Trapped.

1/1

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock blaring and groaned at the fact that I had forgotten to turn it off. It was the weekend after all and all I had wanted to do was sleep and nothing else more. Immediately upon waking, that ill feeling spread through out my stomach.

My mind had thought to last night and all the events that had taken place. My heart began to ache as I replayed him getting so mad at me. I still hadn't even realized what i did to make him upset. I tried not to let the tears form when I thought of him looking at me with such angry eyes.

I sniffled a bit and got out of my bed lazily. I walked to my bathroom and did my morning routine like usual. When I made way to wash my face, I dropped my hand abruptly when I saw my reflection. Tears began to build all over again as my fingers grazed over the purplish mark on my cheek. I had never expected to be in this position, and I never expected for him to be the one who put me in this position.

I cradled the bruise with my hand and felt ashamed when I looked at the older one on my stomach, now turned yellow in it's stage of healing. It was hard to understand this whole thing and try to deal with it. Deep down I knew it was wrong and I should've stopped it a long time ago, but I don't know how.

I didn't know how to break free from someone I loved truly. Someone who could be so loving and kind one minute then cold and hurtful the next. I had become trapped in a roller coaster of hell by the person I trusted most.

I turned away from my reflection no longer able to look at the person I had become, knowing I let that girl down very badly. My life had twisted into something sinister, but I let it happen.

When I finished my routine, I made myself a pot of coffee and waited desperately for the pot to brew. My mind was clouded with so many thoughts I couldn't focus. I drifted back to the first time he got angry at me, he said it was my fault.

I began to think that maybe it was all my fault and this is what I deserved. I didn't speak up or try to get away, too paralyzed in fear. Too scared to leave him, too scared to be without him.

A loud knock erupted across my door and I carefully looked over at it. My stomach bubbled in nervousness. I hesitated for a second before walking over to it. I nimbly opened the door and my heart rate jumped when he stood there looking at me.

"Dani," he whispered. I shivered at his voice and the way he stood there, regret in his eyes. He looked very tired as if he would pass out at any given moment. I didn't say anything while my fingers clutched my door tightly.

"I'm sorry," he said like he had many times and I was foolish to believe him. I hated how even when he caused me so much pain, I wanted him to hold me. I couldn't look him in the eye anymore and focused on the ground, not wanting him to see my tears.

"That's what you always say Jason," I whispered lowly.

"I know but I mean it this time, honest. I know sometimes I get too heated, but I'm am sorry," he tried to reason.

"I love you Dani," he added while lifting up a fresh and radiant red rose. Involuntarily I smiled at the action.

"I'm trying to get better," he whispered and I bit my lip. His face was so charming when he wasn't angry. A long time ago he used to be the sweetest person, but the fame changed him.

"You got to stop hurting me," I replied equally, this time I stared him right in the face tears brimming my eyes.

"I know. I'm sorry baby, please-please forgive me?" he begged with sadness in his brown eyes. I hated how he could control my emotions and make me love him even when I didn't want to. From the red stripe on his head down to his toes.

I should've done a lot of things different but I didn't, I couldn't. With my guard down, I slowly stepped aside and let him come in. He smiled and pulled me in for a kiss. I was trapped furthermore.

Trapped with the notion that he loved me.
♠ ♠ ♠
First off let me say that abuse is NEVER okay. This was one of my older one shots I've found in my "vault" of stories. This in no fashion, shape, or form condones abuse. But to show the reality of it and how the person can be manipulated.

This is fiction of course and purely my imagination. Any names or events that are similar is purely coincidental.

Thanks for reading.