Sequel: Forever.

My Heart's Melodie

five

I can't believe it.

I can't believe I told him.

Why did I tell him??

WHY???

I'm so, so, SO stupid.

Seriously. Everytime he looks at me at school now, his facial expression reads, and I quote him directly, Akwardd...

Even Cassidy and Hannah noticed the weird looks he was giving me. They were like, "What did you say to him?"

Even though they saw me walk away from him on Saturday, near the park.

I repeat.....WHY?!?!?!

**--**--**

"Arn't you going to talk to him?" Cassidy asked me during lunch. I almost choked on my food when I saw her facial expression.

She was dead serious.

I snorted with discontent. "No," I answered.

"Why?" Hannah piped in.

So I'm not the only asking the question 'why' here.

"Because," I said, wiping a napkin across my face. "He obviously doesn't care if he can't talke to me first."

"Can you just tell us what you said to him?" Cassidy asked.

"No, Cass! I already told you I can't!"

"Why not?! We're your best friends!"

True. Too True.

"You're going to laugh."

"No we're not!"

"Fine." I lowered my voice so no one could over hear. "I told him I loved him."

The whole cafeteria got quiet. I swear, you could hear a pin drop.

I let out an aggrivated sigh as I got up to leave. This day couldn't get any worse. He hadn't even looked at me all day.

Everyone stared as I left. The only person's gaze I could feel was his, though.

It felt like a bee sting.

I felt my feet taking me the familiar path to the small courtyard, where I could sit in the shade of a large tree, and not be found. Not many people went over there.

The same exact place me and Joe hung out all the time in our freshman year.

I sat down underneith the tree and stared up into the beautiful blue sky. The clouds just seemed so careless; they had the wind to blow them the right way.

I stayed in that position until I heard footsteps coming up to me. I knew exactly whose they were; the person I least wanted to see.

"Where's Stacy?" I asked nonchalently as Joe sat down beside me.

He ignored my comment.

"Did you mean you loved me as in past tense, or you still love me?" he asked as he looked at me. I shifted my gaze towards his chocolate brown eyes.

"Joe!" Melodie called, running after the dark haired boy who held her shoe.

Summer of 1997. Ahh, good times.

"Catch me if you can!" he called as he ran around the small play ground.

She ran after him, but knew it was no use. He was so much faster than her.

"But I can't! You're too fast!" Melodie called after him.

"Exactly!"

She stayed where she was, she was so out of breath. After a few more minutes of running, Joe finally realized she wasn't going to continue the 'game' they started. He called it 'stealing Melodie's shoe'.

"Awww, come on Melodie! You're such a party pooper!"

"Yes I am! Now give me back my shoe!!"

Joe looked at her funny, trying to process what she had just said.

The pause Joe made gave Melodie enough time to run up and grab her pink mary jane, and run away.

"Hey!"

Joe ran after Melodie, and tackled her to the ground.

"The game was supposed to be that I take your shoe. Not that you take it back!"

"Get over it! I win!" Melodie said with a smirk.

"Every time," Joe sighed, staring into her eyes.

"Huh?"

"When we get older, I'm gonna marry you!" Joe announced randomly, causing Melodie to laugh.

"Suuuuuuuuuure, Joe. Suuuuuuuuuuuuure."


"I--I--uhh," I trailed off, not knowing what to say. I didn't want to lie, so what do I say??

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiing!!

Literally saved by the bell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Crappiest. Chapter. Ever.
Yah, it was horrible, I know. But please leave me comments, even if it WAS horrible! I love hearing from you guys!!!
Also, please make banners!!!