Renegade [Zach Mitchell]

THREE;;

THE PLANE RIDE WAS uncomfortable and irritating for everyone. Perhaps it was Kenna who suffered the most, but she headed it was Gray who had to sit through it all, Zach's pleading and Kenna's sarcastic replies. But soon, they were off the plane and on a Coasta Rican dock, waiting to board the ferry for Isla Nublar.

There were hundreds of tourists amongst them and Kenna had to clutch onto Gray's hand in order not to lose him. "How big is the island?" Gray questioned, bewildered as they walked up the ramps with the Jurassic World logos on them, along with the bold printed words ISLA NUBLAR in the same font.

"Big," Zach said absently, as usual, and Kenna frowned. She wanted to intercept, but she knew it wasn't her business. Some things she simply couldn't try to save. Her friendship with Zach was probably one of them.

"But how many pounds?" The question struck Kenna and Zach as odd, but only Zach commented.

"That doesn't make any sense." He infirmed his brother after a moment of pausing, as he continued to lead his brother and his ex–bestfriend onto the ferry. Soon, the ferry sailed across the water and Kenna, Gray and Zach stood at the rail.

"When they first opened, gheybhad eight species. Now they have fourteen herbivores and six carnivores. That's like fifty tons of food a week." Gray ranted, a huge smile on his face.

"You really know your stuff, don't you?" Kenna asked rhetorically. She turned to look at Zach, but he wasn't paying attention—instead, he was grinning towards some teenage girls on the lower deck. With a sigh, Kenna remembered that this wasn't the same Zach Mitchell that she had known for years. It was he that changed.

Once they debarked the ship the ship with the rest if the passengers, the dock seemed more full here than when they were still in Costa Rica. A park announcer speaks over all the chatter. "Welcome to Island Nublar, home of the Jurassic World. We hope you have a safe and enjoyable stay with us."

Kenna carried her bag loosely on both shoulders, a contrast to Gray; who had his bag strapped tightly to his chest. And Zach who only wore it on one shoulder, the announcer repeated her words in another language, Kenna, Gray and Zach had all spotted a women.

She was wearing black sunglasses and looked rather bored. But the thing that caught their attention had to do with the sign she was holding up. ZACH and GRAY MITCHELL, KENNA HOLFORT was written on a Samsung tab.

"Where's aunt Claire?" Gray inquired. Kenna turned her face slightly and saw him looking confused, whereas Zach simply looked disappointed.

"Come on," Kenna smiled, attempting to cheer the two brothers up. "I'm sure your Aunt is just so cool that's she's a little busy. Who knows, maybe we're having some fancy escort." Kenna suggested, and they all moved towards the women.

After short instructions, they boarded the monorail system. Probably purposefully, Gray sat next to Zara (the women with the sign, and who supposedly Claire's assistant.) So Zach and Kenna were forced together. As the two sat down, Kenna realized she was wearing the exact same pair of converse as Zach.

It was one of those cheesy best friend things they agreed on years ago, which explains the ruggedness of the shoes. But Zach and Kenna always like worn out converse far better than the new ones. Zach noticed Kenna observing the matching shoes, and smiled to himself as he listened to music and looked out the window.

A mirthful Gray grinned and elbowed Zach repeatedly, but he didn't reply as he continued to look out the window. Little did Kenna know, Zach was carefully observing her in the reflection of the window.

"Okay, for those of you in the frotn of the train should be able to see out main gate, built from the gate of the original park; over twenty years ago." The monorail announcer spoke up as Gray leapt up, pushing his way towards the front of the train as it approached the main entrance to the Jurassic World Park. The doors opened, allowing the train to pass through and Kenna sighed.

Gray rushed out of the train once it stopped and sprinted through the crowd. He gawked at everything around him as a glum Zach followed him, Kenna a little way in front of him and Zara behind him. "Your Aunts arranged to meet you at one o'clock." Zara informed Zach before looking up. "Can he slow down?" She asked hopefully.

"Nope." Kenna and Zach said in unison.

"If it sets your teeth on edge, there's a tip:" Kenna continued. "Therapy is expensive, popping bubble wrap is cheap. You choose." Her comment made Zach grin as she sped up her footsteps, jumping next to Gray on a nearby escalator.

"Come on!" Gray shouted at his brother and their new tour guide for the time being. Kenna laughed at the look on Zara's face at her comment, and Zach seemed to have the same expression as Kenna. Once they made their way to the hotel, Zara lead them to their rooms.

It was lavish and modern, Kenna could tell after she entered after the boys. "Your Aunt's got you VIP access." Zara spoke, it was an exciting sentence, yet she managed to make it sound extremely boring. "So, you can get on all the rides without waiting in line." She opened a a cardboard box from the table and inspected what was inside.

"Let's go!" Gray urged, eagerly throwing his bag down. Zach, who was once again on his phone, decided to gpop down on the bed instead.

"Dude, she said we have to wait." He reminded his younger brother.

But Gray wasn't having it. "I don't wanna wait anymore!" Gray retorted, running to the doors leading to the balcony and opening them. It revealed the park and Kenna stopped what she was doing to let her eyes roam the gigantic park.

Right ahead of them, was a water source know as Mosasaur Lagoon, underneath the monorail and luxurious palm trees lined many of the areas. There were pools to swim in around the hotel, although Kenna couldn't imagine wanting to stay in the hotel. And there were mountains and hills where Gray had no doubt was the beginning to the home of hundreds of dinosaurs.  It really was incredible. "Excuse me, Zara?"

Zara glanced over at Kenna reluctantly; she wasn't really her biggest fan after that comment from earlier. "Yes Clara?"

"It's Kenna," It wasn't Kenna who corrected Zara—it was Zach. "It's short for Kendra, I'm case you forgot. You just take out the D and R."

"I'm sorry." Zara apologized, sounding not at all apologetic.

"It's fine," Kenna insisted, smiling. "I was just wondering where my room was." To this, Zara raised her eyebrows.

"I was sure Miss Dearing mentioned you being friends with her eldest nephew." Zara recalled. "She said you wouldn't mind staying with him." Jenna's eyes widened again, but this time not in amazement.

"S—Sharing?" Kenna echoed. Now, Zach also looked up in surprise but Zara was already a phone call  without finishing her conversation.

"Don't worry Kenna," Gray spoke up smiling. "I'm sure Zach wouldn't mind sharing with me. You can have the other bed."

Kenna smiled and walked back outside with Gray. "Welcome to Jurassic World." She breathed out, Gray looking up at her with his big eyes. Kenna laughed, leaning over and hugging him.