Status: Hiatus.

Picturesque

Present

When I was young, my mother told me that a person was only allowed to love one thing in their lifetime, whether it be a person, material object, or just something that they enjoy. To be truthful, I never understood why she told me those words at such a young age, but I had the feeling that it had something to do with my father leaving us when I was a baby.

She had said the words enough for me to fear them though, but she may have been right; I had already learned the hard way a couple of times.

A drink was in my hand as I leaned on the bar, staring down at the photograph in my hands. In the picture was a volleyball team that was preparing for their match on a national stage. They donned their black and orange uniforms, looks of determination on their faces as a frail smile found my lips.

It should have been my team on that court, but we lost to a murder of crows known as Karasuno and never left regionals; I blamed myself mostly because they had lost me as their captain. Five years ago, I suffered a knee injury that put me out for good, but I knew why I was ripped away from the sport I loved...

As I took a drink from my glass, my eyes looked down at one of the boys in the photograph. The look in his dark blue orbs made my heart skip a beat as I chewed at my lip. Those eyes held everything I ever dreamed of, but he had to have been the reason.

I didn't blame him for losing one of the few things I was gifted with though; I was at fault for many reasons due to the risks I was taking while playing.

“Sir, would you like another drink?” The bartender asked me, studying me carefully before I nodded my head and muttered when I snapped out of my trance, “Give me a screwdriver.”

My fingers ran over the blue-eyed boy's face as I shut my eyes and sighed. Everything was perfect in my life until I fell for another.

I had lost the one thing that I loved all because my heart longed for a boy named Kageyama Tobio.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is something completely new for me, and it doesn't help that I'm bad at first chapters.

After working on one story for a little over a year, I'm diving back into another fanfiction, this one being the volleyball anime this time. I have most of the story planned already so hopefully I'll have time in order to work from the first chapter to the next and I hope that you guys will enjoy the story.

Also, do pay attention to the chapter titles; they will guide you when it comes to whether each chapter is in the past or the present because I will be switching between the two quite often.

I hope you all enjoy the story and please stay tuned to what I have next.

Comment/Subscribe/Enjoy!

Lady Phantomhive