Status: Still coming up with ideas

You Had Me at First Sight

Kansas

I wrote and wrote and wrote until the anger came out of me. I needed to rid this feeling. Jeremy was engaged. I was indeed happy for him and how he had someone to share his life with, Something I didn't think of too much since she was always there.

"Mike, were all going to the bar down the road, it'd be good for you to get out and get air! breathe a bit, drink a beer." Chris was persistent.

I had become a bit irritable for all the obvious reasons. I was in no mood to go out, we've been working on this new record for only 3 days and I needed more time.

"Karee, Sally and everyone else are going to meet us, come on it'll be good for you! you've been a bit on edge so lets go!"

He took the notebook right from my hands and pulled me off the navy blue sofa. I was annoyed at this point but then realized that it might not be such a bad thing. Seeing everyone I do care about.
We arrived at the Blue Lagoon Bar downtown from the studio, It was very much packed and there were a lot of drunk people. They looked happy nothing was wrong, nothing was aching them their hearts were in a disguise. Chris was right this was just the thing.

On the other side of the bar I saw Jeremy, Daniel and Andy. Chris and Andy's girlfriend's Courtney and Sally were already at the table sitting along with some other friends.

"Karee's on her way she'll be a few minutes, She decided to pick up her other ''bestie'' her name is Elizabeth. I've met her quite a number of times, She hasn't met you guys yet but you'll like her a lot. She's pretty great"

Jeremy was excited she was on her way and this girl she's bringing. I'm pretty shy and don't talk easily to people I don't know. But I don't want to make a complete ass of myself.

Incoming laughing very loud, in a packed bar you could still hear Karee's laughter. Her bright rosy red hair popped out at you as well in a sea of people. Directly behind her must have been her friend. She was putting her black pea coat up so all I saw was her long brunette hair her fitted t shirt and blue jeans. She turned and looked over a brief moment trying to find Karee.

I would be lying to myself and all of Chicago if I said she was not beautiful, She was radiant almost had this glowing effect to her. This could be the beer, I've had 2 working on my third at this point which is probably why she looked like she had a halo around her perfect figure.

They made there way to the table we all got up to greet them.
"Hey guys! sorry i'm late, needed to get Elizabeth out of the house! oh! sorry Guys! this is Elizabeth"
"Elizabeth, this is everyone" Karee went on to introduce but I sort of phased out and heard silence while I couldn't help but stare at her.
"This is Mike, he's usually quiet but not when he's had a beer! hello! Mike, you there?"
I snapped out of it.
"Oh, forgive me. I paused and laughed in ridiculousness.
"Hi, I'm Mike."
She laughed and shook my hand "Hi Mike, I'm Elizabeth. it's lovely to meet you"

My heart beat ran fast. I could no longer speak.