Whispers of the Moon

Chapter Six

*Arsen*

For the next few days we didn’t even leave the room. Mother knows better than to interrupt me and she just sends someone to bring us food. When we do finally resurface it’s to show my baby girl around and introduce her to the pack. Some of the Elders were on their best behavior and the others… well let’s just say I would have a chat with them later about respecting their Alpha’s new mate. There is still a group that took some of the pups deep into the wooded area for training and hunting. Of course, since summer is going to end soon, they must return.

Even though I’ve been able to keep her occupied a lot during the day and most of the night I still can’t seem to help her in her dreams. Emily’s dreams have been getting worse. She tries to play it off like it’s nothing but I can truly see that they bother her. My mother for once in her life can’t seem to tell us why she is getting those dreams but only points out that all will be well. I don’t like seeing her worry but there is nothing I can do. We’re just finishing breakfast and I think about taking her for a ride on the Jet Ski.

“So I was thinking,” she interrupts my thoughts. Well, this should be good. “We have hardy left your room and,”

“Our room.” She blushes at my interruption.

“Yes, our room and we spend most of it naked,” she pauses and her cheeks burn brighter at her own words. “Anyways I was hoping to run back home and grab some clothes.” How stupid can I be? Of course she needs clothes. So far she’s been borrowing from pack members that are about her same size but I should have thought about it sooner.

“Of course, baby, we can go right now if you want.” She beams at me and nods. I wait for her to finish her meal and we head out to the car. On the drive over I hold her hand and can’t think of anything I wouldn’t do for her. It’s starting to drive my wolf crazy knowing that she still has that old mansion to herself and all her stuff is there. Not for long. “When we get there you can tell everyone to pack their things as well so they can move to the Valentine residence.” There! That should calm my wolf down a bit until it’s done.

“What? No.” It takes a while for me to process what I just heard. Did she say no? She doesn’t want to move back with us? My wolf growls at the thought.

“WHAT?!?!” It comes out a little harsher than I intended so I clear my throat and try again. “What do you mean, no? You are my mate! You belong next to me! You no longer need that place and it makes no sense to keep people there when you won’t be spending any time there.” Much better and my animal fully agrees with me.

“I don’t think I need to explain to you why I want to keep the house occupied.” She crosses her arms and turns up her little nose and as irritated as I am I still find that extremely adorable. “You are mine as much as I am yours.”

“Without a doubt!”

“So if I were to say that I don’t want to live at your place and that I much rather prefer mine?” This exasperating woman is going to drive me mad. I have to pull over before she makes me crash.

“Baby,” I turn off the car and look at her while she stares out of the window pretending I don’t exist. “Emily look at me.” I have to wait for her to meet my gaze. “If you’re not happy with our home we can live where ever you want. Heck I would even build you a new place, but you have to tell me.”

“I just feel like everything there is yours and I’m just a guest that’s overstayed her welcome.” I unbuckle both of our seat belts and pull her over so she’s straddling me. Her skirt rides up as I grab her hips and push my denim covered dick onto her soaked cotton panties.

“Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?” I stare at her incredible violet eyes as they darken with arousal. “Everything I own, no scratch that, everything I am is yours. It doesn’t matter to me where we live. As long as I am with you I’m the luckiest man alive.” The smile she gives me is all I need. It fills me with joy knowing that I will be able to see that for the rest of our lives. “I know that this may be going too fast for you but I wouldn’t have it any other way. You’re stuck with me, love.” I bring her face down to mine and I can’t help but moan at her taste as our lips meet and she tries to get closer to my cock. Nothing gets better than that. Nothing.

*****

*Emily*

After our little three hour detour on the side of the road we finally make it to the house. As we pull up we see a car parked in the front. I don’t recognize whose it is and by the look of it neither does Arsen. “Wait here, baby, I’m going to check it out.” I watch him get out of the car and cautiously approach the sleek black sports car. I don’t have a good feeling about this and as I see Arsen disappear to check the back part of the house I get out of the car and slowly walk towards the front door.

