Sequel: Forever.

My Heart's Melodie

seven

Knock. Knock.

I ran down the stairs, my white skirt flowing out behind me as I ran. Before I opened the door, I struggled to get the last few buttons on my flowery blouse buttoned.

"Cass?" I said with suprise. Outside the thunder and lightning continued to crash, and the rain continued to pour onto the streets.

"Mel, I need to talk to you," Cassidy said, as she choked out a few tears. I noticed that she was crying, if not hysterically.

"What's wrong?" I asked with concern as I followed her to the couch.

She didn't answer me at first, so I took the chance to go and get her a towel so she could dry off.

"He broke up with me."

"WHAT?!"

I looked at her with shock. Brandon, her long-term boyfriend, broke up with her? They had been so in love, Hannah and I had been sure they were going to get married right after highschool.

That was, until Hannah saw him making out with another girl at one of her parties.

"I saw him kissing a girl right in front of Coldstone. So I walked up to him, and started yelling at him, and he didn't even care. So then he was just like, 'So I guess it's over now, isn't it?' And then he just walked away with the girl."

She burst into tears again.

I just couldn't bring myself to tell her that both me AND Hannah had kown about this for a month. I would have told her earlier, but I didn't want her misrable. So I guess it was better she found out on her own.

"Did you see who he was with?" I asked, once she had recomposed herself.

"Stacy. Stacy Lucas."

I was horror struck. That meant Stacy had been cheating on Joe for a month, or maybe longer!

I glanced at the clock. 7:57. I was supposed to be at Nick's house at 8 sharp, and it took me five minutes to get there.

"Crap," I muttered under my breath.

"What?"

"I have to go. I'm sorry, but I really have to leave."

"Oh, ok," Cassidy sighed. I was truly sorry I had to leave her alone in all her misery, but I made a commitment.

If you call dinner plans with your ex-best friend and his family, a commitment.

I watched Cassidy wipe her eyes, get up, and walk out the door. I really didn't mean to push her out like that, but I had to go.

Once I was sure the door was shut behind her, I ran back up to my room to finish up my hair, put on a little make-up, and then grab my things and leave.

Once I had pulled my hair into a messy pony-tail with a ribbon, I decided on light make-up for the night. Foundation, concealor, mascara, eye-liner, blush, and lip gloss. Nothing too heavy.

Finally, I pulled on my silver heels, grabbed my purse and sweator, and was out the door. It was already 8:07, so I totally blew that one.

I hoped they didn't think I bailed on them.

**--**--**

"Where is she?" Joe asked angrily to himself, pacing around the living room.

Nick and Kevin were sitting on the couch, watching their brother getting worked up.

"Joe, she's always late. Don't you remember that?" Nick said.

"Maybe he did forget her," Kevin muttered to Nick, only to be given a harsh glare from Joe.

"I did NOT forget her!" he half yelled. Kevin put up his hands in defence, and didn't make another comment.

8:06

"Argh!" Joe let out another groan of frustration as he watched the clock tick by.

8:09

"Joe, calm down. She's going to be here. You have to remember it takes five minutes to get here from her house."

Joe simply nodded his head, and Nick didn't say anything more.

8:12

Finally, the sound of a car door slamming could be heard from inside the Jonas home. Joe's heart started beating faster at the thought of finally maybe gaining Melodie's trust back. With the help of Kevin and Nick, of course.

Ding dong.

Joe practically jumped out of his socks when he heard the door bell ring. Luckily Nick got up fast enough before Joe could run up to the door.

"Why, good evening, Melodie. Come on in," Nick said as he smiled.

"Thanks," said a small voice.

Joe's jaw dropped when he saw Melodie walk inside of the house.

She's beautiful.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, last one for the week. Hopefully chapter eight will be out next Monday. Either that, or Tuesday.
Please take some time to make banners!! I would love some!!!