Soleil

one/one

Oh Soleil, my beautiful Soleil, how I love you so.

Your warmth sang love songs to the weak. Your blinding glow brought life where all else was dead. Your fire brought men and women weeping at their knees, chanting, "Soleil! Soleil!" since the beginning of time.

They always said Soleil was the beauty that ravaged the universe, an enigma that brought life to everything she touched. They worshipped you, they loved you. Their faith in you never wavered, never faded, no matter how lethal your love was for them.

I sought your heart, I needed your embrace. Father warned me, "Don't fly too close to her," but how could I obey? You are everything to me, Soleil. I wanted nothing more than to be close to you, than to be the one that you loved the most.

I flew for you, I soared for you, I saw you.

The stories, the legends, it was an addiction feeding on those whose hearts feigned bigger than they were. It was a trap, like a fly caught in a spiderweb, waiting to be devoured.

My heart swelled, my heart yearned, my heart faded.

You weren't just a beauty, an enigma, you were a monster. A beautiful monster.

My lungs weak, my eyes low, my mind black.

Oh Soleil, my beautiful Soleil, how I still love you so.
♠ ♠ ♠
sigh.