Status: Still coming up with ideas

You Had Me at First Sight

Escape

She had me in a trance my eyes grew wide and my stomach was in knots. She was lovely her hair bounced with waves, her red lips and perfect eyes. She wore a blue velvet mini dress and her coat with black satin flats she looked like she came out of a magazine.

"I hope i'm not too early" I claimed worried since I was indeed 10 minutes early.

"No, not at all, I'm glad you're here. I'm ready when you are." I took her hand and she came gracefully down the stairs, we walked quietly into the cool Chicago air.

I was planning on surprising her; taking her somewhere sweet and calming. The walk allowed us to enjoy the city lights that were simply everywhere and I will always be mesmerized by them. While we walked I noticed how much the city captivated her as well.

"Where are you taking me? this is a bit of a walk not that I mind but, these shoes can tire a girl out" She stopped for a brief moment and began walking again.

"Eff, trust me on this, I think you'll be pleased" I turned and faced her, she nodded softly. I took her hand and began to walk a few more inches. We were literally right where we needed to be.

"Are we going out there? oh how lovely. It's like a dream" She danced around me, her waves bouncing around her head. She truly looked more beautiful with the lights hitting the right angles of her face, her legs roaming all around me. I really wanted to hold her, but was still to hesitant.

I didn't want to scare her off or scare myself.

"This is Lake Shore Park, I was thinking a picnic and I have made us dinner, I hope you don't mind something vegan? If so I brought pizza as well!"

"Ah! yes, I love both, why not eat both" Her eyes grew wide and we laughed.

"It is so beautiful out here everything is so romantic. I had an inkling that you might have a dash of romanticism in you Michael." I wanted to hear her speak all night and she wasn't wrong I am a shy romantic by nature.

I set the blanket and cooler with everything in it down. I couldn't help watching her. She was so perfect. She did leave her pea-coat on because it was a bit chilly.

We were about 2 hours into our date and it was going well we talked about so many things from childhood where she came from which was actually New York City, she had said she moved when she was 18 to find herself and her inner being.

Which, I didn't blame her that's why I did it. We got on the subject of books, art and literature she was so intelligent and so much more than you'd ever think just by watching her.

After a few glasses of wine and a beer or two we continued our date and opened up to each other. I told her about touring, starting warped tour, my ex girlfriend popped up in conversation given some of this album is about her. She told me about hers as well, which happened to be a musician as well, he wasn't someone I'd call a good person either.

I took her hand and held in place "I'm really glad you're here with me right now, this must be a lot for you and well, for me"

"I am too, I'm proud that we were able to open up so quickly, you know I am a closer. I don't open too easily but with you it was fairly simple. I don't know how that was possible." She slid closer to me she wasn't very drunk but she did have a slight buzz which I didn't mind at all.

"I really like you, You have such wonder in your spirit Michael James" She slid even closer to me and whispered. I shuddered smiling to myself

"I really like you too Elizabeth" She pulled her face closer to mine. I stared into her endless eyes not wanting to turn away.

Slowly, I pressed my lips onto her's, kissing her softly. She tasted like vanilla cream. She was in complete surprise but kissed me back, I felt her shiver which made me kiss harder my heart was pounding and we mutually stopped not wanting it to go to far.

We pulled away softly and smiled at one another.

"It's getting a bit late I'm thinking we start heading back?" We agreed
I did have to be at the studio again the next morning so I did need to get some sleep in, not that I would. I see myself awake the rest of the night trying to come down from this natural high.

While walking back to her apartment she turned. "Thank you for this, it was wonderful."

"My pleasure princess, but your company made it worth while. Will you be stopping by the studio tomorrow with the girls?"

"Unfortunately, not I have some work I need to do the next two days! When are you free again?"

"Hm, Would want to do this again say Saturday? were doing a charity show that night but I was thinking after?" I asked quietly using my finger to trace her jawline.

"I'd love that" She came down two steps and kissed me on my cheek. My heart fluttered

"Goodnight Elizabeth"
"Goodnight Michael"

That night since a long time I felt like I'd sleep well.