Fighting Fire

go ahead and break my heart

We were happy together or that’s what I thought anyways. I had met him when I was working at my previous job. He had been my best friend for years & my other half. He was there for me when I almost killed myself one Tuesday in June.

Nothing was going my way at all, and I was just over my life. My parents were constantly up my ass for money. My friends all ditched me because I wasn’t good enough. So what was there to live for?

It was 2:30 in the afternoon and no one was home. The pills sat on the counter in the bathroom and I was contemplating on what to do. But in the end, I decided to take the pills. If only I took them sooner then maybe my suicide would’ve been a success.
"I can't do this anymore." I whispered quietly. The pills were sitting on the sink waiting for me to take them & to get this over with as soon as possible.

"But why? What made you get to this point?" He asked.

"There's nothing here for me anymore. My parents are money needing whores, My friends all ditched me and you're just always at work." I said.

"Well, then I'll try to be here for you as often as I can. I'll cut back my hours at work if that will make you happy." He said.

"Promise?" I asked.

"I promise." He said.