Status: *title will probably change

Bombed

Day Three

Routine is important.

Wake up.
Eat.
Vitamins.
Water.
Feed Luna.
Exercise.
Practice Combat.
Bathe.

11:30. When will Caleb get here? We hadn’t discussed timing – only that he would be here in 3 days. Did that mean three days including the bombing? Or three days from the day of the bombing…

I continue with my routine.

Change Puppy Pad.
Study.
Meditate.
Play with Luna.
Eat.

I need to be prepared for his arrival. I reach for my backpack by the door and begin emptying it, laying all of its contents neatly on the floor. I pull out all of the camping supplies from the bottom shelf and lie it neatly on the floor to be packed. I split the supplies into two piles, one for me to pack, and one for Caleb to pack. I start from the bottom, tying the sleeping bag under my backpack. I pack one change of clothing – a tank top, pants, underwear, two pairs of socks, and a light hoodie. I then begin packing in the portable stove and water filter. I pack a cooking kit, some toiletries, and food above that. When that pocket is full I move to the side packets, packing a pocket knife, first aid, flashlight, matches and other various necessities. I zip everything up and tighten the tent on the top.

I set my packed bag next to the door and gather the left over supplies back on the bottom shelf.

9:13

I can only assume Caleb is not coming tonight and he will be here tomorrow. I lie down on the cot, Luna lies in the space in front of me. I stroke her soft ears until we both fall asleep.