Untitled

Chapter Four

I was pressed up against the wall, cowering in fear. The key was turning in the front door:my Dad had just returned home from the bar, completely and utterly drunk. I heard the creak of the front door opening, then slamming shut behind my Father as he forgot to lock it, again. There was silence for a few sweet minutes then,BANG! A string of curse words was emitted as he knocked over the coat stand, sending the heavy wooden structure clattering to the floor. I held my breath in anticipation as the ominous sound of heavy footsteps began to traipse up the staircase. The landing light flicked on – shown in the gap between my bedroom door and the carpet – and was followed by my Father continuing on his march, either to my bedroom, or his. I breathed a heavy sigh of relief as a shadow passed my door, not even hesitating next to the entryway to my bedroom. I was safe.

However, just as I managed to reign in my emotions my bedroom door slammed open, and in marched my stepdad, in all his drunken, violent glory. Swearing up a storm, he crossed the gap between the doorway and my bed in a matter of nanoseconds and grabbed me by the neck. He began smacking me, first with his fist but then against the wall. I bit my lip hard, resisting the urge to scream: if I did, my punishment would be so much worse.

Suddenly, my Father stopped attacking me. He looked me in the eyes, grinning a sick and twisted smile, and leant in close, whispering in my ear:

"You're gonna have the time of your life tonight, princess!"

He then proceeded to remove my pyjamas and......................

I awoke with a start, a silent scream rippling through my body : I still couldn't scream properly. The nightmare was awful, and what made it worse was that it was more than a nightmare, it was a memory. That was the first time that my Father had raped me. He had abused me for years before that, blaming me for every problem in his life, but that was the first time he had done more than just hit me. That night, a part of me died, you could say that I was internally "scarred" although it was a lot worse than that. That event was what triggered the cutting and the more severe depression and ultimately, what led to my suicide.

I was so caught up in thoughts of my previous life that I didn't notice Minato creep into the room.

"Chiaki-chan, are you okay? I heard you scream."

I mentally cursed myself: obviously my scream had been louder than I thought. Whilst contemplating what to tell Minato, I decided on something. I felt that I could really trust him. With that revelation, I let out all the emotions I was trying to suppress, and with them, came the tears.

"N-no, not r-really. I h-had a n-nightmare." I stammered out.

Minato, looking stressed at how to deal with a crying girl, wrapped his arms around me in a warm embrace.

"Shhhhh! It's okay, I promise! I'll keepyou safe!"

And with that, wrapped in his warm arms, I came to the revelation that I felt truly safe for the first time in years. Safe in the knowledge that Minato would protect me, I fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.

woke up early the next morning, still wrapped in Minato's warm embrace. Giggling slightly at his cute sleeping face I attempted to get up, only to find that Minato's arms were clamped around my body so hard that I couldn't move. After a few painful minutes of struggling, I managed to free myself from his arms. I walked into the kitchen, intending to get a glass of water, when the playful side of my mind had the idea to prank Minato. This shocked me: I hadn't been in touch with this side of my mind for years,at least. After searching all around in the kitchen and living room I found all the supplies I needed.

Ten minutes later, snickering away to myself, I had completed the preparations for my prank. Now all I had to do was awake Minato from his deep slumber. I lifted my hand to his shoulder and begun gently shaking his body.

"M-minato! W-wake up! It's t-time for b-breakfast!" Sure enough, Minato shot up from his sleep, as I had established he would do this at the slightest mention of food over the past few days I had known him.

"Chiaki-chan! Where's the food? Where is it?" A disgruntled Minato began questioning upon noticing the fact that there was no food in my hand, and no heavenly scent of home cooking drifting from the kitchen.

"O-oh! F-funny s-story! T-there i-isn't a-any!" My stutter was worsened by the fact that I was trying – and failing – to hold in my laughter at the sight before me. I had sprayed whipped cream all over Minato's spiky blonde hair, giving him the appearance of an elderly man with snow white hair. Also, drawn all over his forehead were the words: "I love Chiaki-chan!". I knew that I had made a lot of mess on my bed in performing this prank but it was definitely worth it to see the results!

"Chiaki-chan" Minato mumbled. "Why are you so mean to me?"

"W-what? T-this is the f-first t-time I've d-done anything r-remotely c-cruel to y-you!" I mumbled back, choking on my laughter : he still hadn't noticed yet! As if sensing my thoughts about his appearance, Minato raised his hand to scratch the top of his head, and retracted it with a disgusted yell when he came to the realisation that he had some foreign substance smeared all over his head.

"CHIAKI-CHAN, WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?!?!?!" Minato, as if waking from a dream, suddenly bolted towards me, chasing me into the kitchen and out into the back garden. After multiple minutes of prancing around the garden like drunken idiots, Minato finally caught up to me. Suddenly appearing next to me, he wrapped his arms tightly around me in a sticky, syrupy hug. Completely taken off guard, I collapsed to the ground, Minato falling on top of me with a grunt. As if caught up in some kind of romantic moment,Minato began to blush. Smiling sheepishly, he began to lean forwards, until his lips met mine in a small kiss.

Shocked,I looked up at Minato, his face blushing bright red like mine probably was.I stood up and rushed back into the house: these feelings were strange to me. I had only just met the guy, and still had no idea how I had ended up here, and yet I seemed to be developing a crush on him. It was all the more surprising to me as I had never got close enough to anyone else before to develop any sort of feelings more than acceptance for people. Stripping off my clothes and climbing into the bath tub, I scrubbed off all the nasty, sticky gunk Minato had got on my body and inspected my arms: other than being slightly pockmarked from the needles I had had inserted in the hospital the other day, there were no marks or scars marring my pale, creamy flesh. Getting out and dressed, I quickly redressed my bed before slipping under the covers and falling asleep: all the day's excitement had got to me, and I clearly had a low tolerance for emotional overload! Luckily for me, there were no more nightmares that day or night.