A Beautiful Planet

Love and Acceptance

It was so rare she ever had the opportunity to do anything like this that Sigourney Hite treasured the chance to go on a vacation to the stars. Literally. The human born and raised on Mars in the manmade colony of Marberia, was presented with a free ticket to board a cruise ship for a vacation through her work. The spacecraft would be traveling across the vast expanse of the Milky Way to the planet Gildstar, a planet of luxury discovered only in the last hundred years. It was an all-expense-paid trip that offered her spending money as well, seeing as she’d been the most loyal employee her company had ever seen, helping them skyrocket their sales so that everyone received a raise at the end of the year despite only being 26.

Sigourney smiled to herself as she finished packing, checking the ticket to make sure she wouldn’t arrive too late. Once confirmed that she was right on schedule, the woman put her long, brown hair back into a ponytail, leaving her straight-cut bangs hanging in her face. Bright blue eyes sparkled with excitement as she left the apartment she resided in, locking it securely behind her, seeing as the woman would be gone for about a month. Trailing her luggage behind her, Sigourney hailed a hovercab, paying the captain of it for the journey to the dock, arriving there a mere twenty minutes later.

A massive space cruise ship stood before her, shining in all its metallic glory. Sigourney smiled widely as she grabbed her things with renewed excitement. It was really happening! She was going on a vacation to Gildstar! Her family and friends had been so excited for her, but unfortunately, none were able to make it to see her off. They all had their own work or couldn’t find baby-sitters to watch the kids.

The brown-haired woman quickly approached the check-in kiosk, handing over her ticket to be checked and verified. Once it was approved as authentic, the young woman was escorted to the loading dock where a bellhop took her luggage and led her to her room on the ship. He keyed her in, directing her to the dresser where her own unique key resided.

“Make sure you keep that with you at all times, Ma’am. While we bellhops have overriding keys, we don’t want to have to be called every time you need in your room, and replacement keys are costly. Make sure you don’t lose that,” were his direct instructions as he bowed, walking out of the room afterward, leaving her alone.

“Wow…” was all the woman could say as blue eyes scanned the elaborate room she would be staying in. Many of the fixtures were gilded, the bathroom sink was made of granite, the rest of the furniture was made of cherrywood. It was truly exquisite. She threw herself down on the plush bed, head being cradled in clouds from the softness of the pillows. The woman settled herself in for a delightful vacation and allowed all her worries to slip away.

The ship departed not long afterward, setting them on the week and a half journey to Gildstar, several of the activities on the ship beginning as they began their voyage through space.

Not a week afterward, however, saw the ship running into maintenance issues. Several of the boilers were beginning to overheat for some reason, which was making the systems crash and reload multiple times over the course of several minutes. Without the systems, the ship would crash. Fortunately, there was a planet coming up that had a dock easily accessible to the cruise ship. Unfortunately, as they began approaching, the boilers gave out, shutting down the systems and preventing a smooth landing. The captain and crew couldn’t even warn everyone on board to prepare for a crash landing before it happened. The ship scraped against the dock, crashing into other docked ships. It didn’t stop moving until it ran right into the side of a cliff, having nowhere else to slide to. It caused several larger rocks to come crashing down onto the top of it, denting it and destroying several areas. People aboard were screaming and panicking, running around, trying to find a safe place.

Sigourney simply stayed in her room until the ship ceased movement. She lay curled into the fetal position on her bed, keeping her head covered and hidden and praying she wouldn’t die.

When it finally stopped moving, Sigourney waited an extra several minutes to make absolutely sure before uncurling herself and looking around in fear. Fortunately, for her, her room was more in the center of the ship, meaning it didn’t really take any damage in the crash. She cautiously exited the room and began making her way to the designated exits of the ship, noting others rushing there as well. Guards and bellhops alike were trying to keep people calm and orderly as they exited the ship. There were a few who’d been hurt in the crash and were being assisted in their disembarking. Sigourney couldn’t believe what had happened and only upon seeing the damage to the ship once she’d stepped foot on the strange planet did it register that it was real. Her vacation excitement was overruled by worry and dread. What planet were they even on?

It was as if her questions would be answered right away, seeing as an emissary from the planet they’d crash-landed on approached the ship. She turned to look at him, eyes widening at the sheer beauty of the alien. He was a humanoid looking specimen with pointed ears, silky blue hair that was slicked back, a perfectly chiseled face, and impeccable clothing. His eyes shone a brilliant violet as he opened his mouth to speak, revealing a perfect set of pointed teeth.

