Status: One Shot

Saints

Rise Of The Dead

“Every few hundred years, a soul is born into this world. A soul of purity and light. One so loving and bright, no one can resist the temptation. A heart of pure gold, a mind of intelligence, and a personality of trust. This soul is destined to do great things. Amazing and wonderful things! This soul is the reincarnation of greatness and good! A force of light that cannot be ignored! Everyone will come to love them...

And when that soul makes its presence..they will come out to play.

Their hunger will be unlike you’ve ever seen

They..are a force to be reckoned with.

And their hearts...are black as coal.”


Image

October 1886, London.

Day:


“Did you hear?”

“Hear what?”

“William Gladstone just became the prime minister..”

“Again? This is like the third time!” Cinderella listened to the mindless chatter of pedestrians as she attempted to make her way through the crowded streets of London. She was on her way back home from the market. She was sent by her stepmother, Linda, to retrieve food items needed to make dinner for the night. But she was running late due to that fact that the sidewalks were filled with people going on about their day. Cinderella wished that they would get a clue and walk faster. She didn’t like being late, especially when it comes to her Linda. Whenever Cinderella displeased her, she would receive consequences. Extra chores or a night without supper. Whichever her stepmother wanted.

Cinderella began to grow very impatient as she came across an even bigger crowd. Townspeople were gathered around the main square. There was a podium set up on a stage that sat in the very heart of the square. There were guards are there horses looking very serious and were ready to kill something that even so much as twitched. There stood the messenger behind the podium reading from a scroll. People were shushing each other so that they could hear what he had to say. I recognized him to be the messenger of one of the most richest families in London. The Cree family of course. The head of the family Sebastian Cree, had a wife named Sarah Cree. It was to my understanding that they had a son Alastair Cree. But they were rarely ever seen. Only those lucky enough to be invited to one of their many gallant parties were lucky enough to meet them.

Cinderella, like the rest of them, were inclined to listen.

“Good afternoon my lovely ladies and gentlemen. I come to you with great news! Wonderful and amazing news!” Cinderella wasn’t sure if anyone else had noticed but the messenger didn’t sound as genuine as he tried to make them believe. Cinderella knew she was going to be even more late. But she was just too curious.

“The son of Sebastian and Sarah Cree has decided to marry!!” He announced and immediately there were excited whispers and cheers within the crowd. The ladies in particular. Cinderella herself felt hopeful that somehow she would be the one. If you were to marry the son of the richest family in London, then you would inherit the fortune. Every woman’s dream in this time. But deep down, Cinderella knew she didn’t have a chance. But she still listened to the messenger.

“Tomorrow evening there will be an extravagant ball! Where every young lady of age will be invited to attend! The ball will be held at the Grand Hall in the main square at 7:00 pm. I hope to see you all there. Have a wonderful evening” Cheers erupted from the townspeople and that was Cinderella’s cue to leave.

Rushing through the crowds, she made it home just in time before she would get the punishment of sleeping outside. She wasn’t so concerned about the punishment that she would receive. She had wonderful news for her stepmother and stepsisters, Alana and Annabell. Hopefully it would distract them from the fact that she was late.

Cinderella finally managed to get home without injury from trying to push her way through the crowd. Once she got through the door, just as she feared, her stepmother was not amused. Right off the bat, she gave Cinderella a stare that could send chills down your spine. Her father was out working so he couldn’t help her.

“I know I know! I’m very late but the streets were so crowded!” Cinderella tried to explain to her stepmother before she would lose it. But her face did not budge. Instead she cocked an eyebrow. She was dressed in her normal tightly fitted corset dress, a slightly tattered shaw and no shoes. Her stepmother’s long black hair was messy and knotted, as if she didn’t care much about her appearance. Well..in reality she didn’t.

“Even with crowded streets..you shouldn’t be this late” She countered Cinderella. Cinderella was putting away groceries just to avoid looking at her stepmother.

“That is true but I have wonderful news! The Cree family has a son who has decided to marry! There is going to be a party and everything tomorrow night! I was thinking that Alana and Annabell could go to the party!” Cinderella was hoping that it would distract her stepmother and she was satisfied to see that it indeed did work. She turned to see her stepmother with an excited look on her face. She had her hands scrunched together like a child getting a present on their birthday party. All traces of anger seemed to be gone and Cinderella couldn’t be more happier.

