Sequel: Forever.

My Heart's Melodie

thirteen

“There you go, Melodie,” Mes. Jonas said, placing a plate of food down in front of me.

I looked down at the food before me. It was Mac & Cheese, just the way I liked it. It was so tempting, but I made a promise.

I will not eat until absolutley necessarily. I can’t take any more chances, at least until I learn my lesson. I can’t be that stupid again.

I know it sounds stupid, but my heart was set on it. I just couldn’t take another chance like that. No matter where the food came from.

“Melodie?” I heard Joe ask, waving a hand in front of my face. I shook my head slightly, clearing away the thoughts.

“Uhh, I’ll be right back, Joe.”

I stood up, about to walk away, but Joe grabbed my waist and plopped me back down in my seat.

Did I mention his touch sent eletric shocks go through my whole body?

Nope, didn’t think I did.

“Nuh-uh. You are staying right here till you eat some of this.”

I sighed, glancing at the clock. It was already eight. I was probably going to be here all night.

“Fine,” I said stubbornly. “Guess I’ll just sit her till I get hungrey.”

Two hours later.

Four hours later.

Now, because three hours earlier, I was on the couch. Joe was determined not to let me leave, so he made sure I was on the couch, with both of his arms wrapped around me tightly, so I couldn’t get away. Not that I was mad. I mean, I was in the arms of Joe Jonas.

Okay, I may as well admit it to myself.

I love my best friend.

But now, it being four in the morning, and me being awake the whole time, I really wanted to sleep. But sleep wouldn’t come over me. In fact, I felt almost too exausted to sleep.

Have you ever had that feeling?

Anyways, I shifted in Joe’s arms, attempting to make my self a little more comfortable, so I could get at least a couple of hours of sleep. But, I ended up waking Joe up.

At least the involuntary snoring stopped.

“Melodie?” he grumbled.

“Yah?” I murmered, trying to stay as quiet as possible.

“You awake?”

“Have been.”

“Oh.”

I felt him tighten his grip on me ever so slightly, causing me to groan lightly. Being this close to him made me want to kiss him so bad.

So bad.

“How long have you been awake?” he asked, clearly more awake now.

“All night,” I confessed. He chuckled.

“Does the tiredness make you, I dunno know, hungrey?”

“No.”

His grip got even tighter (if that was possible at that moment), and I could feel his muscles tensing up. Then out of no where, I was off the couch, in the air, but somehow still tucked under his arm.

He started walking towards the front door of the house.

“Joe! Where are we going?!” I whispered urgently, trying not to sound too happy that we were finally moving.

“Outside for a little walk.”

“Joe. It’s four in the morning. In the middle of Southern California where it is currently winter and its like forty degrees out here!!”

“Chill,” Joe said as he locked the front door.

“How can I chill when it’s already too cold outside?!”

“Melodie, just relax okay?”

I grumbled a ‘fine’, and he started down the sidewalk.

“Here,” he said, putting me down. “Get on my back. I’ll give you a piggy back ride.”

I swung onto his back so we could continue down the street. I really didn’t know why I just didn’t go home when I had a chance.
♠ ♠ ♠
AHHHH!