."

His eyes flash with fury, but his face remains impassive. "Well, don't worry. We'll be even soon enough." He steps aside to reveal Sam, tied to a share, tape over her mouth. She's beaten, bruised and bloody. But worst of all...blood is running down her neck.

Deana keeps composed, but inside she is screaming with rage. They fucking fed off her sister. She will enjoy killing them, more so than all the others. And just like that, a part of her that has remained dormant for over a month is now awake. She pictures all of the deliciously sick things she could do to them.... Sweet torture.

"Her mouth is watering..." one of the vamps says to their apparent leader. "What's going on?"

The leader watches her curiously. "I--"

Deana attacks, taking them by surprise. She puts down three of the bats quickly, leaving one female guarding the leader. They circle eachother for a long time before either of them strikes. Deana is the first to move, breaking the bitch's nose. It barely phases her, and she retaliates with a kick to Deana's ribs, but she misses. They both leap into the fight now, and oh, is it a bloody one. But, the thing about her that the vamps don't know is...Deana likes blood. She destoys the female, then turns to the leader, who is playing with Sam's hair. He smiles.

"Well, well...you really went to town, didn't you."

Deana looks at the dead female, and realizes that she completely mangled her.... She ripped up her face, took out an eye. Deana glances at each of the others to see that she fucked them up pretty well, too. She went completely beyond what was neccessary...just because she wanted to. Just because it was fun. Her eyes return to the leader, and Deana pretends to be unaffected by the gore she caused. "So, give her back before I have to do the same to you."

He grins, and before she can get a word in question out, a whole new bunch of bats drop from the ceiling. "Like roaches...that's what you said, yes?" asks the leader.

Deana admittedly takes a pretty bad beating in the next few minutes. But then, suddenly the leeches are being thrown away from her, someone grabs her and Sam, and they experience the familiar sensation of teleportation. When they appear outside the bunker, Cas is there. He runs up to them, picks up Sam and takes her inside.

Deana looks up into the beautiful hazel eyes of the demon king. He is staring intently at her, his gaze made up of worry, anger and desperation. She opens her mouth to thank him, but all that comes out is one word.

"Crowley."

The arm he has around her waist tightens almost painfully, and he takes the side of her face in his hand and crashes his mouth to hers in a fierce kiss. Immediately, the fire is reignited within her, and she has her arms wound tightly around his neck, her body pressed flush against his. Tears slip from her eyes and trail hot rivers down her cheeks.

When Crowley pulls back, he wipes the tears from her face and whispers soothingly, "It's okay, love. You're okay. I've got you."

They kiss again, this time softer, sweeter. And shortly after they break apart again, Castiel is back, and he rips Deana away from the demon. He holds tightly to Deana and drags her inside.

"I've healed your sister," he tells her casually, as if what just happened, didn't happen. "She is sleeping now."

"Cas."

"I suggest you let me to heal you, and then you should go to bed."

"Cas."

"Deana."

They stare eachother down, and she breaks first. "I'm not going to become a demon again."

"Good."

"Me caring for Crowley's got nothin' to do with that."

"Okay."

"You can't just manhandle me and tell me what to do all the time."

"I disagree."

"UGH, CAS!"

"Shall I heal you now?"

"No! Shove your angel mojo up your ass!"

"Have it your way, Deana. Goodnight." He disappears, leaving her fuming on her own.

A few days ago, Sam and Cas had warded the bunker against demons. So Crowley can't get in here unless Deana destroys the wards. She won't do that--it would be stupid, to upset Sam and put them at risk inside their own home. So she will have to go out to Crowley. Deana runs back outside, making sure to secure the door, and whirls around, her eyes searching hungrily for the demon. But he's not there. He's gone. She leans backward, letting her back hit the door, and weeps.

***

Before Deana goes to bed to sleep the day away, she creeps into Sam's room. The girl is sleeping soundly, and Deana's heart swells. She nearly lost her. Deana walks over and sits on the bed, where she pets Sam's thick brown hair and watches her, thinking how lucky she is to have a guardian demon watching over her. Who knows if they would have made it out of there, without Crowley.

Deana eventually lies beside her sister and falls into a heavy sleep. And for once, she has only pleasant dreams...images of hazel, black and red eyes greeting her from black nothingness.

***

The demon king went home after that damn angel again forced Deana away from him. But he's able to deal with the bubbling anger with much more ease this time. Because Deana still wants him, and he knows with absolute certainty that she will soon be his again. And eternity will be theirs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, yes, brief-but-sweet Drowley goodness! Let's get ready for more of that in the future, shall we? :)