“Wonderful news indeed! To imagine that one of my girls were to be chosen to marry the son of the wealthiest family in London! We would be set for life instead of struggling to get by with your father’s cheap paying farming job” Her stepmother’s scowl had returned at the mention of Cinderella’s father, Joseph. Cinderella bowed her head in shame. She did not like when her father was ridiculed. But she didn’t dare speak on it. Instead she stayed simply silent on the matter. Instead she decided to ask something different. She already knew the answer but she couldn’t help but hope. With a tremble in her voice, Cinderella spoke.

“Stepmother...I know it seems rash...but may I attend the party?” Cinderella hoped that for once her stepmother would have some type of sympathy for her. She hoped that her stepmother would be gracious enough. But her hope was foolish and she knew it. Instead, her stepmother let out a cruel chuckle.

“Cinderella you look like you’ve been walked on with the dirtiest shoes imaginable. This is a chance to get ourselves out of the poverty that your father has forsaken us to. I will not have it ruined by an ugly little girl like you” Her words cut Cinderella deep and she could feel the tears stinging at her eyes. But she refused to cry, no matter how hurt she was, she refused to show how hurt she was. Instead, she kept a straight face and nodded to this evil creature called a woman.

“Yes..you are correct. I’m sorry to even mention it..” Cinderella’s voice was quiet and emotionless. She bowed her head in an apologizing manner and began to prepare dinner. How foolish she was to even think that there would be a chance...how foolish.

Image

Night:
Everyone was sleeping cozy in their beds. Completely unaware of the things that happened in the night. They were oblivious. But they weren’t missing out on anything special. A few bumps in the night was all it was….But tonight was different. Tonight was going to be different.

Light...he could see light...The light from the pale moon shining so bright. The excitement was brewing in his dead heart. They all could feel this. The power of life was among them. Despite the wooden sheet that covered his corpse, he could see the light. Shining so bright..

“It’s time” He thought to himself. He was so excited. They were so excited.

With the strength he had built up for the past few hundred years, he pushed against the wooden case the had enclosed him for nearly 500 years. He was happy to finally be rid of it.

The wooden lid creaked and groaned in protest has he pushed it upwards. It had not been moved in centuries, so the moment he could see the light clearer now, the lid snapped off the hinges with no issue and fell to the ground. It made a loud smack and shattered to pieces.

“Oops” He thought before finally sitting up. The cold air of the night crawled around on his skin, making him shiver in just the slightest movement. He looked around, his neck muscles cracking in response. With a smirk, he got out of the coffin and stood up straight, stretching out his unmoved muscles. It felt wonderful to him. He was finally free for the time being and he wasn’t going to waste it. He looked around, observing the broken down mansion that they had used to conceal themselves for so long. No one could ever find it..so it was perfect. They had called this place home.

He began to regain control of his body, it was harder this time because he was asleep longer. But now it was time to wake up. After so so long...it was time to wake up.

Speaking of waking up, his comrades were still snoozing. He expected nothing less of them. He looked around to see the coffins still unopened. He shook his head and muttered “Lazy bastards” before speaking louder.

“Rise you pathetic bums. It’s time” His voice was strong and full of authority. A few moments had passed and he heard the protest and groans from his friends.

“Christopher!!” One of the coffins protested. He turned into the direction of the voice and recognized it to be Joshua.

“Don’t Christopher me. Get your lazy ass up. You’ve slept long enough” Christopher countered him and he heard a childish groan in response. Seconds later, coffin lids began to open and crash to the ground, just like this own. Christopher looked around to see his friends sitting up and yawning with a stretch. It had been so long since he had seen them, so the smile on his face was genuine.

“Is it time already? I feel like I’ve only been asleep for a few hours!” Richard whined as he rubbed his still tired eyes. Christopher rolled his eyes in response to his pouting comrade.

“It’s been 499 years since we last had our meal. You’ve been asleep long enough. And besides, tomorrow night is a special night gentlemen” Christopher knew that this would be the last time they would slumber for so long. Their demonic nature was coming to a close. He knew that soon...so so soon..they would never have to sleep again.

