Status: Brand new and in progress!

Rockstar Charm

Two

**One day earlier**

"I swear after this one I'm taking a vacation," I sighed to my friend Darcy as we finished packing our suitcases for yet another leg of touring. We've only been home for two weeks when our boss Chris called us out for a six month tour. We're roadies, meaning we set up equipment and do the sounds and tuning for different bands and artists. We have been touring non stop for the last two years, but after a lot of begging and bribing Chris talked us into taking this last gig. I especially didn't want to say no because I need the money so that I can get a place of my own. I've been crashing with Darcy off and on over the last couple of years but now I feel like it's time to get a place of my own that I can call home. It's been too long since I've had one of those.

"Well the money will be worth it. Plus that means I get six more months with you as my roommate!" Darcy said happily, nudging me slightly.

"It's not like I'm moving across the state, I plan on sticking around Huntington Beach I will just have my own place," I said feeling slightly guilty for moving out on her but she has a serious relationship with a guy we work with named Brian and he will be moving in her place soon after the tour is over. She has assured me numerous times that I won't be a burden or in the way and that there is plenty of space in her three bedroom house but honestly it's just time for me to be on my own.

I'm twenty three years old and have never lived alone or had my own home. Actually I've never had a stable place to live my entire life. My mother left my father and I when I was an infant, and with my father being a high ranking officer in the Marines we moved constantly. I adjusted pretty easily but I always longed for a real home and promised myself that one day I would make that happen for myself.

"Well you better stay close or I will have a come apart!" Darcy joked even though I know her well enough to know she's completely serious.

"I promise Darce, and when we get back you can help me house hunt!" I told my best friend of three years excitedly. We finished up the last minute things we needed to take care of before leaving for so long then loaded everything up in my black Chevy Tahoe. I may not have owned much but my truck was my baby I worked my ass off to save up to buy it, I was very proud of it.

"So who is the band we're working with? Did Chris happen to mention it?" I asked as I drove us to the shop where we meet up with everyone and load up on the bus.

"Yeah, he did but you're not going to be happy about it," she answered giving me a sympathetic look. I groaned audibly. Darcy knows how I feel about rock stars and their egos.

"Lay it on me," I sighed.

"Kings of Chaos," she mumbled hesitantly.

"Oh come ON!" I exclaimed. Kings of Chaos is a very well known and popular rock/metal band made up of six men who founded in the Los Angeles area. They've been in the scene since before I became a roadie when I was eighteen. They're the perfect example of why I don't like guys like them. Sex, drugs, and rock and roll are the only languages they speak. It's true I haven't met them personally but the media is very fond of keeping track of their doings not to mention my job kind of comes with the perks of knowing things about bands on a more personal level. I've heard they're a bit of a handful so you can imagine the lack of enthusiasm I was feeling at the moment.

"It won't be that bad Aria, you don't even know these guys they might turn out to be really great guys. Maybe they're single..." she trailed but I immediately threw my hand up to stop her.

"Don't EVEN think about it Darcy, you know I'm not down for any egotistical rock star womanizer," I grumbled suddenly feeling irritated. I heard her sigh in defeat and the truck fell silent for the remainder of the ride.

Roughly thirty minutes later we were at the shop and met up with our co workers and Chris. It didn't take long for everyone to get loaded up and ready to go.

"I take it you found out who we're working for judging by the scowl on your face," Chris chuckled as we began the drive to the next city where we would kick off the tour.

"Hmph," I puffed answering his question. He was also aware of my morals.

It didn't take long to get to the venue. Once we were there everyone got settled in and began setting up for the show. Darcy, her boyfriend Brian, and myself sat around to kill some time. Only a moment later did Chris walk up to us with an excited expression.

"Okay guys the band is here so let's go meet them, and Aria please be nice," He said with a playful expression. Brian and Darcy snickered at my less than pleased glare I gave Chris as we began the walk into the venue to meet the band.

I hope for once that I am wrong so the next six months aren't hell!
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy!