Sequel: Forever.

My Heart's Melodie

fifteen

Joe and I stood in his living room, looking down at our feet as his mom and dad lectured us. Well, they were mainly lecturing Joe.

"And what if the police had found you?! If the paparazzi found out, do you know what that would do?! It would not only give a bad name for the band, but for the family as well! If Nicholas had not come down here to get a glass of milk amd had not found that you two were NOT on the couch were we left you, you two could have been kidnapped or killed! What were you thinking?!"

Yah, pretty much they were yelling at Joe for his stupidity. When they saw me walk through the door, I got a hug and a 'Oh my goodness Melodie, are you alright?' from Mrs. Jonas. But when they saw Joe walk in behind me, oh boy.

Almost like that volcano that erupted in Rome and covered Pompeii (the city beneith it) with ashes and lava, never to be seen again until just pretty recently.

Poor Joe.

"Melodie, honey, why don't you go sleep up in Joe's room? You look pretty tired," Mrs. Jonas said sweetly. It was like she was a different person when she talked to me.

"Yah, ok Mrs. Jonas." I started towards the stairs but was pulled back by Joe.

"You will so get payback for leaving me alone here," he muttered. I smiled sweetly back at him, stifling a yawn.

"Night," I called over my shoulder and ran up the stairs, disappearing into Joe's room.

**--**--**

Sunlight filtered in through the window and layed across Melodie's face. She had been asleep for about twelve hours now, for the whole morning and afternoon, and into the early evening. Joe knew she had been tired, but not this tired.

“Melodie,” he murmered in her ear, shaking her softly. He and his brothers needed to leave for a concert they had that night in L.A., but Melodie wouldn’t wake up. He had invited her, but ironically enough, this was the day she decided to sleep in. “Melodie.”

She groaned and turned over in her sleep, grabbing Joe’s hand that rested on her shoulder, and pulled it over, using it like a teddy bear.

Now he was stuck.

He attemped to pull his hand softly away, sliding out of her grip. He was almost out when she turned over again, pulling Joe along the way, until he landed on her.

Umph,” Joe let out, sighing as he looked down at Melodie. She was so deep asleep she didn’t even feel Joe land on top on her.

He really wished they could be together.

But the more Joe thought about it, (which, trust me, was all day when Melodie was asleep) the more he knew she would never like him, let alone love him. First off, she had told him she used to love him. Why would she love him again? Second, he literally forgot about her. Sure, he remembered her while they were on tour, he had always kept a little picture of them together, in the tour bus with them. But he didn’t realize how much she had changed over that year they were gone. And finally, he was already technically dating someone.

Stacy.

The name almost literally sent his heart into pieces. Sure, he didn’t even like her anymore, but they had never technically broken up.

She had sent at least five voicemails to Joe’s phone, but Joe deleted all of them. She probably wanted to go on some fancy dinner date like they always would. She never went to concerts, never did anything fun, it was always about the sophistication of where they were going.

Joe was sure she only liked him for the money and the title.

Right then and there, Joe had had enough. He didn’t want to worry about missing her calls, calling her back, going on dates, talking to her, kissing her, or anything to do with her. He just had his eyes set on one girl now.

Melodie Ashlynn Thomason. And he would do anything to get her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is so short!
I thought that this was a good place to stop, so I stopped. Lol.
So I guess it's sort of a cliffhanger? In a way?
Oh well, I know it sucks. But did anyone else think that the second part in third person point of view sounded...a little sophisticated? A little more...oh I don't know. Nevermind. But if you get what I mean, please feel free to tell me if you think so. I was writing it and I was all 'Does this sound different or is it just me?'