StarStream

Split Personality

Startream's holoform was sitting on the hood of her altmode in the Autobot's rec room.

Starlighter was worried. Moonstream hadn't had a clear legit thought in the days, since they were rescued. 'WILL YOU THINK SOMETHING?' Starlighter internally screamed at her twin.

Since returning to base after being captured, Moonstream hadn't thought anything. Instead she only felt. What she felt was disappointment, hopelessness. The only thing she truly wanted had been taken away from her. She didn't know if there was away for her to return to her frame anymore, and all she had were doubts. 'Will you just leave me alone?'

'No! Your pessimistic attitude isn't going to get us anywhere. You need to have a little faith. You'll get your-'

'HOW? EXPLAIN THAT TO ME! THERE'S NO OPTIONS LEFT! Do you seriously think that just thinking that there's away isn't going to make one magically appear!'

'No, but just because it's farfetched doesn't mean that it's impossible!'


The divide between the two was getting noticeable. Starlighter just wanted to walk around base and do something productive. Moonstream just wanted to find a place, where she could hide and sulk.

The wants were so much that both of them began to try to take control. Starlighter pulled to move left. Her twin on the other hand moved to pull right. The result both scared and amazed the girls. There was a ripping and stretching sound. Both girls quit and took notice of their new appearance. They were still a split holoform, but instead of a split face, there were now two heads.

'What the pit?' Starlighter thought.

Then she realized that there was no response from her sister, nothing. She couldn't feel her in her head. "Moonstream?"

"I can't hear you." Moonstream said. A smile began to break across a face. "And you can't hear me."

"We're separate." Starlighter gaped.

Then Moonstream took notice of their body. "But we're still stuck together."

:. The bond isn't messed up at all. .: Starlighter said through their bond.

:. That's a very good sign. .: Moonstream said. She felt out the bond. :. If anything, it's stronger, more stable. We need to talk to Ratchet. .:

"Do we have to?" Starlighter asked out loud.

"Yes."

"Oh come on!"

"We have to go."

Again they both tried to take off in different directions. The result was more stretching and ripping, until they were connected by nothing. The two full holoforms stared at each other in shock. "RATCHET!" They both screamed.

The irritated medic came in wrench in hand. He dropped it though, when he caught sight of the two. "To the med bay, now." He said.

Starlighter drove her altmode up behind her and hopped on the hood. Moonstream got on beside her. The rode into the medbay. When they got there, Ratchet lowered the berth, so that Starlighter could drive on to it. Once she was on, he lifted it and called in Jolt. Ratchet ran scan over the girls, muttering in coherently in Cybertronian.

"Jolt!" Ratchet called for his apprentice. He had a fast quiet discussion with the electric blue bot.

:. I don't think I've ever seen him this frazzled. .: Starlighter said, her amusement spill over through the bond.

:. Me neither and I was one of his apprentices. .: Moonstream sent back.

:. How concerned should we be? .: Star asked.

:. I'm not sure. How long do you think we can keep this up? .:

:. I don't know. I love being alone in my own head and all, but I don't want to stay in this form all of the time. .:

:. I don't blame you. .:


"Are you two speaking through your bond?" Ratchet asked them.

"Yeah."

"Yes."

"And does it feel normal, stable?" He continued questioning.

"More so than before." Moon answered.

"And the holoforms feel better too, like they're made up more and not just about to fizzle out." Starlighter added on.

"Ratchet, what were you comming me about?" Prime asked walking into the med bay. He caught sight of the two on the berth.

"It appears that the spark splices have split giving the twins each their own holoform." Ratchet said. "Can you still hear each other's thoughts?"

"Only what we let through the bond." Moonstream said.

Optimus transformed and activated his holoform. He walked over to the girls and pulled them both into a hug. "My twins." He said.

"Dad." They both hugged him back.

"Can they keep one holoform activated, while the other isn't? Can Starlighter continue to use her bipedal mode, while Moonstream uses the holoform?" Jolt asked Ratchet, not wanting to feel like he was intruding on the moment.

"From the scans I performed, Starlighter frame has duplicated the holoform gear, so Moonstream has her own."

"So we're each in control of our own holoform?" Starlighter asked having over heard the two.

"Yes." Ratchet answered.

"FRAGGING RIGHT!" Starlighter screamed.

The twins' happiness over flowed from their bond into the parental bond with Optimus. He was instantly bombarded with joy. He could only imagine what would happen, when they fully restored Moonstream's frame. There was no doubt about it in his mind. Her frame would be restored. He looked over into the corner, where the blue frame was sitting still. He let out a sigh. It was hard, especially without his sparkmate. She was still there, if he truly tried he might've been able to find her, but she wasn't her anymore. He was going to take it one step, one problem at a time. Once he had his sparkling back in her frame, then he would try to return his Elita One to her original self.

He glanced up and noticed the two faces peering at him worriedly. "It's nothing." He said. "Now, go show everyone." He smiled.

The twins smiled before Starlighter transformed and got off of the berth, picking up her sister, and transforming again, throwing Moonstream in the front seat. She sped out of the medbay as fast as she could.