Status: gay gay gay

Constellation Hearts

lover of the night

The roof had become their favourite meeting place; they would create a bed of tangled up blankets and pillows and lay for hours, staring up at the twinkling stars. Lila would point out the constellations, her thin fingers weaving their way through the sky as she connected the dots, and Amora would do the same with Lila’s skin, running her soft fingers down her back, connecting the freckles together like they had a deeper hidden meaning.

The stars were especially bright when they found themselves in their spot that night; blinking in subtle synchronicity as their eyes rested upon the sky. Music that was unfamiliar to both of them played softly out of the radio that Lila had snuck out of her dad’s garage, the words colliding with the wind as it carried them away. Amora spoke softly, her head resting on Lila’s shoulder so her breath easily found its way to her ear.

“Does it ever make you feel small?” she questioned, her eyes turning upwards to catch Lila’s “when you think of how big the universe it?”

Lila smiled, her lips morphing just enough to wrinkle the corners of her eyes. She moved towards Amora, her lips brushing against the corner of her mouth, and whispered a short “I love you”, the words floating up and disappearing into the night sky.

Amora’s hand moved up, running her fingers across the freckles that spread across Lila’s cheeks, attempting to connect her dots as she sighed lightly, “to the moon and back.”