Not a Dream

Unknown

There wasn't much talking going on tonight at the Den. The place was usually full of supernatural talking and messing with eachother, but tonight there was a hushed silence that made the room feel heavy.

I sat in the corner sipping a drink watching the reason why everyone was silent. Two dragons had walked in and took a seat in front of the poor fey bartender. You could tell right away that they where dragons. They where tall with sharp features. They didn't fully shift into they human form. They're fingures where tipped with sharp claws, they're ears where slightly pointed and small paches of scales cast light around the room.

They didn't try to hide they're power that was basicly choking the weaker creatures in the room. The poor fey that looked like a child next to the two was trembling her bright green eyes side with fear. I sighed finishing my drink and standing up.

I walked behind the bar and out my hand on the poor feys shoulder.

"Why don't I take over for a while?" I smiled at her. The whole room seemed to sigh with her.

"Thanks Silv." She said and made a quick retreat to the back room.

"Well can I get you two anything?" I asked. I wasn't as tall as a make Dragon but I was tall enough where I didn't have to look so far up to meet they're gaze.

"What do you recommend or do you have anything that will faze us?" Now that I got a closer look I could tell they where from weaker clans. Probably from the forest or river clans.

"Let me see if I got something for dragons." I said pulling my hair up. They seemed to freeze for a second before taking a seat. I quickly made them the same drink I had. The owner liked to call it hellfire because most creatures got wasted on just one. It was just a small shot but it was enough.

I set the shots in front of the two and they looked at me.

"Just try it. You will like it." I smiled. They shook they're heads and took the drinks in one quick go. I smiled, it would take seconds to efect them.

"Damn woman that was good." One smiled at me.

"Good now can I ask if you two would tone it down a little, most creatures here are not strong enough to handle it." I smiled. The pressure in the room went away and the creatures relaxed.

"What was that you have us?"

"The owner calls it hellfire." I said while making myself one. My back was to the dragons when Blare came out of the back.

"Thanks." She smiled at me. She went to work giving the other costumers drinks. I smiled tapped the side of the drink I was making and white silver flames licked the surface. I took the drink and quickly threw it back.

"Your working shouldn't you not drink?" One of the dragons asked.

"I don't work here, I just help out sometimes." I said leaning against the counter. They looked me over for a second. They where young probably not even over 100 yet.

The door swing open and a young vampire walked in. He was on the shorter side and had his short black hair spiked. He flashed me a big smile and sat down next to the dragons.

"Silver haven't seen you in a while." He said ignoring the dragons.

"Hey Jack." I flashed him a smile. One of the dragons growled but Jack ignored it.

"We where in the middle of talking with her." One of them growled.

"I thought you didn't like dragons." Jack said.

"I don't but Blare was to scared to serve them."

"Hate dragons?" One asked.

"Its personal." I said meeting they're eyes.

"What have dragons done to you that make you hate us." I meet the ones eyes and let all my hatred for them show.

"They killed my family. Most dragons are greedy and power hungery." I said.

"Poor Silver having to deal with dragons."

"Its fine." I said flashing Jack a smile. He winked at me and gave me a smile in return. He was one of the few that actually wasn't scared to talk with me. Sure some would say go to me but never sit down and talk. They where unsure of what I was. I've helped kick out some of the strongest creatures without a struggle so they where sure to leave me alone.

"Hey Blare I have to head out soon do you have eveything handled?" I asked.

"I've got it. Thanks for your help Silver."

"Ok I'll see you soon." I smiled at her.

"See you later Jack." I said in my way out and he waved.

<♤>

The two dragons for up to folow and I put my hand out to stop them.

"Its best not to push her. Silver is not one to mess with." I said looking up at them.

"We are dragons. We will be fine." One growled. I sighed.

"Silver has taken care of dragons here before. She is not a creature to piss off."

"What creature can take care of us dragons."

"A god." Blare said.

"Gods never come to this plain."

"That is the only thing we can come up with. She is some goddess messing with us. She helps us out but we all need to be on our toes around her. I am warning you not to mess with her. You saw the hate in her eyes. She is a being that you would not be able to handle." The dragons watched me a second before they slumped back into they're seats.

"Thank you." Blare said relaxing a little. It was true I've known Silver even before I became a vampire and she was always nice to me but she is the unknown. And the unknown is what everyone is scared of.