“Welcome, travelers, to Goragnos, the most beautiful planet this side of the Milky Way. I am Zeros, and I will be your guide to the city of Beaupolis as your ship undergoes repairs to set you on your way to your intended destination. Fret not, for repairs shall only expand your vacation two days at most. For now, allow me to lead you to our most exquisite staying lodge.” Even his voice was beautiful, lyrical and strong. The alien turned on his finely made heel and began walking toward the city of bright, fluorescent lighting. The group gathered together and made to follow him, Sigourney being toward the front of the group and looking around in wonder.

She’d never seen a place so beautiful. Architecture was mixed with their foreign vegetation to make a sight most pleasing to the eyes. The air was clean and breathable, perhaps the purest she’d ever experienced. It felt like her lungs were being cleared with every breath she took. The feeling of dread and worry was quickly replaced by one of wonderment as they moved further into the city, being taken to an extravagantly large, glass building.

“This is Trovos, our most esteemed staying lodge for travelers. You will be escorted to your rooms while your luggage is retrieved from the ship. You are free to explore the city once settled. In fact, we encourage it. But remember to clean up after yourselves. We pride ourselves on our exemplary and immaculate landscaping and cleanliness. Please leave any area cleaner than you found it.” The alien then bowed to everyone, allowing them to pass through the glass doors where they were met with just as many lodge employees bowing to them and rising, each one as beautiful as the next. The entire group was stunned stupid at the elegance in front of them, most never having experience anything like this planet.

“Welcome, honored guests!” the entire line chorused. Zeros walked in behind the last of the group and stood in front of the line.

“These wonderful workers will be your escorts to your rooms and around the city, if you should like. They will also act as translators. While our species can read minds, it does not mean we automatically understand the language you speak or think in,” Zeros explained. Sigourney immediately grew nervous. They could read minds? And these specific aliens could translate English? Would they figure out her secret? The one she’d been keeping for years?

She could only hope she passed well enough, even in her mind, to keep it safe. So the brown-haired woman placed a smile on her face, pretending like nothing was wrong as she took a look at the alien line once more, eyes catching two feminine looking aliens looking at her, smiling and giggling. She felt her face heat up as she gave them a nervous wave, the two nodding and immediately coming over to her.

“Hello there, stranger. I know Zeros only said one worker per guest, but we’d both like to escort you to your rooms and around the city, if you don’t mind.” The one that spoke had a higher, whimsical voice paired with gorgeous, long lavender hair and shining sea-green eyes. The alien next to that one wore cropped fuchsia hair and had deep red eyes. Both aliens were breathtaking, and it took all Sigourney had to even respond to them.

“Y-yeah. S-sure…” she stuttered, trying to gather her wits about her once more. The two aliens smiled and flanked her, each offering her an arm. The woman looped her arms with theirs as they made their way to an elevator, boarding and having one of the two hit the button for one of the highest floors.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you. I am Xenia,” said the one with fuchsia hair.

“And I am Yano. It’s a wonder to meet such a beautiful alien as yourself,” complimented the one with lavender hair. Sigourney felt her face heat up once more. God, they were both stunning with the most soothing of voices. She could listen to them forever. Honestly, if this is what love at first sight felt like, then Sigourney Hite was in love with two alien women.

“I’m Sigourney,” she said when she was able to think straight again. “I… thank you for the compliment, but I’m nowhere near as stunning as you two.”

“Nonsense. You are stunning physically and emotionally. After all, being true to yourself gives one a certain radiance.” Yano smiled at the brown-haired woman whose smile instantly dropped.

“Come again?”

“Being true to yourself gives one a certain radiance,” repeated Xenia as the elevator reached the desired level. The two aliens exited, holding out their arms for Sigourney. Said woman, however, found herself hesitant to follow.

They knew.

They had to.

It was clear as day.

...But they weren’t judging her for it. In fact, they’d called her… beautiful… for it.

Reluctantly, Sigourney exited the elevator, taking the proffered hands and letting them lead her once more. The two aliens, however, noticed the instant tension.

“We do apologize for the statements made. We had no idea it would affect you so. We simply wanted to detail that, while you are masculine in body, your soul truly is that of a feminine variety.” Xenia looked at Sigourney with an apologetic expression, matched by that on Yano.