“Well it certainly didn’t take you long to find someone else to fuck.” That voice, it sends chills down my spine and I freeze. I had hoped to never hear that voice ever again in my life. “And a wolf by the looks of it.” I hear him sniff the air behind me as I start to slowly turn around. “So you went and got yourself turned too?”

Finally I’m facing him and I stare at a very weak and fragile looking Rick. Why was I ever scared of him? “Rick,” I whisper trying to keep my calm until my man comes back. I won’t go back with him and I’m prepared to fight if I have to. “what… what are you d-doing here?” And how does he know I’m a wolf? I try and make my voice sound a bit scared. Make him think he has the advantage.

“I’ve been searching for you for months now.” He looks worse than I remember. His hair is long and shaggy and he looks like he hasn’t had a decent shower in days. He smells like… like some sort of animal.

Hyena

I don’t know why I know that but I just do. “You belong to me,” his scratchy voice yells at me. “I’m here to take you back with me.” He takes a step forward grabbing my arm and dragging me towards his car.

“Let me go!” I half growl at him. My wolf doesn’t seem to like him touching me either. I look around trying to find Arsen. I’m so distracted that I don’t see the fist that connects with my face.

“You fucking bitch!” he yells as I clutch the right side of my face. Motherfucker! That hurt! “Did you really think that I wasn’t going to find out about the money the old hag left you?” before I can respond to him I see him being lifted and thrown like a sack of potatoes.

“You dare lay a hand on my mate?!?” Arsen to the rescue! I could have taken him but I’ll let him have this one. “She doesn’t belong to you! She’s mine!” he finished that statement by landing a right hook to the jaw.

Rick wipes the blood from his mouth. “Fine, you can have the whore!” he spits on the ground. “She was a lousy fuck anyways.” Wow this guy really has a death wish. I’ve never seen my mate so fired up and the urge to kill shows in his eyes. I’m pretty sure Rick can tell because he shuts the hell up and I can smell his fear.

“You get as far as you can. If I ever see you again you won’t live to tell the tale.” Without another word Rick runs to his car and drives out of there as if the hounds of hell were chasing him. Arsen quickly rushes to my side and inspects my face. He places a gentle kiss on my cheek where I know that I will have a bruise tomorrow. “I should have killed him when I had the chance.” He hugs me to him and then guides me to the front door where Patrick, ever so ready, opens the door. He gets a good whiff of me and hurries to bow, showing his respect. It’s so silly that he does that.

“Patrick,” Arsen addresses him.

“Alpha,” Pat bows his head to him as well.

“Please go and tell the rest of the staff to get all of their things,” he says after Pat lifts his head, “And you as well, you’re all coming back to the main house.” Pat bows once more and hurries off. I’m clinging to Arsen’s arm like he’s going to disappear. “C’mon baby,” he starts leading me up the stairs, “let’s go get some of your things and I’ll send someone else to get the rest later.”

As I start packing some of my essentials I realize that I will go wherever this man is. It’s been such a short time but I am irrevocably in love with him. He’s more than proved how much I mean to him. I look forward to spending the rest of our lives together. Finally having finished packing some clothes and necessities we hurriedly head back to the house.

I’m more impatient than ever to get behind closed doors because I can smell how turned on he is and I can’t help but tease him a bit. As he’s driving I lean over a little towards him and rest my hand on his inner thigh. His scent just got a whole lot stronger.

“Angel,” he says behind gritted teeth, “you’re playing with fire.” I move my hand up a little closer to the bulge that’s straining against his jeans. “I will pull this car over and spank you if you don’t wait.” He says and I let my nails graze him and he sucks in a breath. At that point the car screeches to a halt and it looks like we might have another three hour detour on the side of the road. I just can’t seem to get enough of this man.

