Hope's Guardian

| Chapter Four | I need my wings |

The angels looked down from the above and tears fell from their eyes, the sky. Every angel in heaven looked down at the fragile girl that has gone though so much and has so much that will still hit her, trying to knock her down. How could a world that began so perfect turn into this? Throughout many years of building up Earth, was it only so that humans could destroy it?

A young angel stood at the end of a great hall. He had beautiful white hair, gray eyes, and a perfect mouth. Nicholas “Nick” walked gracefully through the grand hall and kneeled down in front of the top angel. Nick once was human many, many years ago. But his life suddenly ended in a fatal car crash when he was only 16. He decided to become an angel other than to live with his family in the other side of heaven. So when he came to live with the other angels they decided that his main form was to be a 16-year old boy. Of course he could become any age he wanted, as could all the other angels.
“Have you been watching the girl, Nick?” asked the old angel.
“Yes sir, just like all the other angels have been,” replied Nick still kneeling in front of him.
“Good, this is your chance to earn your wings. Do you get what I am saying?” asked the head.
“Yes and no, sir,” answer Nick finally getting up from kneeling position.
“Well, the girl needs help and you were chosen to help her since she is 16 and you know what it is like to be that age more than any of the other angels. If you succeed in doing so you will have your wings.” The head told Nick.
“Yes sir, I will do my best.”
“Are you ready to go?”
“As ready as I will ever be, sir.”
With that Nick was lead down the stairway to Earth. The rest of his years of being an angel depended on this one task. For he can never become a real guardian angel if he does not earn his wings.
"Welcome back to the living", he told himself lower than a whisper.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this one was short, but it had to be. Sorry...