Salvation

002

Our new house was cute, to say the least. The town was quiet and surprisingly very beautiful.

“So what do you think Bree?” My Dad asked with a huge smile on his face.

“It’s alright, I guess.” I said as I rolled my eyes and I saw the smile on his face fade.

“Will you at least give it a chance?” He said with a sigh.

“Sure.” I said in a sarcastic tone.

I took a deep breath before entering my new home, I don’t know how I would survive here.

“Knock, knock.” My Mom said as she stood at the doorway of my room.

“You can come in.”

“How’s unpacking coming along?” She asked as she sat on the edge of my bed.

“Oh just fine.”

“Why don’t you go out and explore the town?”

“You want me to walk around alone in this place? No thank you.”

“Aubrey, go. Give this place a chance.”

I sighed, “Alright I’m going.”

I left my house in a huff and began my trek. I passed the ‘Mystic Grill’ and a library on my way to the park. I figured the park would be a good place to start my "exploration."

I really couldn’t deny it any longer, Mystic Falls was a pretty town. I just didn’t want to give it the time of day in hopes that we could go back to New York. As I walked through the park I tried to think of what school was going to be like, how the people would react to the ‘new girl’. Next thing I knew my palms were on fire and I was on the ground.

“Ouch.” I muttered to myself.

“I’m so sorry,” A male voice said to me, “Here let me help you.”

I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up. Boy was he gorgeous, he was tall, had brown hair and dazzling forest green eyes.

“Sorry I didn’t mean to bump into you, I was running and just lost focus for a second I guess.” He said with a chuckle.

“Are you alright?” He asked softly.

“Yes, I’m okay." I mumbled, trying not to make any eye contact.

“Stefan Salvatore.” He said extending his hand to shake mine.

“Aubrey, Aubrey Michaels.” I said, shaking his hand.

After a long pause, we finally let go of each other's hands.

“I’ve never seen you around here before, Aubrey.”

“Oh, I just moved here. Today actually.”

“Ah, well welcome to Mystic Falls. I think you’ll like it here.”

“Really?” I said with a raised eyebrow.

“Yes, really. Trust me.”

“How can I trust a guy that I just met?”

“Good point. Just try.” He said with a smile.

“I will.”

“Alright, I’m going to get back to my run. I’ll be seeing you, Aubrey.”

All I could do was nod. He could definitely be the reason I start to like Mystic Falls.

---

“Honey wake up, you’re going to be late for your first day of school.”

First day of school. I already hated today.

I got up and looked for the cutest thing I had in my closet to wear. Who knew picking an outfit would be the hardest part of my day. I wondered if Stefan would be there, I mean he surely looked like a senior in high school. A part of me hoped he would. After all he is the only person I’ve met so far.

“Oh honey, you look adorable!” My Mom said as she put a breakfast plate filled with eggs and bacon in front of me.

“Adorable?” I scoffed, “Great, now I have to change.”

“You know Aubrey, if you lose the negative attitude, our move here would be more enjoyable. You might even find a new friend or two.”

“I had plenty of friends back home, in New York. I don’t plan on staying here long Mother.”

She let out a sigh and didn’t say another word to me. I knew I wasn’t making this move any easier on my mom, she had friends and family she left behind too. I just needed to try and get us back home.

“Bye, I’m headed to school.”

“Have a good first day, I want you to tell me all about it when you get home” My Mom said with a half smile.

“Right.”

Mystic Falls High School. It was a fairly decent size, nothing like my last high school however. I took a deep breath in before entering through the double doors of Mystic High.

New schedule, check. Making it to my first class, check. Well that is if I could find my first class.
I studied my schedule hard, students began to disappear from the hallways.

“Ow.” I found myself on the ground for the second time. Clearly gravity had more of an effect on me here.

“Wasn’t my fault this time!” The same male voice I had heard yesterday said. He reached down and helped me up once again.

“Stefan!”

“Aubrey.” He said with a smile

“Are you alright?” He asked

“Yes, just a bit clumsy.”

He chuckled, “Just a bit.”

We stared at each other for what felt like hours but only lasted minutes before he said something.

“Do you need help getting to your first class? I can walk you.”

I opened my mouth to speak but a girl, quite beautiful actually with brown hair and light brown eyes, about my height, grabbed Stefan's arm.

“Stefan, honey,” As she said that she looked me directly in the eyes, “We have to get to first period.”

“Oh, I was just helping Aubrey here find her first class. She’s new.”

“Hi, I’m Elena. This is Stefan, my boyfriend.”

Boy was she overprotective of him.

“I’m Aubrey, I actually met Stefan yesterday.”

“Oh really?” Her eyes narrowed to Stefan.

“I should get to class, I’m sure I can find my way around. Eventually” I said as I began to walk away.

“Oh no, I’ll show you around Aubrey! We don’t want you getting lost on your first day.” Elena said to me as she wrapped her arm around mine and led me down the hallway. I took a last look at Stefan, all he could give me was a quick smile before he headed to class.

There was something mysterious about Stefan Salvatore. Something that really drew me into him. I wasn’t sure what it was, but I was sure that I was going to find out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really excited about this story! Comment :)