At the sound of his words, his comrades jumped out of their coffins with a newfound excitement and relief.

“Is it really going to be over Christopher?? Will we really be able to reign?” Christopher looked down to see Devin looking up at him. Considering Christopher was 6’2, he had to look down on people quite a lot. With a smile, he rested his hand upon the nape of Devin’s neck.

“For the past 2,000 years...we have been forced into a endless slumber. Only feeding on the purest souls every few hundred years. Our bodies could never be complete without them..until now that is. There is a soul out there...so pure..so bright I can almost taste it.” Christopher removed his hand and wandered over to the shattered window, staring up at the pale moonlight. The light shined upon his pale face, igniting the fire that burned in his deep brown eyes. He could feel this special soul...he knew exactly where to look.

“This will be the last time we have to rely on souls. Soon, our bodies will be complete. Our power will be at it’s highest peak...and we will reign with no mercy”

Image

Day:

Cinderella awoke bright and early to make sure that Alana and Annabell had their breakfast. The girls were surprised to find that their food was made before they could complain. Alana as usual criticized Cinderella’s cooking, although she did enjoy it thoroughly. Alana had an envy towards Cinderella. She was beautiful, talented and had a gentle nature. Everything that Alana wasn’t. Annabell was not as hostile as her mother or sister, but she too envied Cinderella. Her long flowing silver locks, her beautiful blue eyes, perfect slim figure. But Annabell did not voice her jealously. She simply stayed quiet and took advantage of the service her stepsister offered.

Alana and Annabell were extremely excited about the ball tonight. They both had beautiful party gowns that never got to be used. They have never been invited to any parties before. So this was a first. Exciting but also nerve wracking. One of them could be chosen to marry Alastair Cree and inherit many riches. They wanted to impress everyone. But they simply had no etiquette. Hopefully they would be able to maintain their appearances.

Their mother did not give them much time to enjoy breakfast. There was so much to be done. Hair, makeup, making sure their dresses still fit...so much. Cinderella of course was in charge of all of that. She was given the task to make her sisters look absolutely stunning. To the best of her abilities, she tried her best. Alana had mid length hair so Cinderella went with simple curls. Annabell had longer hair like her mother. Cinderella decided to curl her hair as well but pinned the curls up, so that her hair wouldn’t become a nuisance. Both of her sisters had fair skin, so she gave them both a soft pink blush on their cheeks, but after making sure their faces were clean. Or the whole look would be ruined. She gave Alana a striking red color of lipstick to really bring out her eyes and skin. Annabell was given a very soft pink just to enhance her lips. Cinderella was feeling very proud of her work. Her sisters looked absolutely stunning. To top it all off, she put little blue flowers in Annabell’s hair and one beautiful rose in Alana’s hair. The look was complete. Thankfully Cinderella had her step sisters put their dresses on beforehand.

By the time evening was starting to set in, Alana, Annabell and their mother was ready to go. Cinderella’s father was escorting them to the ball. He had asked Cinderella why she was not going. Instead of telling the truth, she simply said that she was not feeling well and wished to lay down. Like a father should, he granted her wish with no hesitation. He was concerned and wanted to stay, but Cinderella convinced him to enjoy the night with his wife.

She watched as they rode away in their carriage and Cinderella tried her hardest not to cry. But she couldn’t help it. She wanted to go so bad just to experience fun for the first time in her life. Ever since her mother died, she hasn’t known what the meaning of “Fun” was. She was only 6 when her mother passed, her life was just barely beginning. She hardly remembers any memories worth having. She only remembers the misery and pain of losing her mother. And ever since her dad married Linda, it’s only gotten worse. Linda and her mother were very different. Cinderella’s mother, Marilyn, was very gentle, sweet and kind. Cinderella remembers her being extremely beautiful. Linda is the exact opposite. She was beautiful, but her coldness made her ugly. Linda was hard, rough and commanding. She was sweet to her husband but to Cinderella, she was a witch. But Cinderella was so afraid of her, she didn’t dare speak a word. Her father was completely oblivious. Cinderella missed her mother so much. She wishes she could go to the ball with her mother. Instead she went back inside and cried, releasing the pain she held in for so long.

