Sequel: Forever.

My Heart's Melodie

four

"He did WHAT?" Cassidy practically yelled over the phone. I was talking three-way with her and Hannah, and I had just explained my little drama-filled afternoon.

"I can't believe it!" Hannah added in a shocked tone.

I could picture both of their faces right now, as I talked to them. Shocked, angry, and smpythetic.

"I know," I answered in a sob. I didn't want to admitt it, but I really wished I hadn't pushed Joe away like that. But seriously, he had forgotten me. What kind of best friend does that?

"Aww, Mel. Please don't cry," Cassidy said sympathetically.

"I can't stop!" I choked out.

"What are you doing right now?" Hannah asked me.

"Crying my eyes out in my room."

"Cass? What are you doing?"

"Talking on the phone with you guys."

"Lets meet at the park."

**--**--**

I walked out of my house, and met up with Hannah on the sidewalk. We walked in silence. except for my occasional sniffles, to the park. In the distance, I could see little kids in the sand, playing on the grass.

We turned around the block, and I could see the park more clearly. A dark haired figure was swinging slowly on the swings, alone.

My sharp intake of breath startled me; it couldn't be him, could it?

"I can't go," I said to Hannah. I stopped dead in my tracks as I realized that it was him.

"Why?"

"Hey guys! Over here!" A voice yelled off in the distance. I saw Cassidy waving, wanting us to run over.

Hannah started walking faster as I stayed where I was. The yelling caused the figure on the swings to look up, and I knew I was doomed.

"Come on, Mel!"

I stayed where I was. The figure got off the swings, and started walking towards where I was standing.

I don't know why, but I just started running back towards my house, leaving Cassidy and Hannah behind. Why was I doing this? I felt like my brain wasn't in control of my feet; like they were just carrying themselves.

"Melody!"

I kept running.

"Melody!"

Just keep running. Make it into the house before he catches you. Even though he was always almost twice as fast as you, keep running.

"Melody!"

The next thing I knew, he had caught me by the arm and had twirled me around. Now I was face to face with him.

"Leave me alone, Joseph!" I yelled, struggling to get away. He kept his grip tight on my arm, and I couldn't get free.

"Why are you running from me?" he asked me softly. His chocolate brown eyes searched my face for anything.

I kept my eyes closed so I wouldn't have to look at his beautiful face.

"Because! You forgot me and didn't even know I was alive!"

"I did NOT forget you!"

"Then why did you not realize it was me you had bumped into yesterday?"

He was silent. I opened my eyes again to make sure I wasn't dreaming, but his face was inches away from mine.

"I want you to be my best friend again," he said almost so quietly I coudldn't hear. His eyes were filled with apology, sadness, and regret.

Those eyes are going to be the death of me.

"You never realized something when we were best friends, did you?" I asked.

"What are you talking about?"

"I can't believe I'm telling you this, but, I loved you."

I tore my arm away from him, as much as I wanted to stay there. His touch sent a jolt of electricity down to my fingertips and toes.

"You.....you what?" his face was nothing compared to what I felt inside.

"You heard me," I said simply. I felt like my heart was being ripped out, even as I walked away. I just couldn't look at him anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is like my WORST chapter EVER
But you know what I sorta find....akward?
What if the JONAS BROTHERS actually read this.....how weird would that be? I WOULD DIE!
In a good way AND bad way
Anywayes....banners! <3