Status: Will try to update frequently :D Please take a moment to comment when you can

Destroying Fate

Finally Meeting

“So you’re Angela.” The tall boy with shaggy brown hair and the most mesmerizing brown eyes spoke from across the table. She nervously toyed with her hair in her fingers, sliding her hand down and caressed the menu lightly.

“As a matter of fact I am.” She laughed meeting her eyes with his and seeing a soft red blush form onto his face when she smiled. He reached across the table taking her hand in his; feeling the warmth of her palms.

“I’m Joel, and you’re just a pretty as I imagined.” He said giving her a clue that he had been able to see what she seen and hear her thoughts for the past few years. She seemed perplexed at this but immediately caught on to what he was hinting at, she then knew that it had been him all along and pulled up the short sleeve on her dress revealing the mark.

He grinned and instantly did the same, which made both of their marks, shine a bright gold colour. Just then the waiter came along and asked if they were ready to order, Joel browsed the menu for a moment longer before deciding on a steak and potatoes meal and Angela ordered chicken fingers and a side salad.

“Great, I’ll have that right up for you!” The waiter smiled taking the menus out of their hands and slipping them a small envelope in its place. Both Angela and Joel glanced at the silver envelope in confusion before they both reached for it at the same time; Joel picked it up and slowly opened it as carefully as he could.

“What does it say?” Angela asked feeling worry develop inside of her chest; watching Joel read the letter with wide eyes.

“Dear Angela and Joel,” The letter started which worried Andrea more seeing as it was specifically addressed to both her and Joel. “We have been watching you both, we know about the match being made. If it doesn’t end, you both will be forced to face a trial. After today we expect this to have ended, and we will know if it doesn’t.” He looked up at her with scared eyes and read through the letter one more time, just to make sure he read it all correctly.

“Shit.” Angela said, which made Joel laugh a little hearing her swear in person.

“You aren’t supposed to laugh.” She insisted smirking slightly herself.

“We weren’t supposed to meet until after we both turned 20, we meddled with fate…” Joel said coming to the realization of what they had done. “All these years, we were bound to meet eventually seeing as how; we’re connected.”

“What are we going to do? I can’t just shut you out?” Angela protested feeling a tightness form in her throat. Joel reached across the table and held her hand tightly, he breathed in a deep sigh before letting it out.

“Let’s not worry about that for the moment, we are here; together. Let’s enjoy this night and we’ll deal with everything else some other time.” She smiled agreeing with him and they started discussing their lives while they waited for the food to arrive.

After a few minutes the waiter came back with their meals and placed them on the table in front of them, both Angela and Joel where starving so they dove right in without uttering a word to each other.

After the meal Joel had insisted they take a walk along the beach with each other, which was perfectly okay with Angela. It was an awkward silence for some time until Joel cleared his throat at the same time Angela had started to say something.

“What are we going to do?” She had asked again knowing that just ignoring the situation wasn’t going to work out for them. She grabbed a rock from beneath the sand and threw it into the water watching it skip along the waves. Joel smiled at this, watching her was like seeing his favorite movie for the first time, or being told the greatest news ever. He had only officially met her a few hours ago, but truly he had known her forever.

“We get ice cream!” Joel laughed once again avoiding the topic entirely. Angela shook her head at him but agreed and followed him up to the ice cream stand where he ordered two Oreo ice cream cones for the both of them.

“How did you know?” She joked knowing exactly how he knew her favorite ice cream, Joel just smiled in response and handed her the ice cream cone. He pointed at a bench which wasn’t too far off and they both sat down and enjoyed the rest of the evening.

Finally the night was over and Joel walked Angela to her car, once arriving she leaned in for a hug and he held her as tight as he could whispering in her ear the promise of seeing her again very soon. Angela finally pulled away after some time and jumped into her car, before pulling out of the parking lot she turned and waved at Joel hoping that this would not be the last time they would ever see each other.