Image

Night:

Alastair did not want to be here. He sat boredly on one of the comfortable couches in the ballroom, just watching all the ladies and gentlemen having a good time. Even his parents were dancing and laughing, showing gratitude for their guest. This party was supposed to be about him. Instead, his parents stole the show. Which he was okay with since he didn’t want a party. He didn’t want to marry anyone. He was being forced into finding a wife. He just wanted to read his books and paint. He loved painting. Just sitting in his room, with the sun shining on his canvas as he painted a whole new world in his eyes.

But no, his parents didn’t want him wasting his time painting and reading. No, they wanted him to become a doctor like his father and take over the family business. They want him to find a nice young lady to wed. But he had no interest in being a doctor. He just wanted to paint! And all the ladies at this party did not catch his eye whatsoever.

He must have been looking bored out of his mind because he was shaken from his train of thought by one of his guest. Alastair looked up to see a petite girl in front of him. She looked young and gorgeous. But she did not ignite any spark in him. In the distance, he could see his mother watching him like a hawk. So instead of being rude, Alastair stood up straight and bowed slightly in front of the girl.

“Evening Miss. Would you like to dance?” He asked with as much feigning politeness as he could. She offered her hand and he took his graciously, leading her to the dance floor.

As they danced, he decided to get to know her a little better.

“May I ask your name?” Alastair asked before twirling her gently. She smiled at him but he could tell that it was superficial.

“Alana” She spoke. Alana was a pretty name, but the more he got to know her, the more he realized that she’s as deep as a puddle. She was shallow and didn’t care about anything other than herself.

Dance after dance, he realized that about a lot of the women there. They didn’t care about him, they only wanted a chance to get rich quick. They only wanted money. And Alastair refused to be used in such a way.

Alastair soon decided that he’s had enough and needed to step outside for awhile. While he was heading towards the door in a vain attempt at escape, he was stopped by his mother. She had a firm hold on his shoulder and was giving him a stern motherly stare.

“Just where do you think you’re going?” She asked with a stern curiosity. He gulped just the slightest and came up with a lie.

“I just need some air mum. It’s beginning to get crowded in here” He was hoping that she would just back off. She gave him a debating stare before removing her hand from his shoulder in defeat.

“I want you back in here in five minutes Alastair and I mean five minutes” Alastair had a history of being later than usual. So he knew why she repeated the five minutes. Alastair nodded with a slight blush and he walked out the front doors. There were some people hanging out on the front steps, some drinking and some smoking. Some of them whistled playfully in his direction but he just ignored them and kept on going about his business.

Alastair wandered around the mere empty town. There were just a few people out and about. Some looking sketchy but made no move in his direction. Most people were at the party so he was alone for the most part. It has been well over five minutes but Alastair didn’t care. He was enjoying time away from his family and those people. The night was a crisp and cold night. The moon was shining brightly. Which was perfect, it was Halloween tonight. Alastair pictured himself painting pumpkins and vampires, rather than spending his time with people who only wanted money. He’d rather take being scolded by his mother than to be around them for any second longer.

Cinderella had finally stopped her crying and was cleaning up the house. Well it was already cleaned but she was just tidying up. She wanted to occupy herself so that she wouldn’t think about the party. She was folding up some blankets when she heard a rustling outside. She paused for a moment before putting down the blankets and walking over to the front door, opening it. She looked out into the darkness and saw nothing but trees.

Cinderella was prepared to go back inside but she once again heard, this time she heard footsteps along with it. Fear began to build up in the pit of her stomach. No one usually came within the woods where her family lives. And if they were, they would be expected. Whoever this was, it was a stranger. As stupid as it is, Cinderella spoke.

“Hello? Who’s there?!” She called out. The footsteps stopped just a few feet away but she could not see anyone.

“Oh! I’m sorry Miss. I did not know that this place was occupied” The voice said softly and apologetic like. The man stepped out from the shadows and Cinderella noticed how tall he was. Easily over six feet. He had long black hair, lying on his shoulders heavily. From the distance she was, she could tell that it was slightly knotted. Like he had just gotten out of bed from a long sleep. His skin was a soft and pale white, so soft she fought the urge to walk over to him and touch him. His face was long and sharply pointed but it suited him. His eyes look dark and sunken in. He was beautiful but he looked to be so worn out.

