Status: Still coming up with ideas

You Had Me at First Sight

Chicago

We finished dinner and proceeded to walk around the city and on our way to my place. Arms linked, my heart was aching with a yearning I didn't realize I needed.

As the night went on she seemed to have changed in her demeanor in a way that I wasn't sure about. What was she thinking? Had I said something?

Staring at her with her gorgeous golden eyes. I bit my lip and she inched her lips towards mine hesitantly, and I touched her lips with mine. We made it to my place I opened the door just as she made it to my side.

We entered my little home and she was greeted by Marj, Marj ran so fast to her it made me smile. If Marj loves her that means a lot to me.

"Want a beer?"

"Yeah, sure. Thanks"

"Oh, well, ain't this place just so cute! i love it" She laughed wandering around making her way to the balcony. she turned and faced me "Quite a view, Hranica."

"It looks better with you right in front of it all." She smiled and I could tell she became red.

"You're crazy" She stated

"How am I crazy? Where could that statement come into play?" I was confused but laughed at the idea that she doesn't believe it.

"I don't know, I mean, I've heard all this before and you know what's crazy is that it was all meaningless." She stared at the Chicago night sky. Her face was beautiful

"Why, because you thought they were quote on quote, what does Jeremy call it, pulling your leg?" We laughed in unison

"Does he really say that? So 2005" She claimed

"No, I don't know, I mean even if they were I wouldn't care but the weirdest part is that you say it and I hear it. I've never had it happen that way."

"And so, this might be a bad time to ask."

"What exactly are we doing Mike? " We looked at each other

"I don't want to be a rebound or a subject for material" She expressed herself, made a statement that I personally had not thought about.

"You're not, Eff, believe me this isn't something I had planned out specifically. I saw you and my feelings changed. I really adore you and your company you've made things easier for me. I am hoping you feel the same." She nodded

"I do, I just- I just don't want to get hurt."

"I'm not going to hurt you." I searched her face and honestly, I will be sincere.

"I really want to believe that, I've been burned by having that faith just as you have. It's fear I guess. The fear of being let down and going through all of it again

"What about you? Don't you feel that way?" I searched for an expression, I wanted to answer with what my gut felt.

I understood what she meant and all the emotions I was going through, the similarity, the fear. But I wasn't going to allow it to take this away, not this time.

"I do understand how you feel, all to well, however I'm not going to allow it to ruin me anymore. I don't think we should let anyone or anything have that power though."

"I wouldn't be putting myself in this type of situation if I didn't feel something. I'm not the type and I take it that you aren't either. My feelings for you are real."

She looked up at me with this sigh of relief and an overwhelming feeling of anxiety, but the good kind. She smirked at me and we embraced each other with another kiss.

She fell off of her toes and onto the balls of her feet as the kiss ended, biting her lip and smiling.

Everything felt perfect as her heart beat loudly and wildly. The silence suited us just fine. Effs breathing returned to normal but I had this outrageous feeling urge to want to pinch myself.

"Given with all that we've discussed this evening and in general I have been thinking and I don't know, I mean, I've been thinking about it a lot lately actually." I could hear the sound of soft Italian music playing on the patio.

Lights were strung up on the small trees in front from this restaurant that was around the corner.

"That was a coincidence, I swear" We laughed and Eff rolled her eyes

"It was too great! and what have you been thinking Hranica? It seems you think too much maybe?"
Well, she wasn't entirely wrong, Clearly.

"With my honesty and sincerity, Would you be my girlfriend? Do you want to try this with me?"

She didn't have an immediate answer and It felt like an eternity I really did not want to make an ass of myself right now.