‹ Prequel: I'd Lie
Status: Please comment and let me know your thoughts!

Innocent

Chapter X

Maddie and Nick's Outfits: http://www.polyvore.com/innocent_chapter_ix/set?id=204798923

After I had showered and dressed for the day, it was already eleven in the morning. Nick rushed me into the car, along with Dasher who we left with Kevin and Danielle. We drove for an hour until we reached a beautiful landing.

“Nick, this is beautiful!” I exclaimed as he geared his truck into park.

“Don’t get too excited yet,” Nick added. As soon as his feet hit the ground, he scrambled to the bed of the truck. He emerged to my side with a blanket and basket. Quickly, he ran to the large opening, throwing the blanket down and making it as flat as he could as I took my time getting out of the car. By the time I reached Nick, he had set out the food; chicken fingers, sweet potato fries, grapes, and sweet tea.

“Nicholas, I believe this is the start of a beautiful date,” I proclaimed as I sat on the blanket, crossing my legs.

“Madeline, I believe this is the start of a beautiful marriage,” Nick smiled, kissing me on the top of the head as he sat down himself.

~~

Nick and I sat, eating and talking happily for about two hours.

“Ready to go swimming?” Nick asked.

“Absolutely!” I exclaimed.

After cleaning up the picnic (and Nick changing into swim trunks in the truck), we walked two miles to the swimming hole Kevin and Joe discovered almost ten years ago. The swimming whole was about half a mile in diameter, with a waterfall on the far side. I began to remove my shorts and shirt, revealing my swim suit. Nick’s eyes lit up, a slight smile forming.

“What?” I smiled.

“You’re still extremely beautiful, Madeline,” he said, walking closer to me and placing his hands on my hips. I looked down at his hands. “I’m sorry, this probably isn’t okay yet.” He went to remove his wands, but I stopped him.

“I don’t mind, Nicholas,” I stated, moving closer to him. We smiled at each other. I was ready, ready for his lips to finally reach mine. He brushed a loose hair behind my ear, resting his hand on my cheek when he was finished. I rested my hand on his closing my eyes. Before I knew what was happening, Nick had lifted me off my feet, tossing me into the cold water.

“Nicholas Jerry Jonas!” I exclaimed, swimming to the bank as Nick laughed, jumping in beside me. “Don’t you dare expect to kiss me any time soon now, Jonas!”

“I’m sorry, but I don’t kiss on the first date,” Nick smiled.

“You’re real funny, Jonas.”

~~

It’s been a week since our first date, and I’ve been happier than I have ever been. Nick has been working on new music, and I have been working with pre-school children. Every afternoon, I came home around 5 o’clock, and Nick had dinner waiting for me. He was already acting like the perfect husband.

It was currently the weekend, so I did not have any work today, and Nick made sure I was not spending it alone. He decided he wanted to make chocolate chip cookies, so I supervised, licking the beaters when he was through. As soon as the first batch was done baking and had been cooling for five minutes, I took a cookie, taking a large bite.

“Shit, that’s hot!” I exclaimed, fanning my mouth.

“Well, duh!” Nick laughed.

“It’s not funny! My mouth is burning!”

“Here, let me help,” Nick said, putting his hands on both sides of my face and pressing his lips against mine. I memorized the way his lips moved against mine and the feel of his hands as they moved from my cheeks down to my waist. He pulled away smiling. “Did that help?”

“Absolutely,” I smiled, pulling him back to my lips by his shirt collar. “Forget the cookies. We can just eat the dough.”

“You’re such a bad girl,” he joked, “eating raw cookie dough. I have to say, I like this side of you.”

“Shut up and kiss me.”