There was something about him..she couldn’t quite put her finger on it. She just didn’t feel safe being anywhere near him. It was a feeling in the pit of her stomach. She wanted to run into her home, lock the doors and just be away from him. But she couldn’t move.

“May I ask your name Miss? How rude of me not to?” He asked with a mischievous chuckle. He was just toying with her. He knew who she was. But he loved to play games. Cinderella however was completely oblivious to what he was doing and he knew it. She still wanted to run but she didn’t want to make a scene.

“Cinderella..Cinderella Slater” She answered, trying to conceal the fear within her. Her voice did shake though, and he heard it. He smiled widely at her, his pearly white teeth gleaming underneath the pale moonlight.

“It’s lovely to meet you Miss Slater...I am Sir Christopher Cerulli” He bowed in respect of the lady in front of him. Cinderella decided that she’s had enough. This man terrified her and she didn’t want to be around him any longer.

“Well Sir Cerulli...It’s very lovely to meet you too..but I must be going back inside. It’s getting late. Goodnight” Cinderella was in a hurry but before she could even make a move, Sir Christopher was in her face. A gasp got caught in her throat and she froze, her blood running ice cold. He was smirking at her, his head tilted in arrogance. His eyes had a certain murderous look that chilled Cinderella to the bone. But what boggled her mind the most...was how he got here so quickly….he was feet away from her. Yards even and yet he was in her face within seconds. She remained frozen as she processed the moment. Christopher was leaning over her easily, that smirk never leaving.

“I wasn’t finished with you Miss Slater. How unladylike to end a conversation so prematurely?” His breath was ice cold against Cinderella’s face and she shivered. She could feel the tears brimming already. She was beyond terrified at this point.

“P-please Sir...I just want to go inside...please just leave me be” Her voice was so small and weak. And Christopher loved it! He loved it when his victims would beg and plead...The excitement was almost too much to contain.

“I would love for you to go inside Miss Slater...but I’m afraid that just won’t be the case..” Christopher smiled a toothy smile. His face had completely changed. His eyes went completely black, his canine teeth elongated into two pointed fangs and black pulsing veins began to grow from his eye sockets...he wants a terrifying monster. And before Cinderella could scream...Christopher grabbed her roughly and they were gone, in seconds…..

Alastair was definitely lost at this point. He had wandered way off from the town and was now lost in the woods. But he couldn’t help it. He was so taken by the scenery of this beautiful land. So many things he could paint. So many ideas! Although he knew that his mother was worried by now and he would be in big trouble, he couldn’t wait until he could paint.

He was trying to find his way back to the town but he wasn’t too worried. His parents would probably call in the army to come looking for him so he didn’t really worry so much. Alastair kept walking until he could see a faint light a little ways down a path. He felt excited because that must have been the town. So he began to head that way.

Alastair moved the various leaves and other plants out of his face as he made his way towards the light. He was getting closer and it started to look like a fire. That struck him as a little odd. Why would there be a fire in the town??? Walking closer, he realized what he had stumbled upon.

Instead of seeing townspeople and shops, he saw six individual men standing in a circle around a stone slab. The slab was in the middle of the circle. Surrounding the slab was six torches burning brightly. That was the light he saw…

Alastair immediately hid behind a tree. His eyes widening as he saw a girl laying on the slab, held down by ropes. The ropes were tied around her hands and her feet. There was what seemed like a metal muzzle on her mouth, silencing any noises she could have made. She was totally helpless and Alastair felt totally helpless as well. What are they doing to her?!?!

The tallest of them all stared at the girl, a smile on his face and his eyes wide with excitement. He opened his mouth to speak.

“Gentlemen...thousands of years ago we reigned this world with no mercy. We were the most powerful force this world has ever seen! No man would ever raise his hand him defiance...We had absolute power and control…”The man started and Alastair was confused. Who were these people!? What were these people?!

