StarStream

Useless

"SIDESWIPE! SUNSTREAKER!" The roar of an angry Ratchet woke almost everyone on base up.

"What the frag is going on?" Starlighter said, as she rebooted her systems and rose from the berth. She walked out to the main hangar, where she saw Ratchet. Moonstream was still asleep in the back of her head, so for once she had some peace and quiet. She chuckled at the sight of the medic, but stop, when he turned towards her and glared.

Every last one of Ratchet's wrenches were welded to his body. She saw a few soldiers come to investigate. Lennox just shook his head before returning to his quarters. Same went for Prime, who spared his daughter a goodnight, before returning to his quarters.

A few seconds later Prowl walked into the hangar, dragging both of the twins. Sunny was not going to like what that did to his paint, when he came out of stasis. "Jolt, assist Ratchet in getting the wrenches off of his frame. I'll be taking these two to the brig."

I shook my head before returning to my quarters and once again slipping into recharge. When she awoke the next time, Moonstream was already awake. Starlighter replayed her earlier events in her head.

'Part of me wants to say they've only been here for two weeks, then the other part is surprised it's taken this long.' Moon thought.

'Should we go see them?' Starlighter asked.

'Sure. I want to know how long they're in there and what other punishment they got.'

'I hope they got our patrol.'
Starlighter said.

'Me too. Then You I won't have to here you constantly bitching.'

'Slagger.'

'Aft pipe.'
Moonstream responded.

As they made their way to the brig, they ran into their mech creator. "Good morning girls." He said as he passed. "Where are you two off to?"

Optimus Prime never addressed his combined daughters as Starstream or as one being, like many did. He knew they were both there, so he addressed them both.

"The brig." Starlighter answered.

"I wanna know what the Lambo twins are getting for their little stunt last night." Moonstream said.

Optimus chuckled. "Try not to upset Prowl."

"Me?" Starlighter said with false innocence.

"I'll keep her in check." Moonstream said.

"Alright. Go on."

When they got to the Brig they saw the twins both slumped against the wall of their cell, glaring at each other.

"Which one of you got you both caught?" Moonstream asked.

"He did!" They both screamed talking about the other. Starlighter laughed.

'They're idiots.' Moonstream thought.

'Yeah, but they're not as bad as Mudflap and Skidz.'

'This is true.'


"So, what did you get?" Starlighter asked.

"We're in here for the rest of the day, and we have to do double patrols."

"Who's?" Starlighter asked.

"We're not sure." Sides answered.

"What are you doing here?" Prowl asked.

"Who's patrol are the moron twins getting?" Starlighter asked.

"Yours." Prowl answered. "It only makes sense. If you two were to actually come across a decepticon you would have to call for back up and return immediately." He said.

'Starlighter don't.' Moonstream tried.

"Oh my god, we can handle ourselves. If you just gave us a chance." Starlighter said.

"You're mech creator made it clear you're not to go into battle until you've been separated."

"This is slag."

"I don't see how."

"Whatever."

"I understand that you are frustrated, but-"

That set both twins off. "Until you have another person living in your body," Starlighter started.

"And until you no longer have a body," Moonstream continued.

"You will never understand they echoed together." Starlighter got up and transformed. She sped out of base,nearly hitting the gates, but they opened just in time. The magenta GTA made its way to a large cliff in the middle of nowhere. Starlighter transformed and sat down. The hot sun beat down on her, and her fans turned on to compensate.

'We're fragging useless.'
Star thought.

'No you're not.' Moonstream thought to her sister. 'I'm the useless one, not you. You have all of the potential in the world, but can't use it, because of me.'

'I'm the moron, who went after Nightracer and nearly got myself offlined.'

'I'm the one, who did get offlined.'

'Only we can argue about being the bigger glitch.'

'Only us.'
Starlgither vented in the form of a sigh.

"Well well well if it isn't Prime's sparkling. Too bad the other isn't here for me to offline too."

"Slag!" Starlighter hissed.

'Only us.' Moonstream thought again.