Sequel: Forever.

My Heart's Melodie

eleven

I woke up screaming. The only way I knew that this time wasn’t a dream was the burning in my throat as I let the sound escape my lips.

I buried my face in my hands, letting the tears escape as I relived my dream in my mind, over and over again.

His face, messed up by the deathly complexion and expression.

His ice cold touch.

The way he was just lying limp on the floor.

How he said I love you just before he was gone.


I could never handle these sort of things.

“Melodie!! Melodie, what’s wrong?!” I heard someone yelling over my crying and screams of agony. I just continued to cry, to yell, shake my head in denial. I must have died, because that dream had felt so real.

If this was what hell was like for me, I didn’t even want to know what hell was like for people like Hitler.

But what happened to hell being hot and dark?

"Melodie!" The person shook me lightly, trying to calm me down. I was crying so hard I couldn't even tell who it was. "Melodie, look at me!"

I couldn’t believe it. I was crying into hysterics.

I just couldn't bring myself to open my eyes. I couldn't bear to see if nightmare was reality. So I kept my eyes tightly shut, only giving enough space for tears to fall. If I didn’t, my eyes would have exploded.

I heard the voice that had been yelling my name, suddenly drift away. Either I had been imagining it, or I was just now entering hell, and what I had been in was an inbetween world.

Nope. The voice was back.

“DOCTOR!” I heard it scream, with footsteps following it.

As if they have any chance of saving me…..

As if on cue, I heard many other pairs of footsteps, making their way closer and closer. I felt many hands on my shoulders, my wrists, my ankles. Soon enough, my hands were torn away from my eyes, and as I tried to kick away anyone who was touching me, my feet were kept stationary.

The hands shoved me down, so I was on my back. Then I felt something being fitted over my mouth as I screamed and continue to try.

Air was flowing into my mouth, almost like they were forcing me to breathe, when I already could.

And then I was out.

**--**--**

Joe sighed, sitting back down in the chair next to Melodie’s bed. He was truly puzzled, and worried, as he watched the doctors back away from her bed.

What was that all about?

”Joe,” she moaned, tossing and turning.

She kept moaning his name, until…..

“JOE!!” she screeched, suddenly stopping all movement, her heart monitor speeding up like crazy.

That was when the sobbing and screaming started.

Now Joe knew she was awake, because as he yelled her name, trying to calm her down, she just shook her head and cryed harder. Almost as if she had seen death.

After trying three times unsucessfully, Joe decided it was time for a doctor to set in, before Melodie hyperventilated, and couldn’t breathe. Or went into convulsions.

He yelled for the doctor, which sent in at least three, along with another four nurses.

He couldn’t watch as they held her down, putting the oxygen mask on her, forcing her to breathe. In fact, he couldn’t even turn around once all had gone silent, except for the plummiting beeps of the heart monitor as it returned to normal. He knew she had passed out.


That’s when he decided it was time to leave, and come back the next day. He just wished that Melodie would have given him some sort of response when he was yelling her name. Could she even tell it was him? Or was she actually going…….and not coming back?

It was too much for him to handle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, I know. But I'm just glad I got it out.
You probably won't get another update till Thursday. I'm at ANOTHER camp till then.
AND
GO READ MY NEW JOURNAL POST!!!!!!
Hey......no one murdered me.......