Cassie in Love

last

Over dinner, Cassie was able to focus on just being present with Nico. It was like any other day except instead of getting her normal glass of wine, she had to opt for water instead. Afterwards, they took a stroll into the zen garden in the back of the restaurant. They walked hand in hand and Cassie knew there might never be a better feeling that being with Nico; he fit her so perfectly and even helped her step out of her comfort zone when needed. No guy she'd ever dated in the past had made her heart beat so fiercely with just a glance.

They wound up back at Cassie's apartment for the night and had hardly gotten through the door before they were at each other, hands and lips everywhere. Nico playfully chased her into her bedroom and soon their clothes were on the floor. Cassie crawled seductively on top of him and they sought to fulfill each other's carnal desires.

Nico fell asleep right after, as he often did, and Cassie stayed awake to trace her finger over the muscles of his stomach. No one would've guessed that under all of his white t-shirts and leather jackets was such a magnificent body and Cassie sure as hell was surprised to discover he was a phenom in bed. On countless occasions, he'd brought her to such an intense climax, tears would stream down her face.

As she was about to place a kiss on Nico's shoulder, Cassie was hit with a wave of nausea. She rushed naked into the bathroom and heaved up half of her dinner. She wiped her bottom lip and flushed before easing down onto the cold tile floor. I can't do this alone. I have to tell him.

Cassie was startled by a knock at the door. "You okay in there sweetheart?" Nico asked.

"Yeah," she said, using the sink to stand up. "Just brushing my teeth." She plucked her toothbrush from it's place next to Nico's and brushed any remaining bile from her mouth. Cassie smiled widely at herself in the mirror and gave a reassuring nod. It was now or never.

She opened the door to find Nico, in nothing but boxers, patiently waiting.

"Will you marry me?" he'd asked just as she was saying, "I'm pregnant."

Cassie scrunched up her nose. "Wait, what'd you say?"

Nico frowned and hesitated. "...I said will you marry me. What'd you say?"

"I said that I'm pregnant." She kept her brown eyes on his.

"Cassie..." Nico took a step closer and the corner of his mouth twitched up into a smile. "I love you. Nothing would make me happier than marrying you and raising a child with you."

Tears pricked the corners of Cassie's eyes as Nico wrapped his arms around her. She buried her face into his bare chest. "I love you too."

He cupped her face and kissed her. "We're going to have a baby?"

Cassie chuckled and a couple of tears fell as Nico put his hand on her stomach. "Yeah, we're going to have a baby."