Sequel: Forever.

My Heart's Melodie

twenty-two

When you look me in the eyes, and tell me that you love me, everything’s all right when you’re right here by my side.

I groaned, turning over, willing the ringtone to be apart of my dream, and not really happening.

When you look me in the eyes, I catch a glimpse of heave, I find my paradise, when you look me in the eyes.

Darn it.

I sat up, rubbing my eyes slightly, and glanced at the clock. 3:24 am.

Why was someone calling so early?

“Hello?”

”Is this Melodie Thomason?”

“Yes. Who’s calling?”

”This is Nurse Ann at Olympia Medical Center Hospital in LA.”

**--**--**

“Joe,” I ran into his room, shaking him awake. “Joe wake up, please!!”

He groaned, turning over. “What…?” he asked, groggily.

“Joe, just please wake up!”

He turned so he was away from me, so I couldn’t reach him from where I was standing. “Joe!” I yelled, running over to the other side of his bed. “Wake up!!!”

He sighed, sitting up.

“Alright I’m up, What is it?” He had his annoyed voice out.

“We need to get over to the hospital!”

“Why? Is everything ok?”

Now he sounded concerned.

“No, everything is not ok!” I shouted, my voice becoming shaky. I collapsed on his bed. “My m-mom and dad…they…” I couldn’t finish. Joe put his arms around me, trying to calm me down.

“Shhh, Mel. Just take a few deep breaths and then tell me what happened.”

“Just take me to the hospital. Please, Joe, I’m begging you.”

**--**--**

Mom!” I almost screamed, running into her room in the hospital. She lifted her head up slightly from the pillow and smiled at me weakly.

“Melodie, sweetheart.”

She sounded so fraile, like she would break if I touched her. I held back, hesitating at her bedside.

Joe walked in briskly, having to catch up from my sprint in the hallway.

“How are you feeling, Mom?” I asked, sitting on her bed.

“Better than I was. It hurt.”

“How’s Dad?”

She looked away. It scared me. The woman on the phone told me they were both alive; a miracle from the car accident.

I hated the man that ran the read light.

“Mom, how’s Dad?” I repeated. She looked at me with sad eyes.

“Not as well as me.”

I gave her a kiss on the cheek and ran out of her room, leaving Joe behind again. I ran to the desk, asking for my father’s room number. They wouldn’t tell me.

“You don’t understand!” I screamed, tears falling down my face. “He’s my father!”

“And no one is allowed to see him yet, honey,” the receptionist said calmly. “Maybe in a few hours.”

“NO! I need to see him now!” I screamed. She started to get up, as if she was going to kick me out.

“Ann, she can see him,” a deep voice said. I turned around to see a doctor with tired eyes looking at the nurse. “Follow me, sweetheart.”

Ann rolled her eyes as I followed the doctor to a nearby emergency room. I wiped my eyes, clearing all tears from my face.

“Thank you,” I said quietly as he stood in the doorway, watching me go to my dad.

He smiled weakly at me. “Your welcome.”

The doctor left me alone with my dad.

“Daddy,” I said, running over to him. I stopped mid-stride as he coughed weakly.

“Me-Melodie.” He coughed again

“Daddy, please don’t do this,” I whispered, kneeling down beside him. He looked at me, and I could see the life from his eyes were gone. They looked dead.

“Melodie, I love you.”

“No, Daddy!”

I knew what was coming.

“And tell Mom I love her too. Goodbye, butterscotch.”

“N-no! No no no no no!!” I yelled. I knew it would do no good, but what else could I do?

I kissed his nose, as he smiled weakly at me. His head fell back, his eyes closed, and the eerie beeeeeeeeep filling the room.

He died with a smile on his face.

My sobs came, knowing I would never hear my dad’s voice again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't really like this chapter. ):
BUT ONLY THREE CHAPTERS TILL MHM IS DONE!
ohh, and school starts tomorrow >.<