Perfect

Chapter 1

Emma was leaning against the cool wall of the venue, right next to the back entrance. As much as she loves that her brother stepped up and took her in when their parents died and loves touring the world with his band, sometimes it gets lonely and it stresses her out. She lights up a cigarette and feels the stress begin to roll off of her shoulders. She knows she shouldn’t be smoking at 16 but her brother and the rest of his band always have and don’t care that she does. She doesn’t want to be ungrateful for what her brother as his friends has done for her but she just wishes she had someone closer to her age to talk to. Someone who wasn’t her brother's friend as well. Zacky is the only person she feels she can talk to and trust him not to tell her brother Matt, after all, he was the one there through every nightmare she had after her parents died.
There were many nights when, at 13, Emma would climb in through Zacky’s window and into his bed to have him cuddle her throughout the night. He’d always been able to comfort her and she loves him for that. Sometimes she thinks she loves him more than she should, though with him being her brother’s best friend and five years older that her it’s not okay for her to feel that way.
Just then the back door flew open and smashed her in the face, a young boy came running out.
“Ow, what the fuck! Watch what the fuck you are doing!” Emma screamed, blood pouring out of her nose. She looks over at the boy who has created the trauma to her face to see just that, a boy. He couldn’t be much older than her. He was a few inches taller than her 5’6” frame, probably 5’9” 5’10”. He had curly brown hair, though you couldn’t tell that much that it is curly because he had half of it put up into a small ponytail. He stared at her in shock for just a moment and she notices that he had hazel eyes. She always loved hazel eyes. They go great with her yellowish green eyes.
“Oh my god! I’m so sorry. I just needed to get out of there. Shit, your nose, that’s a lot of blood. Is it okay?”” He said in the cutest British accent ever.
“I think it will be fine. It doesn’t hurt that bad and the bleeding seems to be slowing down.” Emma replied.
“Thank God. I’m Harry by the way.” He says holding out his hand to shake Emma’s.
“Emma.” She says, shaking his hand. They both leaning against the wall just where Emma previously was before the nose incident, which now that Emma thinks about it probably isn’t the greatest idea.
“So why did you need to get out of there?” Emma asked after a few minutes of silence.
“Management just gets to me sometimes. They want me to do things I don’t want to do and be someone I’m not and it seriously pisses me off. Publicity shouldn’t matter as much as my feelings.” Harry vents to Emma. “What about you, why are you out here?” He asks.
“Just needed some fresh air. Some stuff’s just getting to me.”
“Oh. So are you in a band or something?”
“No, my brother is the lead singer of the band playing here tonight. Avenged Sevenfold.”
“Oh, that’s cool that you get to tour with him.”
“Yeah, it is, it just gets lonely sometimes. What about you, are you in a band? Well, I assume you are since you’re pissed at your management.”
“Seriously,” Harry said slightly in shock. “You don’t know who I am?”
“No, should I?” Emma said.
“No, not necessarily. It’s just been awhile since there’s been a 16-year-old girl who doesn’t know my face. I’m in the band One Direction.”
“Aren’t they that new shitty boy group that everyone is obsessed with?” Emma asked, not realizing at first how bad that actually sounded. “Shit, I’m sorry. I’m just…how’d you know I was 16?”
“It’s ok,” Harry said through his laughter. “As much as I should be offended, it’s kind of refreshing to meet someone who doesn’t know me. Thanks and you just look around 16, I just turned 17.”
“Well, you’re welcome then. Are you guys in town for the awards show later this week?”
“Yeah we are but we are playing here tomorrow night as well.”
“Cool. Where are you guys staying?” Emma asked.
“At the Metro, I think until Sunday night.”
“That’s awesome so are we.”
Just then, the back door flew open. Thankfully Emma was fast enough to move out of the way this time. Unfortunately moving out of the way meant pressing herself into Harry. They both stared at each other until Zacky’s voice broke their gaze.
“Emma, who the hell is this?” Zacky shouted, causing Emma to look over at him and some other guy she’s never seen before.
“Yeah, Harry, who is this beautiful girl?” The guy asked Harry causing Emma to blush.
“It’s not what it looks like Louis,” Harry said.
“Yeah,” Emma said. “I was just trying to avoid getting hit in the face with the door again and it caused me to kind of jump on top of Harry.”
Zacky just stared at her for a moment. Emma couldn’t read his expression which was odd because she could always read Zack. He shook his head slightly saying, “Whatever, we go on in 7 minutes and your brother is completely freaking because he can’t find you.” Zacky explained to Emma. “So we should get back in there.”
“Harry, you want to come watch the show with me?” Emma asked.
“Harry, you have to go back to the meeting. Paul is losing it because you walked out.” Louis said to Harry.
“Sorry Emma, as much as I would love nothing more than to watch the show with you, I should probably get back before they decide to kick me out or something. Hopefully, we can see each other again sometime this week. You know where I’ll be.” Harry said.
“Yeah, I get that, wouldn’t want you to lose your job. Maybe we will. See ya, Harry.”
“See ya, Emma. It was great meeting you.” Harry said as Louis began dragging him away.
“Come on Emma, 5 minutes until show time,” Zacky said guiding Emma back inside