“But that was all taken away from us by the witches who dare to fight back. They confined us to eternal slumber...only waking up to feed on the purest soul this earth has to offer. But they made one fatal mistake...our bodies were becoming complete again. The more we fed, the closer we became to being whole again. And tonight...will be the last night we will ever have to suffer. Richard...Ryan..Joshua..Devin...and Angelo, please join me in the feast...to celebrate our wonderful new reign that is soon to come!!!” The man rejoined in happiness. Like clockwork, all the men joined hands and raised their arms up, smiling like evil idiots. Alastair was horrified...they were going to eat this girl!!!

Alastair knew he had to do something but before he could even make a move, the men began to chant in words he couldn’t even understand. As they began to chant, there was a glow beginning to form above the girl's body. It was red and it was growing fast. As if on cue, the girl began to squirm around on the slab and he heard muffled screams. His heart began to race. Alastair was so scared for the girl and for himself. What if he were to be discovered??? Surely he’d be next!!

But Alastair could not move from his spot. His body was frozen and compelling him to watch the evil happening right in front of him. His eyes were wide and his mouth agape.

The glow seemed to hover over her entire body, shining brilliantly before shooting down into the girl's body. Alastair jumped a little as her back arched into the air, the muffled screams getting louder.

“Let us feast gentlemen...and live again…” The man had spoke in full English.

“Yes...let us” Another voice spoke but this one was quieter..more whisper like..It came from the short man standing next to the leader. His long midnight hair concealed his face so Alastair could not see anything.

To Alastair’s utter horror, he watched in disgust as the men began to bite into her flesh, tearing it apart like wild animals. Immediately Alastair wanted to vomit. He was appalled by these vile creatures! He couldn’t believe what he was seeing!!! He knew that he had to get help! He had to get these evil beings captured and punished for this unspeakable act!

Just as he made the choice to run, the leader lifted his head from the wrist he was holding. His mouth was covered in blood and that’s when Alastair realized that they weren’t eating her..they were sucking her blood out. He began to feel sick all over again. He looked at the leader and noticed that his eyes were now completely black, black veins pulsing from his eye sockets. This man was not human...none of them were even remotely human! The tall creature was staring off into the distance but Alastair had a feeling that it was he who the man was looking at.

“Go ahead and run Alastair...it’s too late...far too late..” Alastair had never ran so fast in his life...he shot like a bullet through the forest, not even caring which way he went. He just wanted to get as far away from them as possible! Whoever these men were, they were evil and not even human! He had to get to the police and fast! This man knew his name. And Alastair had never seen this man in his life. Alastair didn’t know how he would ever explain this to anyone...but he had to try. No matter what, someone has to believe him….

Devin removed his mouth from the lifeless girl’s body, looking at Christopher.

“Should we go after him….?” He asked of Christopher. But he shook his head with a small smile.

“No...he’s not a problem...in just a few years time when we’ve had time to regenerate..he’ll be non existent..just like the rest of them my dear Devin..just like the rest of them…”

Image

1890:

Detective Michael McCallis was starting his first day on the job. He was just promoted to detective after he had found the killer of Mary Pearcy. His work was so amazing and fantastic he was immediately sent up the ranks. He was proud of his achievements and couldn’t wait until he would get harder cases.

Michael was sitting at his brand new desk in his brand new office. He was just sorting some things out and just trying to get used to the new title and space. He finished putting up the last photograph. It was a picture of him and his wife, Joanna. Although he was only 23, he married when he was young and had two children, a girl and a boy. He had a pretty happy life with his family and wouldn’t trade it for anything. With this new job, he was sure to get paid more and his family would have a more comfortable life.

Michael was brought out of his train of thought as someone knocked on his office door. He looked up, slightly startled. He wasn’t used to having an office.

“Yes come in” He called softly and the door opened, revealing one of the other detectives. Andrew Davis. He would mentor Michael until he learned the ropes and was able to go on his own. They were sort of like partners. Andrew was holding a file in his hand and he sat it on Michael’s desk.

“New case already? I’ve been here 10 minutes” Michael joked, causing Andrew to smirk. Michael opened the case file as Andrew began to speak.