“Yes. We merely wished to detail to you that you being true to your soul, as beautiful as it is, is what is giving you a glow, one of comfort and self-love. While we may be beautiful on the outside, only some of us are beautiful on the inside, too, so seeing a purity like yours is a rarity around here.” Yano dropped her hand and stood back, offering a bow of apology, mimicked by Xenia

“We are truly sorry we have offended you thusly.”

Sigourney didn’t know what to do. They seemed honest enough, but the compliments were too flattering. She’d never been told those things in her life. Not even by her own family and supportive friends. No one that knew she was trans had ever said such kind things to her. Why should she believe the words of aliens?

“You should believe us because we understand what beauty is truly comprised of. We know what makes one ‘beautiful’ being from Gorganos. We have nothing to gain by lying, not even currency used for living. We are genuinely drawn to you, Miss Sigourney. You are the purest and most beautiful of any alien or Gorgano we’ve ever seen in our lives,” explained Xenia, pushing her lavender hair out of the way after standing back up. Her sea-green eyes welled with silver liquid, a few rivulets escaping to roll down her cheeks. Their tears must be silver… even their sadness is beautiful… thought Sigourney.

“We aren’t trying to flatter you or… how do you say… butter you up, Miss Sigourney. We are being honest and genuine with our thinking and feeling. Please believe us. You are truly a stunning creature.” Yano’s eyes gathered tears of their own, threatening to spill over as the brown-haired woman debated with herself.

Finally, she grabbed each of their hands and gave them a bright smile.

“Very well. I believe you are being truthful. I’ve just never heard such kind and supportive words in my life, you’ll have to forgive me.” The two aliens smiled brightly, each showing off pearly, sharp teeth as they moved in to hug her. They each kissed her cheeks as well, letting her down gently, seeing as they were about a foot taller than her 6’.

“Thank you, Miss Sigourney! Thank you for believing us!” exclaimed Xenia. Yano nodded and wiped the tears out of her eyes.

“Yes, yes. Thank you so much! Now, shall we show you to your room so that you may settle, and we can explore the city together?” Sigourney nodded and then smirked a little.

“You know, this is my vacation, after all. I’d love to see the sites, but I also want to settle properly. Do you folks have a proper way of helping a traveler settle?” Several scenarios swept her mind, causing the two aliens to look at her in surprise, then giggle.

“Of course we have a few ways. But they are quite… intimate, if you will.” Once hearing Xenia say that, Sigourney was suddenly hit with the notion that the two of them might have something with one another, and she’d be intruding.

“Oh gosh! I’m so sorry if I sounded like I may be intruding on something. I meant no offense!”

“Relax, Miss Sigourney. Yes, we are intimate with one another, but we are also what your language says is ‘polyamorous.’ We are capable of loving more than one and have both already spoken with the other about including you,” answered Yano, once more taking Sigourney’s hand and leading her toward her room - a corner suite with the best view of the city.

“Really?” she asked as she was dragged toward the room.

“Really,” they both answered, giving her matching grins and unlocking the door, showing her inside.

The following events proved to be the best parts of Sigourney’s vacation. Never before had she felt so truly whole, so loved, so accepted in her entire life. For once, she felt completely comfortable in her body, even when undressed. The two aliens treated her like a queen, and when it was time to go, she found herself craving their affection even before she boarded the repaired ship. She couldn’t even bid them a formal goodbye- it would hurt too much.

Which was why, when she entered her old room, she was surprised to see the two of them lounging on a much larger bed than was there initially.

“Hello there, Miss Sigourney. We’ve decided to take it upon ourselves to accompany you on your journey, and even possibly back home, if you don’t mind?” questioned Xenia, raising an immaculate eyebrow with a knowing smirk on her face.

“We hope that you don’t. See, when it was time for you to pack and leave, we simply found we didn’t wish to be away from you. So here is our solution. We’ve paid for the voyage and have passports already, so you needn’t worry about harboring stow-aways, either.” Sigourney couldn’t believe her ears or eyes.

Xenia and Yano had decided to come with her. They didn’t want to be away from her. Tears filled her eyes as she smiled widely, launching herself at the bed and tangling legs with the two gorgeous aliens.

“Of course, I don’t mind! I’m glad to have you two here at all! This is the best vacation ever,” she cried, clinging to the two, who hugged her back.

That was the beginning of the rest of her life, one full of happiness, not only from her job now, but with love and acceptance in all the best ways.