Status: In Progress

A Black Cat Crossing Your Path

Peter Parker's Blunder of The Year

Peter swung and landed gracefully on the roof of the garage belonging to the empty on sale house at the far end of his street. Considering that the house had been up for sale for almost a year and a half without being bought, Peter had used it as a safe space to change from his Spider-Man get up and walk home after nights of fighting crooks in the city. He hadn't used it in a good few months as it had been too cold to stick around during the winter so he usually just headed straight home, making sure to be extra quiet. He perched on the ledge of the window and checked the time. 1:17am. He would have approximately 5 hours sleep before he had to drag himself out of bed for another day in hell A.K.A Midtown High.

Inside, Felicia woke with a start. Her glowing green Black Cat eyes which appeared when she felt a threat reflected in her plastic alarm clock. She crept out of bed, trying to figure out where the unusual noise was coming from, but before she knew it, she heard the small click of her window unlocking and its was pushed open. Before she could get a good look at the impostor, she threw a right hand jab and the figure fell to the floor.

Peter was blinded with pain at the sudden blow to his temple and came around again when a light was switched on. "What ..the.. hell...lady." he struggled to regain balance after being caught off guard so badly. A person stood over him, a feminine bare foot pinned him down by the chest. His vision restored he looked at the face and had to bite his lip to stop himself from saying her name.

"Why are you in my home?" Felicia questioned.

"Ah, um.." Spider-Man struggled to string words together. Too late, she bent down, one knee on his chest and slapped his masked face.

"I asked you a god damn question. Who are you and why are you in my home?" she said through gritted teeth.

"Did Momma ever tell you not to speak to strangers?" he said.

"Did Momma ever tell you not to break into people's houses?" she retorted.

"I'm afraid I was a reckless child." he said, before grabbing her by the arms and hauling her away from him. "Very morally ambivalent." hopping out the window briskly. He webbed his way to his own window and entered. He collapsed on his bed once removing his suit, still trying to process what had just occurred, he ran his hand through his messy hair.

'I just assaulted Flash Thomson's girlfriend.'

He sat bolt upright in his bed in a cold sweat.

"Shit!"