Sequel: *** Destroyer

*** Dock

pray for me

Hallie wasn’t anything special to look at. For one, she was a girl. And I thought I was as gay as they came.

Apparently though when your dick gets hard at the sight of your (female) best friend sucking on a popsicle at the Dick Dock, and there’s this nervous sinking feeling at the pit of your stomach when she goes on about the last guy she fucked here, and even when she puts her arm around you when you’ve brought her favourite snack (red velvet cupcakes) and you’re grinning like a fucking Cheshire cat for no clear reason, that also may be an indicator that hey, you weren’t as gay as you thought you were.

I thought Hallie wasn’t anything special at first - besides being my best friend. But as it turns out, she’s more than that. I’m like, 98% sure she’s the love of my life and I have no idea how the fuck I’m going to tell her this, let alone tell her that I’m probably only half gay now.

Gods of the Dick Dock, please pray for me.

“Is there a reason you’re so quiet?” Hallie asks, sucking on that damn popsicle at the Dick Dock in her usual get up, a bikini and some overalls and an innocent smile that I know isn’t innocent. I know that her and Roger came here an hour prior so he could go down on her “like a motherfucking pro”. I want to tell Roger to fuck off, but I can’t because I’m supposed to be fully gay. “How’s Cassie?”

Cassie’s my mum. She’s also got cancer. It sucks. “She’s doing alright,” I say, finishing the last of my orange flavoured popsicle. “‘M gonna go visit her later.”

We’re gonna go visit her later,” Hallie corrects me and all I can do is smile because ugh, despite my growing attraction to her she’s a top pal. Number one. Best I ever had.

“Liam,” her voice grows serious and I realise I’m still smiling at her in that dopey way of mine. “Why are you smiling like that?”

“Does it bother you?”

She shakes her head. “It looks like the look guys give me before they kiss me, you know, the one of adoration and lust and….Li-” Her words are cut off by my lips on hers. I’m not sure what has possessed me to do it, either because I know she’s right or well, her lips looked like something I wanted to kiss. So I did.

We are at the Dick Dock after all. I named it the Dick Dock because that’s where Hallie gets the most dick. And if she wants, she’s about to get mine.

“Liam,” she says once we pull away. The look on her face is one of surprise and bewilderment. “I thought you were gay!”

I chuckle. “So did I, but apparently when I get hard at the things you do or I get really fucking smiley and shit when we hang, it can also mean I’m attracted to you too.”

She shakes her head disbelievingly. “Do you mean to tell me that I turned you straight?”

I snort. “I’m like 52% gay and 48% wanting you. It could go higher.”

“Depending on?”

“What you’re willing to give, if anything.”

Hallie gives me a long look. “You know,” she says finally. “I always had a little hope that you would feel something for me but I pushed it away because I thought you were a fan of the dick only.”

My heart lifts. “Are you trying to say that you have a crush on a formerly 100% gay man?”

“Don’t make me say it, Liam.”

“Show me instead then, Hallie.”

And when she kisses me, I know that whatever thoughts I had about being more than 52% gay have flown out the window.
♠ ♠ ♠
if you're wondering what this is dw i got no clue either