“Unsolved murder 4 years ago. No convictions, so suspects, no evidence. Only thing we found was her body that was torn apart. And get this, it was drained of her blood!” Andrew attempted to sound mysterious at the end but they both ended up laughing. Michael shook his head in amusement as he read over the file. Cinderella Slater, 17 years old.

“Says here that there was a witness…” Michael commented and looked up at Andrew who shrugged before taking a seat.

“Yeah there was. Alastair Cree” He answered and Michael’s eye widened.

“Sebastian Cree’s son??” He asked, bewildered and Andrew nodded.

“Yep that’s him. He claimed he saw 6 men feeding from this girl. And he also said they were chanting in some old language and he saw a red light form over her body” Michael raised an eye because that sounded ridiculous.

“Well what happened?”

“He led police to the body and let me tell you, it was gruesome. Trust me, I was there. Her body was tied down to a stone slab, a muzzle over her face. She had bite marks all over her body and gashes. Poor girl looked like she died a horrible death. And her eyes were totally white” This case was getting extremely weird by the second. And this sparked Michael’s interest.

“What happened to the witness?” He asked and Andrew sighed a little. He sounded saddened really.

“He’s in the psychiatric ward. The story he told us was just ridiculous. One of the men he referred to as the “Tall Man”, supposedly had black eyes and black veins on his face and pointed teeth. He claimed that they were using some type of magic and was drinking her blood. The boy was crazy. He insisted his story was true and he began to get violent. Attacking anyone who didn’t believe him. Painting these horrible gruesome images. The poor lad just went totally insane and we had to lock him up” Michael sat back in his chair and folded his arms behind his head. He’s had many weird and unexplainable cases but this one was just...out of this world. He wasn’t too sure that he would be able to solve this case so easily. There were so many things to consider. He had to talk to the girl’s family, go to the crime scene, go over evidence...but one thing he knew for sure...he had to talk to this witness…….

Alastair sat staring out the window..his hands restrained by the tough white jacket around his body. His mind was utterly blank...he could feel nothing..no pain..no sadness...no happiness...nothing. He just sat...and stared out the window...watching the day go by so slowly. Watching people waste their lives away...he just watched…

This is what it’s been like for him for the past four years...just sitting there in that same spot..remembering that fateful night….never forgetting the Tall Man’s face..those black eyes of evil….

Was he crazy??? Was he really insane??? Did he really just make it all up?? That’s what they told him..that he just made it all up! It was just his imagination and vain attempt at attention...but Alastair knew that he didn’t make it up...No no of course not..he would never make it up...never ever…

Alastair heard his door open but he remained still, staring out the window like he usually did..like he always does.

“Alastair dear. There is someone here to see you..” His nurse spoke. Alastair had not had a visitor in 3 years..his parents stopped seeing him...they stopped caring.

“Thank you Miss” The man said to the nurse. She nodded and left at once, closing the door behind her. The man cleared his throat and spoke.

“Hello Mr. Cree… I’m detective Michael McCallis. I’m here just to ask you a few questions about the murder of Cinderella Slater...do you remember her?” Michael asked him carefully. Of course Alastair remembered her! How could he ever forget her??? He saw her...he saw her….saw it all….

Michael waited a few moments but Alastair did not speak. He didn’t even move. He just sat there and stared. So Michael continued.

“I understand that you saw her murder happen...you were there…” Michael said and still nothing. Alastair did not say a word or move a muscle. Michael sighed in impatience.

“Look Alastair..I know nobody believed you back then...but I’m here now and I believe you. I want to help you. But I can’t help you or anyone if you don’t tell me what you saw that night. What you really saw that night. We can help put Cinderella to peace and get you out of here..” Michael said truthfully. He was hoping that he would talk to him now. Now that Alastair knew that someone believed him, he would open up. But his hope was vain because Alastair still didn’t move. He didn’t acknowledge Michael’s existence. Michael realized that this was a waste of time and turned to leave….but he stopped…

“It doesn’t matter if you believe me or not...it’s too late...They’re coming...and we will soon all be dead Mr.McCallis...we’ll all be dead”..

The End.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was an assignment I had in my Creative Writing class. At first I was stumped. I didn't know what to write about and at the last minute, I found the motivation and wrote this. I would really appreciate any feedback :) Thank you