Status: Contest again

Queens and Princes of the Seas

02.

While Captain Marie was in her quarters fussing over her maps the merman, she had seen only a few moments ago, was already fifty metres away from the ship, his breath coming in fast pants as he got as far away from the ship and human as he could. The dark haired male knew he had been dancing with danger when he chose to break the surface.

The merman gripped his satchel tightly not wanting to loose it, it held treasures he had found in his recent adventure in the darker parts of the ocean. The parts where sea grass blankets the sand and small fish are scarce. Dark places where sunken ships could always be found, ships that held treasures, sometimes brightly coloured stones, different to a pearl, but just as beautiful and many other trinkets that he kept hidden from his mothers eyes.

“Marius!” a voice called out over the currants which in turn caused the male to turn and see his friend speeding toward him.

“Dewy,” he chuckled moving toward the male. Dewy was Marius best friend, the two had been inseparable since birth, and the two did everything together even if it caused Dewy to question their friendship. Dewy was a few days younger then Marius and significantly different in appearance, instead of dark curly hair the male had a striking purple colour that matched his tail, his eyes were also a soft lavender colour and his skin was pale and smooth

“Where have you been? I have been looking everywhere for you. One minute you’re next to me the next you disappear.”

“Sorry Dewy, but, I saw a ship.”

“I know, we were swimming inside one,” the purple haired merman stated.

“No Dewy, I saw one, it was moving on top of the water.”

“So you decided to go up and have a look at it? Are you insane!” Dewy began his words coming out fast as he tried to comprehend what his best friend had just done. “What if you got seen, caught even, do you know what they do to mer-people like us?” he pointed out, he began swimming up and down continuing to spit out words. “They cut off our tails, they keep our scales. They use us for money, and our women don’t even get me started on what they do to them.”

Marius could see how worked up his friend was becoming, moving forward he cut off his path causing the purple haired merman to cease his movements and the words to stick in his throat as he inhaled deeply.

“Dewy, it was alright, nothing happened.” Marius thought it best not to tell Dewy that he had been spotted. He knew full well that it would cause the male to become pedantic. So instead he kept it to himself reassuring his friend everything was fine watching as he slowly calmed down.

“Well I think we should head back. Remember your mother has a celebration organised for you to find your partner, your perfect wife… think you are ready for it?”

“Not at all. Don’t remind me!” Marius groaned as he slowly began to make his way back to his home.

The castle that ruled the whole of the underwater kingdom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello here is the second chapter.

You get a bit of a look into the life of Prince Marius.

I would like to thank the people who left a comment on the first chapter! Thank you so so much. and to those who read and subscribed.
I hope you all enjoy the newest chapter
Until next time
Cheers Esther