Sequel: Forever.

My Heart's Melodie

six

"Hey," Nick said as he walked up to where I was looking through my locker.

"Hey," I replied, pulling out my science book.

"Can I talk to you really quick?"

I glanced at the clock. I didn't have free period, but he did. I was only going to miss History, so I may as well.

"Sure," I said with a smile. I followed him towards the empty cafeteria, where we sat down at a table.

"So I was wondering if you could come over for dinner on Saturday," he said. I began to laugh, and he gave me a weird look.

"What?" he asked as I continued to laugh.

"Did you seriously ask me to skip History just so you could ask me that?"

"No!" he said in defence. "I needed to talk to you about some important stuff too."

"Oh. Well, yah I can come over. So what did you need to talk to me about?"

"What did you mean about that 'I loved you' stuff you said to Joe?"

I remained silent for a second while I thought. "I meant that I used to love him, but now I don't. BUT, I do love him still. I just don't want him to know that. If we are ever going to be friends again, it would be really akward. And I don't want him to know how I feel about him, because he may never want to hang out me again," I explained. Nick nodded, understandingly.

"I see what you mean, I guess. But why did you just now tell him that stuff?"

"I never wanted him to know."

We were silent for a minute, before realization came upon Nick's face.

"What?" I asked.

He shook his head with a smirk. He knew something that I didn't.

"Nevermind. But, I gotta go. I'll talk to you later. And where something nice on Saturday, k?" he said, getting up.

"Uh, ok. See yah."

He left the cafeteria, and I sat alone for awhile trying to figure somethings out. What was Nick pulling?

**--**--**

"Joe!" Nick called, trying to catch his older brother's attention.

"Yah?" Joe said as he turned around to face Nick.

"She's coming."

Joe looked at his brother with disbelief. After all the commotion, and not wanting to even see him, Melodie was coming over for dinner.

"Joe, you there?" Nick said as he waved his hand in front of his older brother's face. "You sorta spaced out there."

"Yah," Joe said, putting his hand over his face. "Well, we better go and get this all planned out."

**--**--**

"Hey Mom! I'm home!" I yelled the second I walked through the door.

"Melodie! You're home early!" My mom said with a smile as she greeted me at the door.

"Yah."

"Anything happen?"

"Sorta, I guess."

"You want to talk about it? Or is it Joseph problems again?"

Poor Mom. If only she knew.

"Sorta. But listen, Mom. Can I go to Nick's house for dinner Saturday night?"

"Yes, but you realize Joseph is going to be there, right?"

"Yah. But I just need to get over it."

"Good."

Cue the akward silence.

"Well, I'm going to get started on homework," I hinted as I started to walk towards the stairs.

"If you need anything, just call," my mom called after me.

I walked into my room, and closed the door behind me. I instantly put my iPod on shuffle, resulting in me groaning. The opening notes of Blackbird by the Beatles carried through my earphones and filled my ears. It fit my situation perfectly. I just needed to fly away, even though I was hurt. I needed to fly away from Joe, who was hurting me, even though it wasn't intentional.

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were always waiting
For this moment to arrive

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take your sollen eyes and learn to see
All your life
You were always waiting
For this moment to be free

Blackbird flys
Blackbird flys
In the night of dark blackness

Blackbird singing the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were always waiting
For this moment to arrive
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to get out, but I had grad yesterday (:
YES, I AM NOW A FRESHMAN!!!! WOO!! <3
Hmmmmm, what else. Oh yes, BANNERS!!! and feedback!!! It encourages me when people do these things!!
Hope you enjoyed it!