Status: Hiatus.

Picturesque

Present

Walking towards the bar my friends were currently hanging out at, I pushed my glasses further up my nose. After leaving Okaasan's house, I came home and ate something small before changing. I had picked my actual glasses over my contacts for no reason, but I was beginning to regret it.

“Oikawa!” Was the first thing I heard over the club's music and I glanced over, catching sight of a black-haired male with constant bedhead. At the very least, he could have waited until I had gotten my drink before drawing my attention, but I smiled anyways, walking over to him.

“What kind of chaos have you been causing today, Kuroo?” I asked, glancing over at the empty booth, a stack of glasses sitting on the table. I knew that Kuroo couldn't have been the only person here, but before I could ask who it was, I heard someone shout, “Is this who you were talking about, Kuroo? Oikawa? From the way you were boasting, I thought it was actually someone import--”

“Koutarou,” A quiet, almost threatening voice came from beside Bokuto before my eyes locked with his boyfriend, Akaashi. The dark-haired male nodded his head before saying, “It's nice to see you, Oikawa-san.”

Bokuto's face was red as he glanced over at the man standing next to him as I covered my mouth, trying to hide my chuckles. I slid into the seat next to Kuroo, taking his drink and taking a long sip out of it. The alcohol made my throat burn and I choked slightly as I heard Kuroo chuckle, “For someone who is a borderline alcoholic, I will never get over the moment where you always make that face during the first drink.”

“Shut up,” I muttered, throwing the rest of it back before placing it on the stack. I leaned against my arm as I pulled out my phone, looking at the time before Akaashi asked if I wanted another drink. I nodded my head, quickly giving him a couple of bills before watching as he wandered off to the bar.

“God, he's so attractive when he's terrifying,” Bokuto sighed, watching the boy walk away before moving his gaze to me, “Do you plan on getting drunk tonight, because if so, then we're having a contest.”

I raised my eyebrows, asking, “A drinking contest or something else?”

“A little bit of both,” The male replied, running his fingers through his spiky hair. Kuroo chuckled behind his hand before my eyes darted between the duo.

“We're already halfway there, but we'll wait for you to catch up. The contest basically is to see if you can get someone's phone number while shitfaced,” Kuroo grinned, “Of course, since we're single, we can attempted to take them home if we get that far, but the minimum is the phone number.”

“And what happens to the two that lose?” I asked, looking for Akaashi as I spotted him still standing by the bar.

“Losers have to do whatever the winner says,” Bokuto replied and Kuroo wiggled his eyebrows before I rolled my eyes, saying, “You're on.”

“What, really?” The duo asked at the same time and I nodded my head, taking a drink from the glass Akaashi handed to me before Kuroo said, “Do you still think you have that charm? I mean, we've known each other since our freshmen year of college and the last time I saw you try to get someone into your bed was during some party a few years ago.”

“Did it work?” Bokuto asked before Akaashi slapped him on the arm for being too curious before Kuroo rubbed the back of his neck.

“Well, we were both drunk and...”

“He bottomed,” I said, not glancing up from my drink as I could feel Kuroo's glare.

“Haha! The only straight guy out of our group of friends took it up the ass from Oikawa of all people!” Bokuto cackled, putting his head down before slapping the table. He gasped for air, trying to catch his breath before snorting and I smirked.

The mostly silent male of our group sighed, saying, “Well, it seems like Oikawa-san has an advantage over you two. If he can woo Kuroo, then he can woo anyone, drunk or not.”

Bokuto and Kuroo became very silent before I finished off my drink, taking the next that was slid over to me.

“Then it's a contest,” Kuroo said and I grinned.

“Good luck, boys.”

Image

I could hear Bokuto snoring from across the table as I finished my last drink. Kuroo had wandered off to talk with a pretty blonde girl wearing glasses a little over twenty minutes ago and I knew that it was finally my time to shine.

Slowly, I made my way out of the booth, looking at Akaashi before saying, “I'm gonna win.” My words were slurred an I wandered over to the dance floor, looking across the faces, trying to find a person standing on their own before my eyes locked on a boy with brown hair, his back to me.

A smirk spread across my face as I lightly tapped him on the shoulder, almost taking a step back when I saw his stunning blue eyes. They threw me off track as he looked me up and down and he gave me a smile, asking, “What can I do for you, darling?”

His accent was strong as he spoke and my brain finally process that he was a foreigner. I just stared at him for a long moment, trying to figure out what I was going to say before blurting out, “You're hot.”

The words rolled off my tongue at their own accord as my face turned red, eyes lost in the deep blue of his orbs. He chuckled softly, throwing back the last of his drink before sitting it down on a nearby table, asking, “What's your name?”

Typically, this was the point where I'd make a cocky reply about how names didn't matter, but I couldn't even think straight. Instead, I grinned like an idiot before saying, “Oikawa Tooru at your service.” I bowed slightly and I heard the man snort before saying, “Keith Nikola.”

I leaned towards him, muttering, “How about I buy you a drink, Keith? Or, if you'd rather, how about we cut to the chase and head back to my place?”

I winked as a shocked look filled the boy's blue eyes as he stuttered, “Uh, no thanks. I don't sleep with people heavily under the influence and I--”

“Babe,” I heard a voice say as someone placed his hand on Keith's shoulder before his eyes cut over to me and snapped, “You're that photographer! What are you doing gawking at my boyfriend?”

The newcomer looked furious and I got one last long look at the other male's eyes, thinking of someone who shouldn't be on my mind before turning away. I only slept with men who shared the same trait and I grit my teeth, heading out of the bar without another word. Even if I wanted to, I could never get him out of my mind.

“Goddammit, just go away,” I muttered, shoving my hands in my pockets and deciding that it would be better to take the long way home to clear my head.

I really needed to get my drunken self in check before I caused anymore trouble, even if it seemed like it was impossible.
♠ ♠ ♠
You would think that Oikawa's “charm” would work on anyone, but Keith's a good guy and won't sleep with people who can't consent. Besides, I don't think the charm works when you've had more drinks than you can count on your fingers; Oikawa, get yourself in check, you're twenty-three for goodness sakes.

I tried to make this chapter kind of comedic, but I feel like that didn't work so well for me. I thoughts my jokes were funny, but you guys probably have a totally different opinion. All I could think of was a drinking contest between those three idiots (I use this in a affectionate way), Kuroo being straight (though look at that girl's description closely), and Bokuto falling asleep even though he's so determined to win.

Sadly, this is all I could come up in my three week absence, but I'm hoping that you guys will enjoy the next past chapter as we're finally going to reach the one thing I've been waiting for finally... That's a surprise though. In my plans, I only have four chapters left, but so much material left to cover. I'm hoping I don't fail you guys though because I've been working so much on this.

On my plate I have two cowrites to update though so I have no idea when I'm going to grace your presences one again (hopefully soon) so as always,

Comment/Subscribe/Enjoy!

Lady Phantomhive