Status: Next Update: On Hold

Come Back to Me

Officer Stephen

“Allie, I promise you are going to get through this.” Officer Stephen said.

I looked up at him. I didn't believe a word he said but nodded. How would I get through my parent's death?

“I know you think this is the end of the world, but from what I saw tonight you a strong and brave young lady. This is going to set you back, but your life won’t stop here.” Officer Stephen continued on.

I just wanted to tell him to shut up, but I didn't know if I would get in trouble for that. So instead, I sassed him.

“How would you know?” I said with a slight edge in my voice.

Officer Stephen looked at me in the eyes and said, “I’ve seen it happen to so many other people, but you’re different. You are strong. You won’t let life knock you down.”

I just looked around the room and watched as people looked away, not wanting to make eye contact with me. Noisy people.

I heard Officer Stephen sigh and get up.

Finally, I was left alone or as alone I would get in a waiting room.

I knew Officer Stephen was going to talk with the other Officer, Abel, who bought me here.

I silently watched the people around me, trying to distance myself, but I couldn't. Everything reminded me of them. I had no idea why Officer Stephen thought I was different from anyone else. I wasn’t strong or brave, I was just as broken and lost as all the others were. I had no idea what was going to happen, all I wanted was my parents back. I wanted them to come back to me.

“Allie, would you like to go home?” Officer Stephen asked as he and Officer Abel walked up to me.

Home? That wasn't home anymore, not without them.

“I want to see them. I want to see my parents.” I said, standing up.

“No.” Officer Abel said.

“No?! Who are you to tell me if I can SEE MY parents?” I asked raising my voice.

“Of course, you can see them, Allie.” Officer Stephen said, glared at his partner and singled to talk to him away from me. I watched them walk away, but little did they know; I could still hear them and wasn't too happy with what I heard.

“What was that?” Officer Stephen asked.

“Do you really think it's a good idea? She has already seen them when she got here. I don’t think she can handle seeing them again.” Officer Abel said, then casted a look my way.

“We aren't her parents, we can’t stop her.” Office Stephen said with defeat in his voice.

“She doesn't have them anymore if you didn't remember.”

“Of course, I remember that Tyler.”

“Whats up with you? You normally don't get attached to them, why her?”

“I’m not attached to her! I just think that if she wants to see them one last time alone before the funeral that she should.”

Officer Abel nodded and they both walked towards me.
Image
I slowly opened the door with a shaking hand. Did I really want to see them again? Yes.

I pushed the door closed behind me and looked up. I was greeted with the same two bed with sheets covering their bodies and faces. I walked over to a chair that was placed in the middle of the beds. I turned to face my mom.

“I’m really going to miss you, mom. I’m already counting down the days until we meet again.”

Then I turned to face by dad.

“I will always be your little girl daddy. No matter how much I teased you that I was growing up and didn't need you anymore. I’m always going to need you, I promise.”

Silence took over the room for a while, which left me with my thoughts. I reached to grab one of my mom's hands and one of my dad's hands. Ice cold.
I thought about everything they taught me, all the dreams they had for me, everything they won’t get to see me do.

“I will never stop loving either of you,” I said as I stood and kissed each of their foreheads, a single tear trailed down my face.