Status: Brand new and in progress!

Rockstar Charm

Chapter Three

Rumors were true when they said Kings of Khaos put on a hell of a live show. Despite my distaste for their lead singer, I had to admit they gave the fans their money's worth. The show had ended hours before and while everyone was breaking everything down Darcy and I were putting up the sound tables and making casual conversation about the events of today. I was asking her what she and Brian were going to do with my old room when I noticed she wasn't listening to me anymore but was staring behind me.

"Hello, earth to Darcy," I said waving my hand in front of her.

"He's coming over here," she said to me.

"Who?" I questioned and turned around to see what she was talking about. I groaned audibly when I saw Matt walking over with a dimpled smile plastered on his face.

"Be nice," Darcy warned as I felt his tall shadow cast behind me.

"Hello ladies, enjoy the show?" Matt asked happily.

"Yeah we did, you guys did not disappoint," Darcy answered politely.

"Thanks. Hey Aria, can I talk to you for a second?" he asked as he nodded his head signaling me to follow him.

"Um sure," I replied as a feeling of dread settled in my stomach. "What's up?" I asked as I folded my arms across my chest, sensing that was where his eyes were lingering.

"I wanted to ask you if you wanted to have dinner with me tonight. I'm sure you'll say yes but I wanted to be polite," he said with an arrogant smirk. I stood there stunned for a moment. I knew he was cocky but his bluntness caught me off guard.

What the hell?

"Sorry to burst your bubble but I will have to decline your offer," I spat disgusted with his attitude and how he assumed I would say yes to him. His arrogance melted away into confusion.

"Why?" he asked surprised.

Did he really just ask me that?

"Well contrary to your assumption I am not interested," I replied with great annoyance. He didn't seem embarrassed at all that I had turned him down. He looked genuinely confused. He stood there eyeing me, obviously contemplating his next move. Finally after several minutes of staring each other down that cocky smirk resurfaced. He leaned down towards me, our obvious height difference made me feel like a small child. His striking hazel eyes pierced into mine with a challenge.

"This is going to be a lot of fun," he spoke before winking at me and walking away. This time it was me who was confused and left with a sinking feeling that I may have just waged a war that I didn't volunteer to fight.

Fuck.
************************

Later that night everyone got together at a local bar to celebrate the kickoff of the tour. So far it has been a night full of drinks and laughs, it was going really great. I filled Darcy in on my conversation with Matt earlier. She agreed that he definitely has something up his sleeve for me but that I shouldn't fight it but give it a chance. I say hell no! I know what a guy like him is interested in and I'm not going to be another notch in his bedpost.

I must say although I had a dislike for Matt I was pleased to find that his band mates weren't nearly as cocky and egotistical as he is and that made it so much easier to get to know them better. Here is a breakdown of who these guys are:
Matt Sanders, singer, thirty years old. Currently single (which he made sure to emphasize) no kids and grew up in LA.
Corey Walsh, twenty-seven years old, drummer. He has a wife named Jessica and they're from LA.
Lance Baird, rhythm, twenty-eight years old. He has a girlfriend named Kassie and they have a set of adorable twin daughters. Also from LA.
Shawn Price, lead, twenty-nine years old. Typical bachelor and prankster. Also from LA.
Maddux Trent, bass, twenty-two years old. He has a wife named Leslie and they have one son together. He said he's originally from Long Beach but moved to LA with his parents when he was a kid. I found Maddux particularly interesting because not only do we have very similar personalities we also have similar physical features. Both of us have dark hair, tan skin, and nearly the exact same green eye color. This was actually our current topic of conversation.

"It's almost uncanny though really, the two of you could pass for relatives!" Corey exclaimed as he looked between Maddux and I.

"Well they say everyone has a twin, I guess you're mine," Maddux joked to me. I found all of this amusing of course."

"I guess so," I laughed. Although I know it's just a coincidence it still seemed to leave me feeling curious about him. Is it possible that we are related? It's true that I don't know my mother or anything about her family. What kind of chance is it that fate would have it I find out about some long lost relative on tour with one of the most famous rockstars in the world right now?

Slim to none I would guess.

Soon after that conversation ended everyone made small talk and eventually a few different conversations took place among our group. I kept this eerie feeling of being watched and every time I would look around I'd notice Matt staring intently at me as he sipped his Jack and coke. I didn't like the way he was staring almost right through me. What is it with this guy? It's a shame really that someone as drop dead gorgeous as he was had to be such a pig.

I can't believe I just admitted he was hot. I think it's time to lay off the rum for the night.

"Well I think I'm going to call it a night," I said to everyone as I downed what was left of my drink. A few others agreed with me including Darcy and Brian who stood up with me. I hadn't realized how much I had to drink until I felt my body sway slightly. I thought I was going to fall but was suddenly caught by a pair of strong tattooed arms.

"You alright?" Matt asked as he looked down at me with that arrogant smirk. I rolled my eyes and carefully stood myself up straighter in an effort to put some distance between us.

"I'm fine thanks," I said quietly as everyone began to leave.

"You smell amazing by the way," he added in my ear. I glared at him as he shot a wink at me before he followed his band mates outside.

"If you glare any harder at him he might burst into flames," Darcy laughed as she waited for Brian to bring our van around.

"That's what I was hoping for," I spat.

This definitely means war.