Status: finished

Innocence

4

While Zim's emotional state seemed to crumble in the depths of his rented room, two other band members were left at the bar, pondering openly about what could be wrong with their friend.

"Something's just not right" said Manson, "it seemed like he was hiding something."

Pogo took a drink of his beer and shrugged, "Drug use?"

Manson shook his head, "I don't know, but why would he do drugs by himself, when he knows he's got friends to do them with?" he asked.

"Well, the way I see it, there are three options," Pogo said. He held up one finger, "He's ashamed," he held up two fingers, "it's something we would never suspect he'd do," he held up a third finger and chuckled slightly, "or he just doesn't wanna share his dope."

Manson nodded, "those are certainly options, but I don't know," he took a drink, "he seems sober, lately, and depressed."

"Dude, maybe he was just jackin' it," Pogo laughed. Manson didn't find it that funny, as he looked at the keyboardist with concern upon his face. Pogo snorted, "You know Mazz, I've never seen you so hellbent on helping someone, before. You got the hots for Zim or something?" He winked and poked his elbow at the unimpressed front man.

"Shut up," He said, "I just think something's wrong."

"Well, what do you think is happening with Zim, then?" asked Pogo.

Manson shook his head and pondered the question for a moment. "Maybe.....he's cutting?"

Pogo laughed out loud at the singer's answer, "Okay...that's funny. You're big tough guy Marilyn Manson. You slice yourself on stage all the time, along with a bunch of other socially obscene things. And you're...you're worried that Zim may or may not be cutting?" He looked at Manson with slight disbelief.

Manson sighed, not sure of what to say, "Look, I don't know what's wrong with him, but I don't want it effecting his playing."

After a moment of thought, Pogo nodded. "Well, just keep an eye on him, then. We'll confront him if needed. That's all I have to say." He got up from his seat, and quickly turned his attention to an under dressed woman across the room. Manson sat there and thought about having a talk with Zim. He figured it couldn't hurt, but if things were to get ugly, he knew he would be in search for a replacement guitarist.

Manson sighed and finished off his absinthe, before deciding to call it a night.