Four hours later and back at the house…

Well at least we made it back at the house in time to meet the group that was out on a hunt and hadn’t heard about their Alpha’s new mate. Just that little trip alone cost us the entire day and I was starting to get hungry. Arsen sure knows how to show a girl a good time. As soon as he parks the car I get out and go to the trunk to start unloading some stuff. Arsen is just getting out as I get back there and I see a group appear from behind the trees by the side of the house. They all spot their Alpha and walk towards him. I’m being hidden by the trunk lid so they don’t see me. Neither does the little blonde bimbo who decides to yell out my man’s name and charge towards him at full speed.

“Arsen!” she launches herself at him and hugs him. To his credit he tries to shake her off of him but she’s a persistent little tic and starts rubbing herself all over him. “I missed you so much.” She pouts at him as I see her breasts rubbing up and down his arm. I see red and my wolf growls. At that moment any coherent thoughts I had fly out of my head and I do what comes naturally to me. I attack.

****

*Arsen*

Great the group is back.

“Arsen!” Fuck. So is Rachel. I forgot she was with the group that hadn’t heard about my new mating yet. Emily is by the trunk as I see the group headed towards me and Rachel sprinting my way. Before I can move she’s on me like white on rice. My wolf doesn’t like the feel of another woman touching us. “I missed you so much.” I never realized how annoying she sounded. Right before I try and shake her off again I hear a growl come from behind me and then suddenly Rachel is yanked away from me and thrown on the ground.

On top of her is nothing more than my little fireball and she’s pounding Rachel’s head into the ground. As I run towards them to break it up my girl has already shifted into her beautiful white wolf and Rachel sensing the threat also shifts into her gray wolf. I get in between them before someone gets hurt.

“Shift back, now!” I command them both and wait for them to comply. When they’re both back in human form Emily steps threateningly towards Rachel.

“You stay the fuck away from my man,” she yells at her as I hold onto her so she doesn’t hurt herself trying to get to Rachel. “Next time I see you touch him I’ll kill you, bitch!” despite what’s happening I love the possessive and jealous rage she’s showing.

“Who the fuck are you!?!” Rachel decides to scream back. My wolf doesn’t like the disrespect in her tone.

“You don’t speak to my mate like that!” I snarl at her and watch her eyes widen in shock. At this point everyone heard what was going on and the entire pack is outside watching the commotion. I turn to address everyone especially Rachel and the new group that just arrived. “For those of you who were out and don’t know,” I’m still holding on to Emily just in case, “This is my mate! You will show her respect or you can go Lone.” I stare directly at Rachel. Everyone knows better than to argue with me because becoming Lone Wolf is the biggest shame of all for a wolf.

“I’m calm,” Emily says as she leaves my grasp and walks towards Rachel, “listen here you little whore,” I’ve never seen her pissed off before, it’s kind of hot. “I will let you off this once because you had no way of knowing, but if I ever catch you even sniff in his direction I will gut you and strangle you with your own intestines. Do I make myself CLEAR?!?” her wolf is showing and Rachel bows her head to her in submission.

“Yes, Luna.” She whispers before she scurries off. I walk up behind her and lean down to whisper in her ear.

“That was so hot.” I inhale her scent and realize that the rest of the pack is still staring at us. “You’re all dismissed.” Everyone starts to head back into the house and as I’m about to pick up my mate and carry her upstairs an unknown car pulls up to the house. I grab her hand and pull her close to me as a tall well-dressed man climbs out of the car and walks towards us.

“Can I help you?” I ask the man as he approaches us. The man stands in front of us and I get a whiff of his scent. Wolf. He smells strangely familiar too. He pulls off his sun glasses to reveal purple eyes as he stares at my mate.

“Emily,” he whispers but we hear him clearly, “you look just like your grandmother.” She squeezes my hand at the mention of her grandma.

“How do you know me, or my grandmother?” he grins.

“How rude of me, I’ve been searching for you everywhere,” he says, “I can’t believe I finally found you, my name is Alexander Silver, I am your grandfather and you are next in line to become Alpha of the Silver Pack.”